U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-02-2010, 11:29 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,651 posts, read 32,108,797 times
Reputation: 9442

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
If Mike is right, then you may not enter the kingdom either, just because you claim you will does not mean you will.

Mike said: Many people however, profess to believe in Christ, but in reality, they do not.

If he is right, this may be you.
I examine my faith, and do not fail the test. There was a day however when I examined myself and I realized I was walking on the broad path, and not the narrow path. I was on the road to destruction because I did not know the Lord and the Lord did not know me. But that changed when I asked Christ to come into my life.

Now I pass the test.


YouTube - Examine Yourself 4 Minute Compilation by Paul Washer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-02-2010, 11:29 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
26,327 posts, read 14,216,501 times
Reputation: 10145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Well according to mike, you say you believe, but you really may not.
OK - so basically you need to do verbal gymnastics to make your point instead of making your point from the Bible.

I give the primary Scripture Mike was quoting from (Matt. 7:21), and you continue along as if it doesn't exist - as if it is Mike's statement. Sorry - I won't play along here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 11:31 AM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,382,083 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Thank you. They do make those accusations don't they!!! And that, dispite the fact that Ephesians 2:8-9 says this.

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9) not as a result of works, THAT NO ONE SHOULD BOAST.

There is No merit in faith. The merit is in the object of faith, which with regard to salvation is Jesus Christ. The faith is the means by which the one who believes appropriates the results of the work of Jesus Christ on the Cross.
Sorry, but faith is the WORKING relationship in and FOR God, not just merely belief. Ask the Prophets of old, including but not limited to, ALL of Hebrews 11, and including Jesus Himself.

Yes, we cannot boast OF our works, but never the less it is a relfection of what we believe, and that is in Jesus Christ and our Father. If you want to follow Him, do what you are TOLD TO DO. After all, it is not a suggestion, it is a commandment.

Almost everyone believes, just ask them. LOL. Some even purportedly KNOW the Truth, yet remain in bondage, both in this world, and even in the Spiritual world. They serve multiple masters, and do not HONOR GOD, nor give Him Thanks.

So they are deluded in their thoughts, and ACTIONS. They believe they are sheep, yet do not hear His Voice. So, in fact, they are goats, going where THEY CHOOSE. They follow after other men, thinking they have spiritual water, when in fact they are DYING OF THIRST, like the woman at the well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 11:34 AM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,382,083 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I examine my faith, and do not fail the test. There was a day however when I examined myself and I realized I was walking on the broad path, and not the narrow path. I was on the road to destruction because I did not know the Lord and the Lord did not know me. But that changed when I asked Christ to come into my life.

Now I pass the test.


YouTube - Examine Yourself 4 Minute Compilation by Paul Washer

Ever watch the full shocking message to the youth? It is more than a simple prayer. Paul Washer is a true visionary with a great relationship with the Father. The only point i disagree with him on, is the Lordship Salvation doctrine. He believes it merits only in the next life, and I believe it has everything to do with this life also. But perhaps one day...lol. The Father has him where He wants him, at this point, as with us all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 11:35 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,697,381 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
But that changed when I asked Christ to come into my life.

Mike says that many claim to believe, but really do not, this may be you.

Just because you have Paul Washers approval doesn't mean anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 11:39 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,697,381 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
OK - so basically you need to do verbal gymnastics to make your point instead of making your point from the Bible.

I give the primary Scripture Mike was quoting from (Matt. 7:21), and you continue along as if it doesn't exist - as if it is Mike's statement. Sorry - I won't play along here.

The scripture has already been given. What scripture are you referring to, the one mike used to show that just because someone says they believe doesn't mean they really do?

What makes your claim valid just because you claim it and post a bible verse?

You said Mike was right, so own up to that correctness. You say you believe, but you really may not. Making claims proves nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,651 posts, read 32,108,797 times
Reputation: 9442
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Ever watch the full shocking message to the youth? It is more than a simple prayer. Paul Washer is a true visionary with a great relationship with the Father.
Yes, I saw the full length version of the youth sermon. Good stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,651 posts, read 32,108,797 times
Reputation: 9442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Mike says that many claim to believe, but really do not, this may be you.

Just because you have Paul Washers approval doesn't mean anything.
Whatever you say.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 11:46 AM
 
20,339 posts, read 15,726,172 times
Reputation: 7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You say you believe and have this understanding. But you said yourself, there are those who profess it and do not actually believe it.

That may be you. There is nothing that shows anyone that it is not other than the same claims you say others make, but are false.

Just because you make a claim, according to you, doesn't mean anything. So your claims are just as empty.
The believer is justified before God by faith. The believer is justified before man by his works. God knows the heart. Man can only see the fruit which is manifested by the believer. That is the point of James 2:14-25.

Matthew 7:13 ''Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide, and the way is broad that lead to destruction, and many are those who enter by it. 14) ''For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it.

15) ''Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16) ''You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes, nor figs from thistles, are they? 17) 'Even so, every good tree bears good fruit; but the bad tree bears bad fruit. 18) ''A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19) ''Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown ito the fire. 20) So then, you will know them by their fruits. 21) ''Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22) ''Many will say to Me on that day, ''Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'' 23) ''And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; Depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.''
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,126,169 times
Reputation: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God does not arbitrarily decide to save some and not others. He saves all who believe the Gospel concerning Christ. All those who reject Christ are left under eternal condemnation. It is the responsibility of the believer to make the issue clear.
God saved me, and i am fully confident that He can save whoever else He wishes. He does all according to His will, not mans. With God all things are possible!

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top