U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 01:40 AM

20,359 posts, read 15,743,543 times

Advertisements

2 Timothy 2:19 says, ''The Lord knows those who are His...''

The will of the Father concerning unbelievers is to believe in Jesus Christ for salvation.

John 6:26 Jesus answered them and said, ''Truly, truly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate of the loaves, and were filled. 27) ''Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man shall give to you, for on Him the Father, even God, has set His seal.''

John 6:28 They said therefore to Him, ''What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?'' 29) Jesus answered and said to them, ''This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.

Many people however, profess to believe in Christ, but in reality, they do not. They may do all kinds of things in the name of the Lord, but they never enter into a saving relationship with Christ by simply believing in Him for salvation. To believe in Christ for salvation, means to cease entirely from your own efforts to earn salvation by your works of human righteousness (Isa. 64:6; Titus 3:5), and to depend entirely on the work of Christ on the Cross to save you. You must understand the issue regarding salvation and desire to enter into a saving relationship with Christ. Salvation is contingent upon placing your faith in Christ. All the works in the world will not save you. Indeed, the works of the unbeliever are what condemn Him as per Revelation 20:11-15.

Matthew 7:21 ''Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord', will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22) ''Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, 'Lord, did we not prophecy in Your name, and in Your name, cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles.'' 21) ''And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you ; Depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.''

There are no second chances after death. Once you die, your opportunity to receive Christ as Savior ends. The following story told by Christ demonstrates this.

Luke 13:23 And someone said to Him, ''Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?'' And He said to them, 24) ''Strive to enter by the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25) ''Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying 'Lord, open up to us!'' then He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know where you are from.' 26) ''Then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets'; 27) and He will say, 'I tell you, I do not know where you are from; Depart from Me, all you evildoers.''

The meaning of what it is to be ordered by Christ to, ''Depart from Me'' is given in Matthew 25:41.

Matthew 25:41 ''Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;46 ) ''And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.''

Matthew 25:31-46 is about Tribulational Gentile unbelievers who survive to the end of the Tribulation, but will not be allowed to enter into the kingdom. They will be cast off the earth into the eternal fire. This is the baptism of fire which was prophesied by John the baptist in Matthew 3:12. ''And His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clear His threshing floor; and He will gather His wheat into the barn, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.''

To avoid being eternally separated from God, simply receive Jesus Christ as your personal Savior.

Acts 16:31 ''...Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved...''

John 3:16 ''For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Eternal salvation is that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 01:51 AM

3,587 posts, read 466,881 times

Old 06-02-2010, 02:29 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,392,517 times
Don't forget. God IS the everlasting fire!!

( aren't angels spirits?? Maybe this is a spiritual fire of some kind??)

Old 06-02-2010, 04:39 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,064,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

The will of the Father concerning unbelievers is to believe in Jesus Christ for salvation.

John 6:26 Jesus answered them and said, ''Truly, truly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate of the loaves, and were filled. 27) ''Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man shall give to you, for on Him the Father, even God, has set His seal.''

John 6:28 They said therefore to Him, ''What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?'' 29) Jesus answered and said to them, ''This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.

Many people however, profess to believe in Christ, but in reality, they do not. They may do all kinds of things in the name of the Lord, but they never enter into a saving relationship with Christ by simply believing in Him for salvation. To believe in Christ for salvation, means to cease entirely from your own efforts to earn salvation by your works of human righteousness (Isa. 64:6; Titus 3:5), and to depend entirely on the work of Christ on the Cross to save you. You must understand the issue regarding salvation and desire to enter into a saving relationship with Christ. Salvation is contingent upon placing your faith in Christ. All the works in the world will not save you. Indeed, the works of the unbeliever are what condemn Him as per Revelation 20:11-15.

Matthew 7:21 ''Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord', will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22) ''Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, 'Lord, did we not prophecy in Your name, and in Your name, cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles.'' 21) ''And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you ; Depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.''

There are no second chances after death. Once you die, your opportunity to receive Christ as Savior ends. The following story told by Christ demonstrates this.

Luke 13:23 And someone said to Him, ''Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?'' And He said to them, 24) ''Strive to enter by the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25) ''Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying 'Lord, open up to us!'' then He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know where you are from.' 26) ''Then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets'; 27) and He will say, 'I tell you, I do not know where you are from; Depart from Me, all you evildoers.''

The meaning of what it is to be ordered by Christ to, ''Depart from Me'' is given in Matthew 25:41.

Matthew 25:41 ''Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;46 ) ''And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.''

Matthew 25:31-46 is about Tribulational Gentile unbelievers who survive to the end of the Tribulation, but will not be allowed to enter into the kingdom. They will be cast off the earth into the eternal fire. This is the baptism of fire which was prophesied by John the baptist in Matthew 3:12. ''And His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clear His threshing floor; and He will gather His wheat into the barn, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.''

To avoid being eternally separated from God, simply receive Jesus Christ as your personal Savior.

John 3:16 ''For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Amen..... Mike !!

There is such denial all over this forum in what you have posted here. It sometimes boggles my mind how can an individual deny the scriptures presented here, it is so plain and simple.

Besides it's not what you are saying, but God !! It is His word that is speaking to the heart as they read it. Not you.... !! You are only the instrument, typing and presenting the written word of God. Those are Jesus' very words..... speaking !!

Yet, the Lord always has to reminds me that without His Spirit the natural mind can not receive let alone comprehend what the Spirit is saying...... and that there will be denial and a great apostasy from the truth, even hatred, resentment toward the messenger.

Jesus said,

Matthew 5:10
"Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Psalm 94:21
They band together against the righteous and condemn the innocent to death.

And I have seen this a lot lately.... here in this forum of 3-4 individuals ganging up and verbally bullying, abusing another. Regardless, not respecting anothers belief and yet they proclaim to everyone, "God is love," and to "love thy neighbor" and yet I don't see the acting upon the very scripture they proclaim.....

Everytime I witness this happening with a group of 3-4 individuals ganging up on one individual, I so remember reading in the scripture how the Pharisee's in their little groups following Jesus around, provoking, trying to trap Him, arguing (modern translation; debating) with Him and so forth......

Sorry, Mike, my intention was not to go off topic!! Venting, venting, venting, I've been reading the threads, nice and quiet right now and that I can't believe what I am reading and witnessing in the behavior of some..... and having no compassion for the sake of a fellow human being, regardless of their belief..... BUT THEY KNOW GOD IS LOVE..... right !!!

And am sure this excellent thread will be hit pretty hard and thrashed by those who tell you, "God is love" and we are to "love our neighbor" .......

What's that golden rule, Oh, yeah, do as I say, not as I do..... LOL !!!

Blessing......

Old 06-02-2010, 06:12 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,590,352 times
Mike,

Not only does the Lord know those that are his, but furthermore, the scriptures say he will lose none that the Father has given him and that NO ONE can pluck them out of his hand. Isn't that enough for you? These scriptures alone ought to show you that you need not worry that the Lord will lose anything the Father has given him. Do you believe this? Have faith in God. Be not faithless, but believing. Your focus is on Mike and what Mike thinks. You have no right to condemn one single soul for whom Christ died.

Heartsong

p.s. You certainly have not been persecuted on this board just because people do not agree with your views. To imply that you have been persecuted for righteousness sake is an insult to those around the globe who really are persecuted. American Christians have no clue what real persecution is.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:20 AM

58,708 posts, read 32,146,550 times
Quote:

Excellent post Mike.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:34 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,129,074 times
Quote:

Hi Mike555,
It is important to understand the SPIRIT of Jesus, not just what He says. On the carnal level, we can read about fires and doors being closed and goats being separated from the sheep.
But on the spiritual level we can see that God has a PLAN. Jesus wasn't kidding when He declared, "It is finished." God's ways are not our ways, and God doesn't fail at what He wants to do.
We know that God loves the creature (man) that He made, and He always desires mercy over judgement, love over hate. This is revealed in both old and new testaments.

Whether there is a hell or not, God is always with us. We will never be separated from Him, because we have nowhere else to go!
God has plans for you and I today, and He will accomplish what He has set out to do. We can rest in Him with this assurance.

Blessings to you,
brian

Old 06-02-2010, 07:50 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,699,503 times
Quote:
Many people however, profess to believe in Christ, but in reality, they do not.
This is easily you as well.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:21 AM

20,359 posts, read 15,743,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi Mike555,
It is important to understand the SPIRIT of Jesus, not just what He says. On the carnal level, we can read about fires and doors being closed and goats being separated from the sheep.
But on the spiritual level we can see that God has a PLAN. Jesus wasn't kidding when He declared, "It is finished." God's ways are not our ways, and God doesn't fail at what He wants to do.
We know that God loves the creature (man) that He made, and He always desires mercy over judgement, love over hate. This is revealed in both old and new testaments.

Whether there is a hell or not, God is always with us. We will never be separated from Him, because we have nowhere else to go!
God has plans for you and I today, and He will accomplish what He has set out to do. We can rest in Him with this assurance.

Blessings to you,
brian
God's plan, will, and purpose is to save those who believe the Gospel and to leave in eternal condemnation those who don't.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:23 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,699,503 times
Quote:
God's plan, will, and purpose is to save those who believe the Gospel and to leave in eternal condemnation those who don't.

God will never give up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or