U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 09:52 PM

5,738 posts, read 4,585,628 times

Advertisements

The religious carnal mind is a slave to fear and confusion.

HE is not the AUTHOR of confusion.

If the Son sets you free... you will be free indeed.

Those who have been freed... know that GOD IS LOVE.
There is no going back to the chains and shackles.
No going back to the blindness, the darkness, the hypocrisy.

His yoke is easy and His burden light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 10:04 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,722,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What a bunch of crock. Like you said: Just what do you think forced Jesus to endure the humiliation, the cross and it's shame....because he felt like it? Like I said before, if UR is true, then Jesus wouldn't have had to plead:

"everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will." Mark 14:36

Sounds like this question:

Acts 16:30
He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

The possible choices:
  1. UR's answer:
  2. Jesus'\God's \the truthful answer:
    • "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household." Acts 16:31
    • "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.Mark 16:16
    • "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."John 3:36

I do understand UR quite well. UR theology is a stumbling block the same way the Satan (the Devil, the great deceiver) used Peter to oppose Jesus

Matthew 16:23
Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

Can't you even post something without contradicting yourself ^^^^ compare with vvvvv........which is it?

Matthew 16:23
Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."
First of all, I forgot I was addressing my post to someone who believes baptism saves, or maybe I would have not bothered, since you are that far away from believing Jesus' sacrifice was sufficient for the salvation of mankind. To answer your question, "Just what do you think forced Jesus to endure the humiliation, the cross and it's shame....because he felt like it?" my answer is "LOVE!"

You said, "if UR is true, then Jesus wouldn't have had to plead:

"everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will." Mark 14:36"

I have no idea how that goes against UR.

If baptism were a requirement for salvation, Jesus wouldn't have said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." He would have said, "Father, forgive them if they are baptized."

As far as any contradiction, that's ridiculous. It's obvious that I was saying there were no absolutes in the 33,000 different denominations. UR is not one of those. UR is not a denomination. It's a belief in the true nature of God.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:38 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,569,640 times
Quote:
Thank INLC.
Satan has always said this to humanity (in effect), "God isn't serious about sin\unbelief. He isn't going to carry out his threat, physical death and not to mention eternal seperation....He gives them no choice but to burn forever with no chance of escape, ahhhh don't believe it."
Not going to carry out His threat huh? Well guess what? Death by the 100s of 1000s is a reality every day! Eternal torment? Not so much...

Old 06-05-2010, 12:05 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,382,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Not going to carry out His threat huh? Well guess what? Death by the 100s of 1000s is a reality every day! Eternal torment? Not so much...

Old 06-05-2010, 09:54 AM

30,223 posts, read 19,991,820 times
Quote:
Thank INLC.
Satan has always said this to humanity (in effect), "God isn't serious about sin\unbelief. He isn't going to carry out his threat, physical death and not to mention eternal seperation....He gives them no choice but to burn forever with no chance of escape, ahhhh don't believe it."
So what you are saying is God punishes twice for the same crime . Where does it say this in the scripture.

If this is justice in your eyes , then the justice system of this world is more just than God's, and i would hate the thought that i am unknowingly saying this .

Old 06-05-2010, 11:25 AM

11,825 posts, read 9,818,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So what you are saying is God punishes twice for the same crime . Where does it say this in the scripture.

If this is justice in your eyes , then the justice system of this world is more just than God's, and i would hate the thought that i am unknowingly saying this .
When God said:
".... for when you eat of it you will surely die." Genesis 2:17

two death curses occured:
  • Physical (Human and all other non-human physical created things)
  • Spiritual
    • Matthew 10:28
      Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
    • Matthew 8:22
      "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead."
    • Luke 15:24 (the prodical son)
      'For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.'
Matthew 8:22 and Matthew 9:24 Jesus speaks of the two different dead situations of deceased people
  • "let the dead" [the spirtually dead]
  • bury their own dead." [the physical body of the spirtually dead]
However a beliver who is dead physically, isn't dead.
  • "The girl is not dead but asleep."

Old 06-05-2010, 11:34 AM

13,465 posts, read 21,212,300 times
Quote:
    • "the girl is not dead but asleep."
In all due respect and without any criticism for anyone's interpretation, but I think it is possible that the girl could have been in a coma (deep sleep) and the Lord called her out (healed) her of that malady that probably was not understood in those days

Old 06-05-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
First of all, I forgot I was addressing my post to someone who believes baptism saves, or maybe I would have not bothered, since you are that far away from believing Jesus' sacrifice was sufficient for the salvation of mankind. To answer your question, "Just what do you think forced Jesus to endure the humiliation, the cross and it's shame....because he felt like it?" my answer is "LOVE!"

You said, "if UR is true, then Jesus wouldn't have had to plead:

"everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will." Mark 14:36"

I have no idea how that goes against UR.

If baptism were a requirement for salvation, Jesus wouldn't have said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." He would have said, "Father, forgive them if they are baptized."

As far as any contradiction, that's ridiculous. It's obvious that I was saying there were no absolutes in the 33,000 different denominations. UR is not one of those. UR is not a denomination. It's a belief in the true nature of God.
Romans 6:4
We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

1 Peter 3:21
and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. [Jesus]

Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved,

1 Peter 3:21
and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also... It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ

Luke 10:16
"He who listens to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

John 18:37
"Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

Baptism is necessary but not ultimately necessary

Old 06-05-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
In all due respect and without any criticism for anyone's interpretation, but I think it is possible that the girl could have been in a coma (deep sleep) and the Lord called her out (healed) her of that malady that probably was not understood in those days
I suppose if one would accept the "coma theory" if in fact that scripture is a cleverly told story, and not the actual words of God. Also the reaction of the crowd (and the fact Luke was a medical doctor) knew she was dead.

Luke 8:53
They laughed at him, knowing that she was dead.

How about the dead son in the casket in the funeral procession Luke 7:12
...another malady

How about Lazuras....another malady?

Last edited by twin.spin; 06-05-2010 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: forgot the words "coma theory"

Old 06-05-2010, 01:18 PM

3,577 posts, read 454,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Good thought Miss Blue -- What we perceive is not always true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity