U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-02-2010, 04:26 PM
 
5,441 posts, read 4,685,836 times
Reputation: 1120

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Warn people about what? They don't believe there is anything to warn people about.
That's my point. Their belief goes against what Paul was doing. When a believer delivers the whole counsel of God, there's God's love and His wrath to be preached. If sinners reject God's love, they will die in their sins; and there's a hell awaiting them.

Since Paul preached the whole counsel of God, he was free from the blood of men if they die in their sins.

Last edited by scgraham; 06-02-2010 at 04:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-02-2010, 04:27 PM
 
Location: God's Country
21,435 posts, read 29,606,904 times
Reputation: 29967
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
That's my point. Their belief goes against what Paul was doing. When a believer delivers the whole counsel of God, there's God's love and His wrath to be preached. If sinners reject God's love, they will die in their sins; and there's a hell awaiting them.

Since Paul preached the whole counsel of God, he was free from the blood of men if they die sin their sins.
Their believe goes against the entire Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 04:32 PM
 
Location: RV Park
7,544 posts, read 11,583,644 times
Reputation: 4469
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Their believe goes against the entire Bible.
Come on Carolina!

The teaching of Scripture, as to the destiny of the Human Race:

Once it's revealed to you, ET goes against the entire Bible...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,619 posts, read 32,096,873 times
Reputation: 9437
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
That's my point. Their belief goes against what Paul was doing. When a believer delivers the whole counsel of God, there's God's love and His wrath to be preached. If sinners reject God's love, they will die in their sins; and there's a hell awaiting them.
Yes, but if one does not believe there is Satan, or hell, then there is nothing to warn people about. Not only did Paul warn people of hell, but Jesus himself did too:

Matthew 13:42: "And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Matt 25:41: "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels." This passage relates to Jesus' judgment of all the world.

Mark 9:43-48: And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched." The reference to fire is repeated three more times in the passage for emphasis.

Luke 16:24: "And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame." This is a plea described as coming from an inhabitant of Hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 04:33 PM
 
3,585 posts, read 462,947 times
Reputation: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Do Universalists warn people, as Paul did, to be pure from the blood of all men? If so, what are you warning people about?

Acts 20
[26] Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.
[27] For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
[28] Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
[29] For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
[30] Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
[31] Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
Paul spoke all of the council of God - not just a part of it - it seems to me that we are to warn that there is judgment. Repeatedly those that do believe in UR say that people reap what they sow and repeatedly those that oppose UR for the sake of opposing it say that we are saying that there is no judgment

What I think happens is that as humans we tend to catch on to part of Gods plan and make it into the total plan calvinism, OSAS, keep the sabbath, works, grace, preterism, futurism etc
There is judgement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 04:33 PM
 
5,441 posts, read 4,685,836 times
Reputation: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The road to destruction does not mean one is damned forever, and simply because there may not be eternal consequenses for ones actions does not make it insignificant.
Jesus' message is in harmony with Paul's -- because the message came from God.

Mark 16
[15] And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
[17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
[18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
[19] So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
[20] And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

This is why Paul warned men! Damnation awaits sinners. We must repent and be obedient to the LORD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 04:36 PM
 
Location: RV Park
7,544 posts, read 11,583,644 times
Reputation: 4469
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
What I think happens is that as humans we tend to catch on to part of Gods plan and make it into the total plan calvinism, OSAS, keep the sabbath, works, grace, preterism, futurism etc
Everyone on both sides should read that, slowly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,619 posts, read 32,096,873 times
Reputation: 9437
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
we are to warn that there is judgment. Repeatedly those that do believe in UR say that people reap what they sow
So, what kind of punishment are you talking about?

PS I have never heard of URs warn anyone of anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 04:41 PM
 
5,441 posts, read 4,685,836 times
Reputation: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, but if one does not believe there is Satan, or hell, then there is nothing to warn people about.
They don't believe in Satan either?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not only did Paul warn people of hell, but Jesus himself did too:

Matthew 13:42: "And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Matt 25:41: "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels." This passage relates to Jesus' judgment of all the world.

Mark 9:43-48: And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched." The reference to fire is repeated three more times in the passage for emphasis.

Luke 16:24: "And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame." This is a plea described as coming from an inhabitant of Hell.
Yes, Jesus warned about hell and damnation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 04:42 PM
 
Location: God's Country
21,435 posts, read 29,606,904 times
Reputation: 29967
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Come on Carolina!

The teaching of Scripture, as to the destiny of the Human Race:

Once it's revealed to you, ET goes against the entire Bible...
Scripture does not support the UR belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top