U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 05:09 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,432,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm with that idea Brian. There's too much bitterness and hatred going on in these forums lately. I am guilty of spreading it with my horrible temper! In my mind, I think I am defending Christ, but sometimes I take it too far. Well the lessons we learn in life.

I have to tell you the last time I was suspended and came back, all I did was show positivity. I was a little sarcastic with the atheist and it was quite fun because I never fought with anyone and they never had anything too bad to say back. And I felt good. Then after awhile, things just took a turn and I found myself getting angrier and angrier as time went on. And I lost control. That is why I am so in tune right now with spreading the love of JC and just rejoicing in what God has gave me. I'm alive, I'm healthy, I'm living good. There's so much to be thankful for. And sometimes I wonder how do I get myself to that breaking point?
I admire you honesty allenk893...it's good that we as christian should also be humble enough to look back and SEE where we erred...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Yes, debating is in fact something that scripture warns against. And to not be consumed one of another.
So we just rest today knowing that if the Lord said it, He will do it. And that Love is greater than faith. I believe this means that even those who haven't received any gift of faith (and I know a few personally!) will understand and be converted when they return to the Creator. It will all become so clear. How much we should've loved. How much we should've loved HIM. How much He loves us. It has to be the most special experience of man, to be reconciled with his Creator after living a life of much suffering on this earth.
Blessings!
brian
Exchanging ideas without injecting ones view of the creator is good for spiritual growth, but insisting on one's doctrine hinders the relationship between God's people...thus promoting contention. We are ALL seekers of "His TRUTH" and given the discernment according to how we can relate...i.e., to the simple; God speaks of simple things, and to the scientist; He speaks of things that pertain to his omniscient nature...

Yet... ALL is about his LOVE for the created things and his redemption of the sin of mankind.

May we continue to "TRULY LOVE GOD AND OUR NEIGHBOR AS WE LOVE OURSELVES...

Blessings...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 04:42 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,130,233 times
Hi guys (and gals!) and thanks for your perspectives. Hearing from you all is always good for seeing the "bigger picture!"

I was looking at this part tonight: "Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking."
Did you hear that? God, who is Love, is not self-seeking! He isn't interested in "being right." He wants to dialogue with us, reasoning together, to justify us.

So part of our walk as Christians means not insisting on having things "our way." Letting others have their way, too.
I personally don't think God is one who likes to argue. I think He is always on our side, always there to hold us, every step of the way. Even the sparrows who fall are not left alone!!! How much more does He hold every one of us in His hands, ALWAYS!

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-06-2010, 04:42 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,146,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi all,
I'm feeling the need to keep preaching Love, because God is Love.

The Amplified Bible says: "It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong]."

Now resentment is defined in Webster's Dictionary as: "a feeling of indignant displeasure or persistent ill will at something regarded as a wrong, insult, or injury."
In english we say that someone who is "resentful" keeps bringing up the wrong(s) done to him/her, and is not able therefore to Love.
Just look at the Middle East crisis and you will see resentment on both sides.

God is Love. And God's love is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
The fruits of the Spirit are love, peace, joy, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance. God is gentle folks! And He doesn't hold grudges. It's not in His nature.
He is full of Joy and Peace, bringing the message of peace and goodwill towards men.
He gives us faith to believe; hope to continue, and Love to Overcome!

Blessings to all here,
brian
And when we let go and let God and be the Love we were created for, we will see peace in the world. I am so blessed that God has given His love to me. Each day It grows in my soul and what was once darkness, is now light so that I may shine my own light so that others may seek It out.

God IS Love and so much more. We cannot even begin to fathom the Love He has for each of us. Believers, nonbelievers, those who choose a path that fits their own soul condition, those who meditate and those who choose the long road, even the most vilest of souls. He loves each of us exactly the same.

When we all wake up to the realization that we are not even close to our own perfection, we can then know how to help each other instead of hinder each other. We are here to learn and experience. What better way than to just dive in and see where life takes us.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:41 AM

823 posts, read 1,085,146 times
As you seek to love God beyond all things, you will see the Love that He has for all His children. You will see what His Will is for you, and you will consequently inspire others to recognize what God's Will is for them.

The Father's Love, when it takes possession of us, has the power to purify and change our hearts, making us like the Father in Love and happiness and harmony. This, I have found, is an ongoing process. How could anyone say No to a glorious fulfillment like this?

It absolutely does not matter how you interpret scripture - if you pray to God for his Love earnestly, all else will simply fall into place

Last edited by SisterKat; 06-07-2010 at 02:42 AM.. Reason: Font

Old 06-09-2010, 02:50 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,432,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
As you seek to love God beyond all things, you will see the Love that He has for all His children. You will see what His Will is for you, and you will consequently inspire others to recognize what God's Will is for them.

The Father's Love, when it takes possession of us, has the power to purify and change our hearts, making us like the Father in Love and happiness and harmony. This, I have found, is an ongoing process. How could anyone say No to a glorious fulfillment like this?

It absolutely does not matter how you interpret scripture - if you pray to God for his Love earnestly, all else will simply fall into place
Amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or