U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:21 AM

7,901 posts, read 8,472,480 times

Advertisements

....knowing that regardless, God is in control.

Phil 4:4-8 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

And knowing that God will enable...

Phil 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 09:22 AM

21,416 posts, read 29,529,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
....knowing that regardless, God is in control.

Phil 4:4-8
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Phil 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
AMEN!

Old 06-01-2010, 09:56 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,681,073 times
something no one has achieved yet.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:26 AM

5,405 posts, read 4,656,644 times
Contentment is... walking in Jesus' love.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:43 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,232,976 times
...when combined with godliness, great gain. (1 Timothy 6:6).

Timothy defines contentment as being satisfied with the very basics of having food and clothing. "And having food and raiment let us be therewith content" (verse 8).

... where there is true godliness, there will be contentment. Those who have arrived at this pinnacle of contentment with their godliness are absolutely THE happiest people in this world. Godliness with Christian contentment (content must come from principles of godliness) is great gain...and can be considered THE wealth of the world. He that is godly is sure to be happy in another world. If he that is godly is content with what little he has in this world, just enough to carry him through, he has no desire for more, he has enough...and to combine godliness with this contentment, is great gain...."A little that a righteous man hath, is better than the riches of many wicked." (Psalms 37:16).

All truly godly people have learned with Paul, that in whatever state they are, to be therewith content...(Phil.4:11).

Godly Christians know that whatever God allots for them, that it is the best for them....because they realize that they came into this world with nothing...so anything that they may have now is more than they came with in the first place, and more than they will ever leave with...God has provided...care was taken...so what more could we ask for?...what more should we want...?...>contentment<...this is contentment.

contentment: (Strong's Concord.)
841. as-ar-ale'-aw; from the same as 840. right towards God.

840. as-ar-ale'; by orth. var. from 833 and 410; right of God.

833. aw-shar; to be straight (used in the widest sense, espec. to be level, right, happy); fig. to go forward, be honest, prosper; - (call, be) bless (-ed, happy), go, guide, lead, relieve.

410. ale; short from 352; strength; as adj. mighty (-y one), power, strong.

352. ah'-yil; strength; hence anything strong; also a ram (from his strength; an oak or strong tree.

True happiness lies in devotion and reverence to God...it feels no need of what it has not, but also has that which exalts it above what it has not. [Weisinger]

Thank you precious Jesus for this lesson today...and thank you dear IandIlove for starting this thread...it made me seek even deeper the eternal things of God...of which I am most grateful.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
God Bless you,
Verna.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 06-01-2010 at 11:54 AM..

Old 06-01-2010, 05:02 PM

3,576 posts, read 451,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Contentment is...Knowing that as long as religious folk continue to live in their religious delusion, the world will never change and will be become more and more unkind and intolerant of other folk who don't believe exactly as they do but also knowing that one day when the people of this world wake up and religious dogma is left in the dust, where it should be now, the world will become a much more kind, tolerant and generous place to live for ALL.
Christy,

I do not believe that it is the 'religious' only who cause suffering and injustice -- I know that you are reacting to the religious oppression and indoctrination but there are kind, considerate religious people as well as evil religious people -- there are kind and considerate non religious people as well as evil non religious people........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity