U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 05:17 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,108,802 times

Advertisements

Christendom traditionally tells us that the "sheep" and "goats" that Jesus will judge are individual persons, people like you and I. But is this the correct understanding of this parable?
We read that Jesus, during his ministry in the flesh as one person, spoke to people through parables only. This was to ensure that they would not understand his speech.
Today, when we read his parables, we are not able to understand his speech until something "beneath" the parable is given to us through revelation. Otherwise, we can understand no more than what the Jews understood when Jesus was standing in front of them.

Look at the parable in question:
Matt. 25:
31"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

Jesus is on His throne. This, to my understanding today, is the heart of man.
He is judging NATIONS. Not people, NATIONS. In fact, the King talks as one who is defending His people, great and small, from the "nations."

Now we see that some "nations" will go into eternal life. Do you know of any countries today who are so holy? Is the USA going to heaven? What about Canada? Or Zimbabwe? And China?

Conversely, which "nations" are going into everlasting (not eternal) punishment? The United Nations? Russia? The USA?
Why does He say that the everlasting fire is prepared for "the devil and his angels," and not also for the "wicked nations?"

------

Jesus said: "Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof."

What "nation" today is bringing forth the fruits of the Kingdom??

It is not USA, my friends! So where is it?

Perhaps God looks in the heart of man, and sees "nations" there, whether good or bad??

Blessings to all here,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 09:24 AM

7,543 posts, read 11,554,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Good observation - with that in mind, the bible then becomes a personal message to us individually.

The more the spirit of revelation unfolds the truth, the more we see God's judgments in proper perspective, that they are corrective in nature and used to bring forth a state of rightness in the earth. They shall not be executed in unholy vengeance, for mercy and grace shall balance the score. Judgments are desperately needed, but they are ever tempered with mercy, and when they have fulfilled their purpose, the judgments end, and the whole earth shall be full of His mercy, life, and glory.

Mercy recognizes the need of justice. Mercy knows that every mountain and hill must be brought low, but mercy is there to fill up the valley once the subduing has taken place. As the Psalmist wrote, "Justice and judgment are the habitation of Thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before Thy face" (Ps. 89:14). And again, "I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto Thee, O Lord, will I sing" (Ps. 101:1).

This is the two-fold ministry of the sons of God: Judgment and mercy. On the one hand they shall exhibit His surpassing grace, while on the other hand, they shall bring judgment in the earth.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:58 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,380,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Christendom traditionally tells us that the "sheep" and "goats" that Jesus will judge are individual persons, people like you and I. But is this the correct understanding of this parable?
We read that Jesus, during his ministry in the flesh as one person, spoke to people through parables only. This was to ensure that they would not understand his speech.
Today, when we read his parables, we are not able to understand his speech until something "beneath" the parable is given to us through revelation. Otherwise, we can understand no more than what the Jews understood when Jesus was standing in front of them.

Look at the parable in question:
Matt. 25:
31"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

He is judging NATIONS. Not people, NATIONS. In fact, the King talks as one who is defending His people, great and small, from the "nations."

Now we see that some "nations" will go into eternal life. Do you know of any countries today who are so holy? Is the USA going to heaven? What about Canada? Or Zimbabwe? And China?

Conversely, which "nations" are going into everlasting (not eternal) punishment? The United Nations? Russia? The USA?
Why does He say that the everlasting fire is prepared for "the devil and his angels," and not also for the "wicked nations?"

------

Jesus said: "Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof."

What "nation" today is bringing forth the fruits of the Kingdom??

It is not USA, my friends! So where is it?

Perhaps God looks in the heart of man, and sees "nations" there, whether good or bad??

Blessings to all here,
brian

Hmmm......Where are you going exactly with the last sentence? I'm not sure I understand the direction you are headed in.......

Old 06-03-2010, 05:45 PM

7,859 posts, read 6,664,436 times
There are diffrent types of Nations, some are political, some are tribes, some are family groups, nations within nation like native nations, and even any man Joe down the street who has a group of friends that stick together or isolated them selves within other nations ,,,,, Like Abraham had a nation and was a father of many nations, in Genesis 21 ;13 `` And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation necause he is thy seed`` Ishmael Abraham son was given a nation By the Lord God......Lord Jesus is the Judge for the Heaven and the earth and will Judge all on the Last day,,,, and will judge all the nations of the earth and will Judge all believers who prayed for, or Did not Pray for their nation in their temporal life here on the earth.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or