U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2010, 02:16 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,223,939 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: deleted

..I've been referred to as one here more than once, (and personally, I don't think I fit the criteria),could someone please give me a brief rundown of what exactly the criteria is to be considered a fundie? I'm not a Christian Fundamentalist by any means.Not even close,nor am I southern baptist,Catholic, or anything close to that.I'm not very legalistic either.so i'm not sure what some mean when they say that.it seems to me that simply believing in end times qualifies to some as being a fundie?

::
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 02:19 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,223,939 times
..and may I ask, what would disqualify one from being a fundie? what about being a democrat,not being a republican,not being legalistic,etc?

Old 05-30-2010, 04:57 PM

7,861 posts, read 6,671,409 times
Christian Fundamentalist is suppose to be the foundation of believers who are lead by the mental mind of Christ...............

Old 05-30-2010, 05:48 PM

30,209 posts, read 19,991,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Christian Fundamentalist is suppose to be the foundation of believers who are lead by the mental mind of Christ...............
If only this was true,but instead we have the the deep seated doctrine of men that passes has the mind of Christ, and those who passively subject themselves to it without being open to the Spirit of God, because of fear of the consequences of going against the flow.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:25 AM

29,738 posts, read 47,532,009 times
What is 'Fundamentalism':
the effort to study the Bible, without the lens of 2,000 years of man-made doctrinal build-up;

to place yourself at a place where you are mimicking the faith that existed before man-made organizations took over and re-defined Christianity;

to preach and walk as the first century Christians did;

to get back to the fundamental basics of Christianity.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:37 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,752,545 times
Main Entry: fun·da·men·tal·ism
Pronunciation: \-tə-ˌli-zəm\
Function: noun
Date: 1922
1 a often capitalized : a movement in 20th century Protestantism emphasizing the literally interpreted Bible as fundamental to Christian life and teaching b : the beliefs of this movement c : adherence to such beliefs
2 : a movement or attitude stressing strict and literal adherence to a set of basic principles

If you're a total literalist, then you're a fundie. If you believe that Revelation is yet to be fulfilled, then you're a fundie. I could be labeled as both a fundie and a universalist. It's just a label and a way to categorize our belief systems into one word.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:56 PM

3,577 posts, read 454,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Main Entry: fun·da·men·tal·ism
Pronunciation: \-tə-ˌli-zəm\
Function: noun
Date: 1922
1 a often capitalized : a movement in 20th century Protestantism emphasizing the literally interpreted Bible as fundamental to Christian life and teaching b : the beliefs of this movement c : adherence to such beliefs
2 : a movement or attitude stressing strict and literal adherence to a set of basic principles

If you're a total literalist, then you're a fundie. If you believe that Revelation is yet to be fulfilled, then you're a fundie. I could be labeled as both a fundie and a universalist. It's just a label and a way to categorize our belief systems into one word.
And as with all labels and generalistions they get very abused .................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity