U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,472 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Reputation: 9405

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Say the FBI needed a witness so they deceived a man into doing bad things to catch the more bad-guy to be caught... does the man then have to pay for those crimes?
Law enforcement do deceive people to commit crimes. Ever heard of hooker decoys, and drug pusher decoys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:21 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Satan is allowed to roam around and deceive people, and when he succeeds, those people will end up in hell.

Sifting Grain is a good thing.

Lk 22:31 Now the Lord said, "Simon, Simon, lo! Satan claims you men, to sift you as grain.


But then again.


Re 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, the ancient serpent called~ Adversary and Satan, who is deceiving the whole inhabited earth. It was cast into the earth, and its messengers were cast with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:27 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Your God is weird about justice! If you are allowed to be deceived then is it right to have an eternity in hell as punishment? Say the FBI needed a witness so they deceived a man into doing bad things to catch the more bad-guy to be caught... does the man then have to pay for those crimes?

Surely this wouldn't be a normal situation but maybe you can see that being deceived means you don't have the correct information to make a decision... we all make decisions based on what we know...How can you make a good decision with bad info? And then be punished for it as if you had all the right info?

Satan really doesn't work for ETers.... It's just a scapegoat for all the wrongs humans commit of their on volition. IMO


Law enforcement don't actually decieve anyone into comitting a crime, law enforment simply puts in place officers to bait people who either would have or already have done the crimes, but no one was around to catch them.

That is not actually the true cause of someone comitting a crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,384,960 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Law enforcement don't actually decieve anyone into comitting a crime, law enforment simply puts in place officers to bait people who either would have or already have done the crimes, but no one was around to catch them.

That is not actually the true cause of someone comitting a crime.
Yeah... the analogy sucked... my point was that if you are deceived how can you be expected to make an informed and good decision... LOL I knew I shouldn't have mentioned law enforcement! I have nothing against their methods (which work wonderfully with criminals but not so well with non-criminals).

Sorry all for the bad analogy... it still begs the question of who should be punished... Satan or humans... if satan is going against God then satan should be punished... right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 11:00 AM
 
Location: RV Park
7,543 posts, read 11,550,724 times
Reputation: 4461
The object of Satan's appetite is the nature of Adam - or carnal nature. That's what it means that God created Him to destroy - the target is the same as God's wrath.

The serpent was sentenced to crawling on his belly in the dust- again, he's stuck in the lower sphere of humanity, the dust of man -essentially Satan is one with man, the energy force of human nature, the spirit of the carnal mind, slithering about in the lowest realms of man's earthiness, in the crooked thoughts, perverted desires, depraved emotions, in the illusions and delusions of the outer world of appearances, and in all the corrupt motions of the flesh. We then understand what it means that he is the god of this world.

To rise with Christ above the carnal mindset is to rid oneself of his domain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,472 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Reputation: 9405
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Sorry all for the bad analogy... it still begs the question of who should be punished... Satan or humans... if satan is going against God then satan should be punished... right?
He will be punished, but he's is taking a lot of people down with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 12:00 PM
 
37,490 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Reputation: 5854
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The object of Satan's appetite is the nature of Adam - or carnal nature. That's what it means that God created Him to destroy - the target is the same as God's wrath.

The serpent was sentenced to crawling on his belly in the dust- again, he's stuck in the lower sphere of humanity, the dust of man -essentially Satan is one with man, the energy force of human nature, the spirit of the carnal mind, slithering about in the lowest realms of man's earthiness, in the crooked thoughts, perverted desires, depraved emotions, in the illusions and delusions of the outer world of appearances, and in all the corrupt motions of the flesh. We then understand what it means that he is the god of this world.

To rise with Christ above the carnal mindset is to rid oneself of his domain.
I have watched a continual evolution of enlightenment and spiritual maturity in your posts, little elmer . . . Praise God and our Lord Jesus Christ. Your brother in Christ's love, Mystic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 12:24 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,720,734 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
You can keep your world systems, I believe the Bible and NO it does NOT support that hell is not eternal separation from God.
Then how do you explain Psalm 139:8? If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.

Can you show a scripture that says hell is eternal separation from God? Do you even know what hell means in this verse? It means the grave. Do you know what hell means in other verses?

Last edited by Bright Hope for Tomorrow; 06-03-2010 at 12:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Germany
1,647 posts, read 1,706,819 times
Reputation: 842
Quote:
Satan is allowed to roam around and deceive people, and when he succeeds, those people will end up in hell.
sounds pretty cynical to me, nothing that a good or loving God would endorse or allow; reminds me to the Quran and Allah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 12:32 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,472 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Reputation: 9405
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
sounds pretty cynical to me, nothing that a good or loving God would endorse or allow; reminds me to the Quran and Allah
Maybe you are more familiar with Quran, but Peter (in the Bible) tells us, "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."[1 Peter 5:8]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top