U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 01:44 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,732,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I don't think what you were involved in was even Christianity; it sounds more like a controlling cult. This is why I am so against works and prophecy based denominations, they are all about emotion, once the emotion ends you are left with nothing.

You should check out this book, it will give you a lot of history about why most churches are so screwed up today.

[SIZE=3]http://www.amazon.com/Putting-Amazing-Back-into-Grace/dp/0801064007/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275587567&sr=1-1[/SIZE]
It was Christianity. Probably not your idea of it but it was. Remember, I did leave that 'controlling cult' for something more serene like the Brooklyn tabernacle and Calvary Chapel (Ft. Lauderdale). No one would ever confuse either of those churches as 'controlling cults.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 01:46 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,698,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
He says he's not a Christian and that's a good thing?! You are more deceived than I realized.
You have to see deeper than your religious cliches if you wish to understand what I am talking about.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:19 PM

1,220 posts, read 742,820 times
Default The Truth

The so-called "rapture" is a racket...the very idea presupposes that Yeshua, who was seen ascending up into the heavens, will secretly come without making a sound, and catch away a select group which suppose themselves worthy of such a mysterious gathering they think is the "second coming," and then return with Yeshua for a very noisy "third coming!" Like the sermon that the serpent gave to Eve, the "rapture" is the daughter of the same...both deny the Cross of Salvation.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:25 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,391,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
The so-called "rapture" is a racket...the very idea presupposes that Yeshua, who was seen ascending up into the heavens, will secretly come without making a sound, and catch away a select group which suppose themselves worthy of such a mysterious gathering they think is the "second coming," and then return with Yeshua for a very noisy "third coming!" Like the sermon that the serpent gave to Eve, the "rapture" is the daughter of the same...both deny the Cross of Salvation.

Noisy third coming......Lol

We all have to ENDURE! Persevere! That kind of thing. Not a problem if you have the winning team on your side and are well-grounded.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:06 PM

7,791 posts, read 10,473,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post

NOTE: Mods, please back away from the button. I don't mind at all. I really don't.

"THE BUTTON."

Wow. For a moment there, June almost felt, well....like a world political leader in charge of pressing the nuke 'button.'

Ain't false empowerment grand?

Old 06-03-2010, 11:32 PM

Default The Truth

Well hello, caught up romantic hairy footed little man..."Then the angel that talked with me went forth, and said unto me,Lift up now thine eyes, and see what is this that goeth forth. And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth. And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah." Zechariah 5:5-7...the Word of The Eternal continues to describe how two women with the wings of a stork flew with this proverbial Pandoras box and set it upon a base, in a house, in the land of shinar, and that it was established. The point is, this woman in the box is the same that beguiled Eve, and is the same that is deluding millions into being raptured by its lies. Try not to get caught up over he/she...its still haylel...which is where the term "hell on earth" comes from.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:36 AM

Default The Truth

Insane, The Eternal is blessing you friend...just be patient waiting on Yeshua, for there will be a great falling away, not from the truth, but from the lie.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:29 AM

6,652 posts, read 7,146,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
It was Christianity. Probably not your idea of it but it was. Remember, I did leave that 'controlling cult' for something more serene like the Brooklyn tabernacle and Calvary Chapel (Ft. Lauderdale). No one would ever confuse either of those churches as 'controlling cults.'

Not controlling but Calvary is a cult of personality. I am not a fan of Smith's theology or his prophecies that didn't happen.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:16 PM

Default The Truth

Indeed hilgi,
Calvary Chapel(s) are for certain, personality cults whose pastors knowingly, or unwittingly continue the lies of the adversary, as it were "in perpetuity"...such as the so-called "rapture". Nevertheless, there shall be a great falling away from the lies, and that "man" of sin will be revealed. It's not a question of if, but when? How long will America falter between two opinions? If you believe Yeshua Messiac was crucified, and is risen from the dead, then receive the truth...but if you believe in this so-called rapture, then receive the lie of many anti-christs who by reason of this their folly deny the truth of The Cross of Salvation...similar to those who say the extermination of the children of Israel at the hands of Nazi Germany never happened. Nevertheless, The Blessings of The Eternal upon you "Insane"...

Old 06-05-2010, 01:47 PM

6,652 posts, read 7,146,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Indeed hilgi,
Calvary Chapel(s) are for certain, personality cults whose pastors knowingly, or unwittingly continue the lies of the adversary, as it were "in perpetuity"...such as the so-called "rapture". Nevertheless, there shall be a great falling away from the lies, and that "man" of sin will be revealed. It's not a question of if, but when? How long will America falter between two opinions? If you believe Yeshua Messiac was crucified, and is risen from the dead, then receive the truth...but if you believe in this so-called rapture, then receive the lie of many anti-christs who by reason of this their folly deny the truth of The Cross of Salvation...similar to those who say the extermination of the children of Israel at the hands of Nazi Germany never happened. Nevertheless, The Blessings of The Eternal upon you "Insane"...
Fear is a good motivator, in my youth my Christian schools used to show us the original "Thief in the Night" series, it was very motivating to see people miss the rapture and face the guillotine. I only wish they would have preached the gospel instead, it would have saved me and others a lot of confusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or