U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-13-2013, 09:27 AM
 
794 posts, read 554,595 times
Reputation: 117

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Nobody has said that anyone has to do anything. The fact is that if one truly loves Jesus then one would want to follow the commandments, as best they can. We are still sinners and always will be, until Jesus returns. Why is it that you and so many others wish to say that we are saying that you must follow the commandments to receive salvation? That is not what anyone is saying at all, but you know that and just wish to argue. The facts are that if you love Jesus then you will try to live by His Father's commands.
Because you're using words like "try to" and "want to." Your flesh hates God and does not want to follow His commands. The bible says the law arouses sin. If you try to follow God's law by your own efforts, in ANY way, you will find yourself breaking them a thousand times over. Why? Because the bible says LAW AROUSES SIN. Did the bible not say that in our flesh is no good thing? Did Jesus not say that there is not one good person on Earth? Why for the life of me do so many believers want to hold on to self righteousness? The only good that can manifest in the life of a believer is that which happens by accident, apart from your desire or effort to do so, because of the revelation that God loves you and all your sins are forgiven. Any other obedience that manifests in the life of a believer apart from this is works and God will not place any works of the flesh above the work of His Son Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-13-2013, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
10,952 posts, read 4,638,946 times
Reputation: 1123
"Try to" and "want to" only reflect the conflict in our natures that Paul described so eloquently. Live by the Spirit or by the flesh. Living by the Spirit is often a conscious choice, nothing "accidental" about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2013, 10:27 AM
 
794 posts, read 554,595 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"Try to" and "want to" only reflect the conflict in our natures that Paul described so eloquently. Live by the Spirit or by the flesh. Living by the Spirit is often a conscious choice, nothing "accidental" about it.
You are mixing the wines and you still believe there is good in our efforts. There is not. Salvation is ALL about Jesus and NONE about us. Until you rest in the finished work of Christ you are living in vain. Holiness can only manifest in the life of a believer when they rest in the finished work. Resting in the finished work means believing that Jesus has eternally saved you completely by His finished work on the cross. Then and only then when you believe that will you see holiness manifest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2013, 11:12 AM
 
3,365 posts, read 2,799,071 times
Reputation: 2315
If Jesus blood is all that is required to get you into heaven, that means homosexuals are not living in sin against the will of God, most atheist that use to be devout Christians that were once saved by Jesus blood, are covered even though they have completely turned from God, and all people that are shacking up and living with their mate for years and in a sexual relationship living a sexually immoral lifestyle are fine as well, because they were saved by Jesus blood.

The bible doesn't contradict itself. Look at all these verses and it is quite clear, even if you are saved, you CAN NOT live these lifestyle and think you will go to heaven. Please don't say a Christian wouldn't not do any of this, because my main argument is against continuous backsliding of Christians that accepted Jesus as their savior, but continually do things the bible speaks against and what God commands of his followers.

A lifestyle is much different than a sin. Sin, you can recognize it, repent and turn away from it. Lifestyle is when you continually do that same sin over and over and over even though you know what scriptures say.

Galatians 5:19-21

New King James Version (NKJV)
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

All theses verses say you will not go to heaven if you live these lifestyles.
-Live in adultery
-Murderer
-Idolatry
-Sexual Immorality
-Thieves
-and many others not listed.

God is not a fool, dont for one second think you can live a sinful lifestyle after you are saved and have no regrets about what you are doing and think you are going to be accepted in the kingdom, when the bible clearly states that anyone that lives these lifestyles WILL NOT inherit the kingdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2013, 05:01 PM
 
794 posts, read 554,595 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If Jesus blood is all that is required to get you into heaven, that means homosexuals are not living in sin against the will of God, most atheist that use to be devout Christians that were once saved by Jesus blood, are covered even though they have completely turned from God, and all people that are shacking up and living with their mate for years and in a sexual relationship living a sexually immoral lifestyle are fine as well, because they were saved by Jesus blood.

The bible doesn't contradict itself. Look at all these verses and it is quite clear, even if you are saved, you CAN NOT live these lifestyle and think you will go to heaven. Please don't say a Christian wouldn't not do any of this, because my main argument is against continuous backsliding of Christians that accepted Jesus as their savior, but continually do things the bible speaks against and what God commands of his followers.

A lifestyle is much different than a sin. Sin, you can recognize it, repent and turn away from it. Lifestyle is when you continually do that same sin over and over and over even though you know what scriptures say.

Galatians 5:19-21
New King James Version (NKJV)
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

All theses verses say you will not go to heaven if you live these lifestyles.
-Live in adultery
-Murderer
-Idolatry
-Sexual Immorality
-Thieves
-and many others not listed.

God is not a fool, dont for one second think you can live a sinful lifestyle after you are saved and have no regrets about what you are doing and think you are going to be accepted in the kingdom, when the bible clearly states that anyone that lives these lifestyles WILL NOT inherit the kingdom.
Where have I once said it is ok to live in sin without regret? If you are born again then you feel guilt for the sins you have done or doing. Guilt doesn't motivate people to sin, it makes people depressed. If you are born again, God can now discipline you to correct you from sinful living. But if you're not born again, you're spiritually dead and the the Holy Spirit cannot go there. Please read my replies carefully and don't jump to conclusions. I am not advocating universal salvation or license to sin. Do you honestly think anyone who believes they are saved by the blood of Jesus is going out and sinning without regret because they believe they are constantly being cleansed by His blood? No! That's why they are living in sin. They don't truly believe in Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2013, 05:04 PM
 
794 posts, read 554,595 times
Reputation: 117
The law arouses sin. "Romans 7:5" For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death.

Grace manifests holiness. 'Romans 7:6" But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2013, 05:19 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
10,952 posts, read 4,638,946 times
Reputation: 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
Where have I once said it is ok to live in sin without regret? If you are born again then you feel guilt for the sins you have done or doing. Guilt doesn't motivate people to sin, it makes people depressed. If you are born again, God can now discipline you to correct you from sinful living. But if you're not born again, you're spiritually dead and the the Holy Spirit cannot go there. Please read my replies carefully and don't jump to conclusions. I am not advocating universal salvation or license to sin. Do you honestly think anyone who believes they are saved by the blood of Jesus is going out and sinning without regret because they believe they are constantly being cleansed by His blood? No! That's why they are living in sin. They don't truly believe in Jesus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
I'm sorry but you are wrong. There is no sin that the blood of Jesus cannot cleanse. Even someone who turns away from the Christian lifestyle but believes in Jesus will be in Heaven because salvation is more solid than their lifestyle.
Close enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2013, 05:28 PM
 
794 posts, read 554,595 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Close enough?
Like I said, show me where I said its Ok to sin because of the blood of Jesus. Did I not say that believers experience guilt for their sins? How many times do I have to say this: Do you honestly think anyone is living a lifestyle of sin because they believe the blood of Jesus is cleansing them of every sin? NO! That's why they are living in sin. If you believe the blood of Jesus cleanses you from every sin, that does not make you want to sin but if you do, you feel guilt and God's discipline corrects you.

Pride turns faith into a work. I want to make faith, faith again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2013, 05:51 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
10,952 posts, read 4,638,946 times
Reputation: 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
Like I said, show me where I said its Ok to sin because of the blood of Jesus. Did I not say that believers experience guilt for their sins? How many times do I have to say this: Do you honestly think anyone is living a lifestyle of sin because they believe the blood of Jesus is cleansing them of every sin? NO! That's why they are living in sin. If you believe the blood of Jesus cleanses you from every sin, that does not make you want to sin but if you do, you feel guilt and God's discipline corrects you.

Pride turns faith into a work. I want to make faith, faith again.
So the person who turns away from the Christian lifestyle feels guilty? No of course that person doesn't believe that the blood is cleansing them, that's part of turning away, isn't it? But he will be in heaven because he was saved (according to your previous post).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2013, 06:29 PM
 
794 posts, read 554,595 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So the person who turns away from the Christian lifestyle feels guilty? No of course that person doesn't believe that the blood is cleansing them, that's part of turning away, isn't it? But he will be in heaven because he was saved (according to your previous post).
Sin manifest in the life of a believer when they forget that God loves them. There are parents here on Earth that still love their kids even after they commit heinous acts. If the love of a human parent can be that strong, how great do you suppose God's love is? Remember the prodigal son. The pride of man always tries to bring God down to a human level but don't forget that God is way bigger than us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:40 PM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top