U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 02:27 PM

37,791 posts, read 25,486,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
God’s people are still prone to think with carnal minds. When they hear about things that will "shortly come to pass" immediately their attention is focused on world events rather than on the things of God.

This practice has given rise to what has been rightly termed "newspaper eschatology" — studying current events in the arena of "this present evil world" rather than searching the mind of the Spirit for the wisdom and understanding God gives of the true thing He is doing in the earth by His Spirit.

The work of God is not currently outside of us, not out there in the world of darkness with all of its plans, efforts, and shamefully fleshly and wicked activities. The work of God is withinHis elect...

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).

Sons of God do not derive their theology from the newspapers or television news casts. That is not where God’s work is seen! The Holy Spirit of God has not come to show us what the world system is up to — He has come to "take the things of Christ and show them unto us.
I hate to nitpick, little elmer . . . especially since you are bursting with God's Spirit . . . but "The work of God is within ALL..." . . . We all do not respond to it at the same time or rate. There is no way we could be "called" by the Father if it were not so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 03:19 PM

7,544 posts, read 11,614,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I hate to nitpick, little elmer . . . especially since you are bursting with God's Spirit . . . but "The work of God is within ALL..." . . . We all do not respond to it at the same time or rate. There is no way we could be "called" by the Father if it were not so.
And certainly that is true, for He has said it is "each in his own order"; but the truth of Revelation will dawn on the elect - for they are the ones (carrying Him) that creation is longing to see. (again citing Rom 8:19)

Shall we discuss who these elect are? Paul referred to them as bondservants - literally slaves to the Lord Jesus. Rom 6:16-22 tells us we are either in bondage to sin, or unto God. But this new slavery is now a beautiful relationship to a Master that loves us dearly!

Exodus 21 gives us a beautiful glimpse into God's desire for us, as it was first given to the children of Israel in the natural realm. Here's Eby's commentary on it:

Quote:
God made provision that if an Israelite, through the disaster of bad fortunes and disappointing harvests, were to fall into deep debt to some rich neighbouring creditor — so much so that he owed him more than even the land of his inheritance was worth — he was permitted to deed his property over to his creditor until the year of Jubilee. But, in addition, if the debt were larger still, he could deliver even himself up to his creditor to be his servant, his slave, so as to work off his debt. In such a case he was required to serve his master for six years. He was to go free in the seventh year.

(so much for ET)

It must have been a painful and heart breaking thing for that land owner to say farewell to his cherished homestead and beloved possessions, upon which his forefathers had bestowed their diligent labor, to go away into servitude to another. Tearful and heart touching must have been the farewell walk around his beloved home, which he and his might not ever claim again during his lifetime. But yet there was blessing out of the sorrow — freedom from anxiety and foreboding, no more struggling to make ends meet and to keep their heads above water, no more fear of the creditor breathing down his neck each year, confronting his inability to pay. All responsibility for food, clothing, shelter, and the welfare of himself and his wife and children was now transferred to the shoulders of another.

So the appointed years passed away. When the debt was satisfied, the master would call the slave into his presence, to give him his release. But a wonderful provision was made if the man feared to again try to make it on his own — if he truly loved his master, if he enjoyed the labor he had done, if he was pleased with the master’s provision for him and his wife and children. He could at that moment bind himself to that master’s service forever! If he decided to leave, he could only take what belonged to him before he became a slave. Whatever was given to him by his master stayed behind. If he was married when he became a slave, his wife went out with him when he left. However, if his master had given him a wife and she had given birth to sons or daughters, they could not accompany him.

"But if the slave shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free..." (Ex. 21:5). And if his master was also pleased, they could call for the elders of the city, and there solemnly before the judges, his master bored his ear through with an awl to the doorpost, creating the mark upon the slave that sealed his relationship to his master forever (Ex. 21:6). From the moment that the ear of the slave was pierced he was a marked man! The ornament which was usually inserted in the hole of the lobe of his ear bore testimony that he was the slave of another by his own choice, and, furthermore, that he had a desirable master! It declared that his owner took better care of him than he could of himself. His pierced ear was a way of saying that his lord had his ear, which meant that he willingly chose to obey his master’s voice! From henceforth he no longer served his master to pay off any debt — he served him willingly out of a heart of love! He had stood meekly and voluntarily at his master’s door, and gave himself in love to serve him forever! And from that day forward he was no longer merely a slave — he was a bondslave, a loveslave!
The "boring of the ear with an awl to a doorpost" is a pretty clear picture of God having our spiritual ear tuned to the Door - My sheep know my voice.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:49 PM

910 posts, read 1,051,316 times
Some of the events that have occurred;

a) God has come by himself to set up his kingdom

b) The Christ of God is now ruling in his throne with a new name

c) The kingdoms of the world is gradually changing. We are in what I call Police action. All the institutions of men are gradually failing.

d) We are already in the new heaven and new earth

e) Babylon is on the way down, not fallen but going down steadily

f) The plagues are with us; Vaious illnesses, famines, earthquakes etc

d) The 666 is in control. It represents all religions and institutions of man - they are vicious and control every facet of life and business on earth

e) Armagedon war is on spiritually, but would also happen physically

f) The time of tribulations has started

g) Terrorism predicted has happened do you know the verse?

Old 06-03-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
g) Terrorism predicted has happened do you know the verse?
You've adopted the Paul the Apostle style of posting - drifting stealth like between the natural and the spiritual.

So, are you refering to the "wars and rumors of wars" in the natural, or the warring against the law of mind (Rom 7), or the infamous "wrestle not" of Eph 6?

Old 06-03-2010, 04:41 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,401,239 times
Quote:
And certainly that is true, for He has said it is "each in his own order"; but the truth of Revelation will dawn on the elect - for they are the ones (carrying Him) that creation is longing to see. (again citing Rom 8:19)

Shall we discuss who these elect are? Paul referred to them as bondservants - literally slaves to the Lord Jesus. Rom 6:16-22 tells us we are either in bondage to sin, or unto God. But this new slavery is now a beautiful relationship to a Master that loves us dearly!

Exodus 21 gives us a beautiful glimpse into God's desire for us, as it was first given to the children of Israel in the natural realm. Here's Eby's commentary on it:

The "boring of the ear with an awl to a doorpost" is a pretty clear picture of God having our spiritual ear tuned to the Door - My sheep know my voice.
I'll have to start reading more of Eby. I am in the middle of a billion books, so I get things mixed up a bit these days.

I have the Andrew Jukes book on the restitution. What else should I read right now? I am somewhat new to UR, so I don't understand exactly what you guys are talking about sometimes.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I'll have to start reading more of Eby. I am in the middle of a billion books, so I get things mixed up a bit these days.

I have the Andrew Jukes book on the restitution. What else should I read right now? I am somewhat new to UR, so I don't understand exactly what you guys are talking about sometimes.
Be prepared to set aside all preconceived illustrations, and keep the Father's heart before you - it's the ride of a lifetime.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:06 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,401,239 times
Quote:
Be prepared to set aside all preconceived illustrations, and keep the Father's heart before you - it's the ride of a lifetime.

I just re-read the Eby snippets you posted. Wow. How does tradition miss all of this???? I never heard this stuff before. Beautiful......

Old 06-04-2010, 03:03 PM

There's an Eastern saying that goes like this: "When the sage points to the moon, all the idiot sees is the finger." My apologies to all the literalists, but here's where you cease to exist:

We’re learning that as far as the heavens are above the earth, so far does the understanding imparted by the spirit of the Word transcend the understanding gleaned from the letter of the Word. The letter is merely an indication or sign pointing to the reality, not the reality itself. One must go far beyond the letter (the finger) and experience the reality in the spirit (the moon) if he is to know truth.

If we involve ourselves only with the letter of the Word, we will soon be quagmired in external applications and surface interpretations devoid of any spiritual significance in our lives. But if we are attuned to the spirit of the Word, then God Himself becomes known to us as the inward nature, life, power, wisdom and truth that enable us to walk as the revelation of Christ in the earth. Nowhere is this truer than when we come to the book of Revelation, for it is written in code. If we try to literalize the book with the understanding of the carnal mind, we will have an incredible horror show on our hands - and we’ll miss the reality of what the Spirit is saying altogether.

Early in the book we meet a lamb. Even the literalists have enough sense to understand that the lamb is not a four-legged woolly little creature romping through the pasture. We could preach on the "lamb" of God in any church in America and everyone would agree that this lamb is not a barnyard animal, but...

What is amazing is that they use an altogether different rule of interpretation on almost everything else in the book of Revelation. They spiritualize what they like and literalize what they don’t understand.

Preachers have been preaching from the book of Revelation for centuries, identifying the lamb as a symbol for the man Christ Jesus who came to die for our sins, then proceed to assert that the throne of God is a seat somewhere out beyond the Milky Way that actually has a rainbow around it; the mark of the beast is an actual imprint on people’s foreheads; the blood flowing up to the horse’s bridles is literally going to happen over in the valley of Megiddo; and the New Jerusalem is a huge monstrosity that will one day come floating down out of the sky and land on the earth like a bump on a little boy’s head!

We must cease to be so spiritually lazy as to simply read the written word and ignore the Spirit's cry of "He who hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith" - and ask the Lord to cleanse us of the doctrines of men.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:06 PM

So what are the symbols? Numbers like three and seven always mean completeness or perfection. In the scriptures the word "mountain" often symbolizes a kingdom. By the letter of the word it can mean an external kingdom, but by the spirit of the word it indicates an internal stronghold or kingdom in our life. When John spoke about a mountain in the Revelation, those who knew the scriptures and were spiritually minded understood what he meant: "Speak to this mountain (kingdom, stronghold in our life) and it shall be removed."

The disciples of Christ were familiar with the use of the trumpet to herald important proclamations and events, so when they read, "I, John, was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet," they knew that God was going to speak and reveal an important message to His people, or announce a new and significant move of His purpose in the earth.

We must pass beyond the signs in order to get to the message of the Spirit! The Lamb has seven horns — not literal horns, of course — for the horns are mere figures representing the seven-fold spirit of power and life which emanates from the mind and nature of the Lamb.

Consider this: The "dead" who "stand" before God and are "judged" out of the "books" are not the physically dead in the outward cemeteries, nor are the books such as you have in your library. If the "Lamb" who opens the "book" in chapter five is not a four-legged lamb, it should not be difficult for anyone to understand that the "book" is not a traditional book. If that "book" is one of the Revelation’s wonderful symbols, does it not follow that the "books" in chapter twenty are likewise word-pictures in the form of symbols?

The religious commentaries that have been written on this book will avail you nothing, for they have been written as an attempt of the natural mind to decipher the meanings of the symbols rather than discovering the language of the Spirit and understanding out of the realm of the Spirit.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:41 PM

37,791 posts, read 25,486,178 times
Quote:
There's an Eastern saying that goes like this: "When the sage points to the moon, all the idiot sees is the finger." My apologies to all the literalists, but here's where you cease to exist:

We’re learning that as far as the heavens are above the earth, so far does the understanding imparted by the spirit of the Word transcend the understanding gleaned from the letter of the Word. The letter is merely an indication or sign pointing to the reality, not the reality itself. One must go far beyond the letter (the finger) and experience the reality in the spirit (the moon) if he is to know truth.

If we involve ourselves only with the letter of the Word, we will soon be quagmired in external applications and surface interpretations devoid of any spiritual significance in our lives. But if we are attuned to the spirit of the Word, then God Himself becomes known to us as the inward nature, life, power, wisdom and truth that enable us to walk as the revelation of Christ in the earth. Nowhere is this truer than when we come to the book of Revelation, for it is written in code. If we try to literalize the book with the understanding of the carnal mind, we will have an incredible horror show on our hands - and we’ll miss the reality of what the Spirit is saying altogether.

Early in the book we meet a lamb. Even the literalists have enough sense to understand that the lamb is not a four-legged woolly little creature romping through the pasture. We could preach on the "lamb" of God in any church in America and everyone would agree that this lamb is not a barnyard animal, but...

What is amazing is that they use an altogether different rule of interpretation on almost everything else in the book of Revelation. They spiritualize what they like and literalize what they don’t understand.

Preachers have been preaching from the book of Revelation for centuries, identifying the lamb as a symbol for the man Christ Jesus who came to die for our sins, then proceed to assert that the throne of God is a seat somewhere out beyond the Milky Way that actually has a rainbow around it; the mark of the beast is an actual imprint on people’s foreheads; the blood flowing up to the horse’s bridles is literally going to happen over in the valley of Megiddo; and the New Jerusalem is a huge monstrosity that will one day come floating down out of the sky and land on the earth like a bump on a little boy’s head!

We must cease to be so spiritually lazy as to simply read the written word and ignore the Spirit's cry of "He who hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith" - and ask the Lord to cleanse us of the doctrines of men.
You are truly inspired and on fire for the Lord, little elmer . . . if only the SPIRITUAL import was recognized as the true purpose of scripture so many abominable precepts and doctrines of men would be eliminated. Preach on, brother!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or