U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 04:43 AM

910 posts, read 1,046,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
In the short term, it may seem to prevail; but remember that He who kills also makes alive - while the storm causes great trebling, the results are the peaceable fruits of righteousness.
Indeed Elmer, it seems that the ultimate plan of God is to establish his own rule and kingdom on earth and to end the rule of man (666). We are experiencing the police action right now. Expect more disasters and catastrophes as time goes on. The strong man cannot be overrun except you bind his hands and legs! To achieve that all current world kingdoms will self destruct. So all events lead to the end result. Merry Xtmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 05:30 AM

7,544 posts, read 11,573,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Indeed Elmer, it seems that the ultimate plan of God is to establish his own rule and kingdom on earth and to end the rule of man (666). We are experiencing the police action right now. Expect more disasters and catastrophes as time goes on. The strong man cannot be overrun except you bind his hands and legs! To achieve that all current world kingdoms will self destruct. So all events lead to the end result. Merry Xtmas.
Failed rep attempt - Merry Christmas.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:41 AM

10,193 posts, read 10,579,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Good explanation, elmer.

Maybe it's just me. Let's put aside the questionable details of its authorship and its purpose for coming about. Let's just say for a second it was written for all generations. Two questions:

1. Is it really necessary to write something for God's people that is nearly impossible to understand?

2. If it is not impossible to understand, then why are there literally a thousand different interpretations out there? Who's right? van Impe will tell you he is. Lindsey will tell you the same. But then they have a financial stake in you believing they are right. So I ask again, whose interpretation is right?

Now please don't go philosophical on me and respond, "The Holy Spirit's interpretation is right." Because my next question is, "Well then why is the HS giving a thousand different interpretations to a thousand different people"?

Let's get that far, providing someone cares to answer my befuddled query.
I was reading through this thread and I stumbled onto my post. I was dumbfounded that I intruded on your discussion. I recognize my words but I do not remember posting this. I sincerely apologize for interrupting.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:14 PM

17,890 posts, read 8,927,943 times
Personally, I am enjoying listening to the voice within others.
Until the whole house has been illuminated; one room at a time.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:57 AM

503 posts, read 746,756 times
I definately don't want this thread to be hijacked into a discussion on Eby, but I would like to encourage caution as I think Eby teaches that all men will be saved, which is quite blasphemous. Correct me if I'm wrong regarding Eby's beliefs.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveatgso View Post
I definately don't want this thread to be hijacked into a discussion on Eby, but I would like to encourage caution as I think Eby teaches that all men will be saved, which is quite blasphemous. Correct me if I'm wrong regarding Eby's beliefs.
Perhaps, it is your own beliefs that need correcting?

Old 12-26-2010, 05:29 PM

503 posts, read 746,756 times
Default Now it's clear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Perhaps, it is your own beliefs that need correcting?
I didn't realize when I responded to this post that this place is a UR circle jerk. Oh my. That was quite a journey into the depths of self-justification reading some of the posts on this forum. My beliefs are always subject to correction, but I don't like the taste of kool aid.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveatgso View Post
I didn't realize when I responded to this post that this place is a UR circle jerk. Oh my. That was quite a journey into the depths of self-justification reading some of the posts on this forum. My beliefs are always subject to correction, but I don't like the taste of kool aid.
Then, continue to drink your milk from the bottle, or grow up!

Old 12-28-2010, 02:22 PM

10,193 posts, read 10,579,200 times
Please continue your interpretation of Revelation. Perhaps I will stumble onto some truths that will reform my opinions of this controversial book. I am finding the conversation quite fascinating.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:37 PM

25,084 posts, read 13,932,504 times
It is a blessing to read the book of Revelation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or