U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-02-2010, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,475 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Reputation: 9408

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Any insults to the ambassador are insults to the country he represents. Insults directed to the believer are in reality insults to Christ. And He will deal with it.
Indeed. Yesterday when I said I had accepted Jesus as my personal saviour, I was attacked and accused for stealing the credit for my salvation from Christ.

Keep up the good work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-02-2010, 09:57 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I am seated w/ Christ already.

Eph. 2:4-6 - But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

Well according to mike, you say you believe, but you really may not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 09:58 AM
 
20,298 posts, read 15,638,239 times
Reputation: 7408
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Exactly. Brilliant point as usual Phaze!

Put another way, Mike and ILNC, using your own teaching, there is no assurance that you are both not going to be departing from the Lord forever.

Hypocrisy.
To the contrary!!!

Acts 16:30 and after he brought them out, he said, ''Sirs, what must I do to be saved?'' 31) And they said, ''Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved...

John 6:28 They said therefore to Him, 'What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?'' 29) Jesus answered and said to them, ''This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.''
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 10:00 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary!!!

Acts 16:30 and after he brought them out, he said, ''Sirs, what must I do to be saved?'' 31) And they said, ''Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved...

John 6:28 They said therefore to Him, 'What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?'' 29) Jesus answered and said to them, ''This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.''

Mike wrote:
Many people however, profess to believe in Christ, but in reality, they do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,475 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Reputation: 9408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Mike wrote:
Many people however, profess to believe in Christ, but in reality, they do not.
And he is exactly right. 70% of Americans say they believe in God and that they are saved and going to heaven, but if they bothered to examine their faiths many would discover that they are not saved, and their fruit proves it. They are 'Christians in name only'. Mike has supplied Bible verses to back up his points, and it seems clear you are intentionally not getting the point.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-02-2010 at 10:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 10:13 AM
 
20,298 posts, read 15,638,239 times
Reputation: 7408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Well according to mike, you say you believe, but you really may not.
To believe in Christ means that in understanding the issue of salvation, you of your own free will, place your entire trust, confidence, faith in Christ to provide that salvation. It means to completely cease from your own efforts to earn salvation by deeds which originate from human righteousness, which God compares to used menstrual rags. Isa 64:6. Anythng you add to faith alone in Christ alone is not putting your entire trust in Christ. To believe in Christ means to place your entire weight on Christ.

Salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.

Titus 3:5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, 6) whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7) that being justified by His grace we might be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 10:13 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And he is exactly right. 70% of Americans say they believe in God and that they are saved and going to heaven, but if they bothered to examine their faiths they would discover that they are not saved, and their fruit proves it. They are 'Christians in name only'. Mike has supplied Bible verses to back up his points, and it seems clear you are intentionally not getting the point.
If Mike is right, then you may not enter the kingdom either, just because you claim you will does not mean you will.


Mike said: Many people however, profess to believe in Christ, but in reality, they do not.

If he is right, this may be you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 10:15 AM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,371,783 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary. The issue in salvation is always faith in Christ. Those who believe in Christ have His righteousness and the work they do is acceptable to God. The unbeliever has only his own human righteousness, and his works are always rejected by God. Matthew 25:31-46 is set in the Tribulation. A time of unparalleled distress and tribulation in which most people's love will grow cold.

Matthew 24:9 ''Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations on account of My name, 10) And at that time many will fall away and will deliver up one another and hate one another. 11) And many false prophets will arise, and will mislead many. 12) ''And because lawlessness is increased, MOST PEOPLE'S LOVE WILL GROW COLD. 13) But the one who endures to the end (of the tribulation), he shall be saved (he will be physically delivered to go into the Millennial kingdom). Those during the Tribulation who are believers will demonstrate kindness toward others. They are saved not because of their deeds, but because they are believers in Christ. Their deeds, their acts of Kindness reflect the fact that they are believers during that terrible time in human history.

Here is more on the subject...

Matthew 25:31-46 -- Works Salvation? (http://www.faithalone.org/news/y1988/88march1.html - broken link)
And you think this is a one time event, and not happening in the daily lives of TRUE believers? LOL. So only part of the Christians are enemies of this world?

Ok, Mike.

Those verses I purposed out of the Word deal with the judgement seat of Christ, period. Not about any times, time or half a time. Judgement. Period. Sheep. Goats. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 10:20 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To believe in Christ means that in understanding the issue of salvation, you of your own free will, place your entire trust, confidence, faith in Christ to provide that salvation. It means to completely cease from your own efforts to earn salvation by deeds which originate from human righteousness, which God compares to used menstrual rags. Isa 64:6. Anythng you add to faith alone in Christ alone is not putting your entire trust in Christ. To believe in Christ means to place your entire weight on Christ.

Salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.

Titus 3:5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, 6) whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7) that being justified by His grace we might be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.


You say you believe and have this understanding. But you said yourself, there are those who profess it and do not actually believe it.

That may be you. There is nothing that shows anyone that it is not other than the same claims you say others make, but are false.

Just because you make a claim, according to you, doesn't mean anything. So your claims are just as empty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 10:24 AM
 
20,298 posts, read 15,638,239 times
Reputation: 7408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Indeed. Yesterday when I said I had accepted Jesus as my personal saviour, I was attacked and accused for stealing the credit for my salvation from Christ.

Keep up the good work!
Thank you. They do make those accusations don't they!!! And that, dispite the fact that Ephesians 2:8-9 says this.

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9) not as a result of works, THAT NO ONE SHOULD BOAST.

There is No merit in faith. The merit is in the object of faith, which with regard to salvation is Jesus Christ. The faith is the means by which the one who believes appropriates the results of the work of Jesus Christ on the Cross.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top