U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 06:12 AM

1 posts, read 761 times

Advertisements

Christians, like it or not changed the 10 commandments (that in itself ) thou shalt not have any graven image did not suit them so they deleted it ,that means any part of the word of G-D that they do not agree with, over time knowing people will believe anything as long as enough people do not even question it.

The fact that Saturday is the seventh day and therefore the Sabbath was changed as well because it suited them to do it, the bible clearly states from Genesis on that Saturday is the sabbath and no where in the bible does it change.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 06:26 AM

8,262 posts, read 14,865,610 times
As I am not Catholic I certainly wont be bashing them. But it does seem they have changed thier doctrine over the years. Such as St. Christopher, eating meat on Friday and the existance of Limbo. Whether they changed the commandments or not. Who knows?

Old 11-07-2012, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 664 times
God expects us to do what we believe in our heart to be the right thing and love one another no matter what.And in the end be judged accordingly And not force people to do what they believe.We have but one judge and he is not here !!

Old 11-11-2012, 04:31 AM

268 posts, read 203,272 times
The Ten Commandments was personally written by G-D twice... Moses broke the first tablets, but was commanded to take another set of tablets; so G-D may write on them again without changing what He wrote on the first set... Therefore no man or religion have the right to tamper with the Masterpiece of G-D...

Deu 10:4 "where the LORD wrote the Ten Commandments on them, just as he had done the first time. The commandments were exactly what he had announced from the fire, when you were gathered at the mountain. After the LORD returned the stones to me, 5 I took them down the mountainside and put them in the chest, just as he had commanded. And they are still there."

Old 06-10-2013, 05:13 AM

1 posts, read 543 times
I used to be catholic and yes they do worship idols. And statues would be considered as graven images plus if u want further proof check out the Latin soap operas aka novellas how they worship the Virgin Mary the Catholic Church contradicts the word of GOD. And most of the catholic man made customs is from pagan origin REMeMBEr the constant warnings of Babylon in the Bible

Old 06-10-2013, 07:29 AM

132 posts, read 118,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daizy098 View Post
I used to be catholic and yes they do worship idols. And statues would be considered as graven images plus if u want further proof check out the Latin soap operas aka novellas how they worship the Virgin Mary the Catholic Church contradicts the word of GOD. And most of the catholic man made customs is from pagan origin REMeMBEr the constant warnings of Babylon in the Bible
If you actually WERE a Catholic( That's with
a capital C), you obviously learned nothing about the church.

Last edited by alte hornise; 06-10-2013 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: shorten

Old 06-11-2013, 06:46 AM

5 posts, read 2,627 times
Unfortunately people have ceased to take the law of God seriously and place their own interpretation of everything God says. The 10 commandments are pretty clear. Yes, the catholic church makes graven images and bow down to them exactly as the 2nd commandment says not to. They also introduced pagan Sunday worship n replaced Gods seventh day Sabbath (Saturday).. some say, what's the big deal ?! Well, simply that Gods law is violated. That's sin (1 john 3:4), exactly why Jesus Christ had to die to forgive us n bring us back to the truth.
Follow God, not traditions. Seek the truth out for yourself n don't follow a man or leader. I used to be catholic until i put away my own preconceived ideas and read the scriptures without outside influence.

John 4:24 KJV "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
"

Matthew 15:9 Kjv "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:50 AM

For the doubtful:

From catholic church:

"Not the Creator of Universe, in Genesis 2:1-3,-but the
Catholic Church can claim the honor of having granted
man a pause to his work every seven days."-S. C. Mosna,
Storia della Domenica, 1969, pp. 366-367.

"The Pope is of great authority and power that he can
modify, explain, or interpret even divine laws... The Pope
can modify divine law, since his power is not of man, but
of God, and he acts as vicegerent of God upon earth." -Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Ribliotheca, "Papa," art. 2,
translated.

"The Pope has the power to change times, to abrogate
laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of
Christ." "The Pope has the authority and often exercised it,
to dispense with the command of Christ." Decretal, de
Tranlatic Episcop. Cap. (The Pope can modify divine law.)
Ferraris' Ecclesiastical Dictionary.

They "dispense with the command of Christ???" When the
Catholic church is asked..."Why do you feel you have the
power, authority and ability to change Scripture to match
your traditions?" They answer...

"Had she not such power, she could not have done that in
which all modern religionists agree with her; --she could
not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first
day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the
seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural
authority." -Rev. Stephan Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism,
"On the Obedience Due to the Church," chap. 2, p. 174.
(Imprimatur, John Cardinal McCloskey, archbishop of New
York.)

"The authority of the church could therefore not be bound
to the authority of the Scriptures, because the Church had
changed...the Sabbath into Sunday, not by command of
Christ, but by its own authority." Canon and Tradition, p.

"Is not every Christian obliged to sanctify Sunday and to
abstain on that day from unnecessary servile work? Is not
the observance of this law among the most prominent of
our sacred duties? But you may read the Bible from
Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line
authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures
enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which
we never sanctify." -James Cardinal Gibbons, The Faith of
Our Fathers (1917 ed.), pp. 72, 73.

This isn't even a dent in how many similar quotes they have

Old 06-11-2013, 07:01 AM

4 posts, read 2,245 times
In reference to the arguments being raised by other people in this thread, Catholics do not worship idols or any graven images. Be it known that the 10 Commandments are issued at the time God's people have started to worship carved images of other gods and goddesses - most of which are half animals and half humans. It is the belief of those who have studied theology and the Bible that those images actually refer to the images of mythological deities - probably from the Greek, Roman, Persian, and other ancient cultures.

The images found in Catholic churches are no where near the images of half animals and half humans. They are images of Jesus and the saints. The church does not teach its followers to worship these images in exchange of glorifying the one true God. The images are actually instrumental in strengthening the faith of Catholics such as they serve reminders of what Jesus and the saints have done.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:18 AM

Please read the.entire commandment. It is not talking about animals

Exodus 20:4-6 KJV

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Also, precisely the reason for this commandment is the fact that people begin to look at the statues as a god (exactly as you mentioned) instead of looking to Christ. God doesn't want us to look at lifeless statues to remember Him. Our life should be a witness n enough to be a reminder of who we serve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity