U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:08 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,383,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
By His own declaration, it is Jesus Christ Himself who will personally order into the eternal fire, those who reject Him as Savior.

To ignore and reject the word of God is an insult to God.
To ignore the Word of Jesus and not do as commanded, is an insult to Jesus. To apply doctrines outside of what Jesus gave to us, by sending people to other men's words, and not that of Jesus Himself, is an insult to not only Jesus, but also His Father, who inspired the Word's of Jesus and showed the world the works of the Father through His Son.

Good luck with that!

How do you you reject Jesus as Savior? Read Matthew 25 again, REAL SLOWLY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 09:19 AM

968 posts, read 720,431 times
Quote:
God's plan, will, and purpose is to save those who believe the Gospel and to leave in eternal condemnation those who don't.

Mike, I'm a little confused maybe you can help. Let's start with these 2 verses.

John 6:44 -> "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day"

John 15:16 -> ""You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you."

So if God is responsible for us coming to Him in the first place, why does He choose some to save and others leave in eternal comdemnation?

Is He playing favorites? IF so, then the verse He is no respector of persons is false. Are the comdemned satan seed all along? Please clarify. Thanks.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:22 AM

6,221 posts, read 6,424,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post

If the teachings you believe teach that some who say they believe, really are not saved, and therefore damned to hell and uncorrectable, then it is as easily you and mike who "Say" they believe "do things" in Jesus name, but will also hear "depart".
Exactly. Brilliant point as usual Phaze!

Put another way, Mike and ILNC, using your own teaching, there is no assurance that you are both not going to be departing from the Lord forever.

Hypocrisy.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:33 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,127,835 times
Quote:
God's plan, will, and purpose is to save those who believe the Gospel and to leave in eternal condemnation those who don't.
Who God decides to save or condemn is none of your business.

brian

Old 06-02-2010, 09:35 AM

20,353 posts, read 15,737,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen..... Mike !!

There is such denial all over this forum in what you have posted here. It sometimes boggles my mind how can an individual deny the scriptures presented here, it is so plain and simple.

Besides it's not what you are saying, but God !! It is His word that is speaking to the heart as they read it. Not you.... !! You are only the instrument, typing and presenting the written word of God. Those are Jesus' very words..... speaking !!

Yet, the Lord always has to reminds me that without His Spirit the natural mind can not receive let alone comprehend what the Spirit is saying...... and that there will be denial and a great apostasy from the truth, even hatred, resentment toward the messenger.

Jesus said,

Matthew 5:10
"Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Psalm 94:21
They band together against the righteous and condemn the innocent to death.

And I have seen this a lot lately.... here in this forum of 3-4 individuals ganging up and verbally bullying, abusing another. Regardless, not respecting anothers belief and yet they proclaim to everyone, "God is love," and to "love thy neighbor" and yet I don't see the acting upon the very scripture they proclaim.....

Everytime I witness this happening with a group of 3-4 individuals ganging up on one individual, I so remember reading in the scripture how the Pharisee's in their little groups following Jesus around, provoking, trying to trap Him, arguing (modern translation; debating) with Him and so forth......

Sorry, Mike, my intention was not to go off topic!! Venting, venting, venting, I've been reading the threads, nice and quiet right now and that I can't believe what I am reading and witnessing in the behavior of some..... and having no compassion for the sake of a fellow human being, regardless of their belief..... BUT THEY KNOW GOD IS LOVE..... right !!!

And am sure this excellent thread will be hit pretty hard and thrashed by those who tell you, "God is love" and we are to "love our neighbor" .......

What's that golden rule, Oh, yeah, do as I say, not as I do..... LOL !!!

Blessing......
Thank you Latte'Chic . Truth is always opposed by those reject it. Satan is the father of lies, and those who have rejected the truth are his unwitting pawns in this spiritual warfare. The more those who reject the truth continue to do so, the more tightly locked into their negitive volition they become.

It is true that very many of those who profess tolerence toward others draw the line when it comes to those who stand in the truth. But as it says in Matthew 5:11,12...

''Blessed are you when men cast insults at you, and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, on account of Me.
''Rejoice, and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

The church-age believer in Christ is an ambassador of Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:20. An ambassador is a high ranking minister, or a member of royalty send forth into a foreign country to represent his country. As a spiritual ambassador, the church-age believer represents the Lord in the devils world. An ambassadors instructions are in written form and our written instructions are found in the word of God. An ambassador doesn't belong to the country to which he is sent. The believer is a citizen of heaven, not of the devil's world. Phil 3:20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; 21) who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

Any insults to the ambassador are insults to the country he represents. Insults directed to the believer are in reality insults to Christ. And He will deal with it.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:35 AM

26,357 posts, read 14,233,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
If the teachings you believe teach that some who say they believe, really are not saved, and therefore damned to hell and uncorrectable, then it is as easily you and mike who "Say" they believe "do things" in Jeuss name, but will also hear "depart".
Matt. 7:21 - "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

This isn't Mike's doctrine. Jesus said this Himself.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:40 AM

20,353 posts, read 15,737,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Who God decides to save or condemn is none of your business.

brian
God does not arbitrarily decide to save some and not others. He saves all who believe the Gospel concerning Christ. All those who reject Christ are left under eternal condemnation. It is the responsibility of the believer to make the issue clear.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:45 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,698,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Matt. 7:21 - "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

This isn't Mike's doctrine. Jesus said this Himself.

Therefore showing that Mike could as easily as anyone hear those words.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:52 AM

26,357 posts, read 14,233,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Exactly. Brilliant point as usual Phaze!

Put another way, Mike and ILNC, using your own teaching, there is no assurance that you are both not going to be departing from the Lord forever.

Hypocrisy.
There is assurance.

1 John 5:10-13 - The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son. 11 And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:58 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,698,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
There is assurance.

1 John 5:10-13 - The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son. 11 And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Well, I personally believe the assurance that God has proclaimed for all mankind.

Mike says "Many people however, profess to believe in Christ, but in reality, they do not."

This could be Mike. Just because he professes to believe, according to his own words, does not mean he does.

So his beliefs, do not really carry any assurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or