U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2010, 04:55 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,112,960 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I'm feeling the need to keep preaching Love, because God is Love.

The Amplified Bible says: "It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong]."

Now resentment is defined in Webster's Dictionary as: "a feeling of indignant displeasure or persistent ill will at something regarded as a wrong, insult, or injury."
In english we say that someone who is "resentful" keeps bringing up the wrong(s) done to him/her, and is not able therefore to Love.
Just look at the Middle East crisis and you will see resentment on both sides.

God is Love. And God's love is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
The fruits of the Spirit are love, peace, joy, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance. God is gentle folks! And He doesn't hold grudges. It's not in His nature.
He is full of Joy and Peace, bringing the message of peace and goodwill towards men.
He gives us faith to believe; hope to continue, and Love to Overcome!

Blessings to all here,
brian
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 07:21 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,573,971 times
♥(`'.(`'.*♥♥*.'). ' )♥
♥♥(`':...Jesus Loves U...' )♥♥
(_.'(_.'*♥♥♥♥*`'._
)`' ._)

Old 06-04-2010, 08:13 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,754,755 times
Amen ahigherway!! It's so important to realize that God is love and that Jesus taught this love to be the most important commandments of all. LOVE would solve all the world's problems in a snap. We can't talk about it enough.

Matthew 22:37-40

37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'

38This is the first and greatest commandment.

39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Old 06-04-2010, 08:36 AM

5,422 posts, read 4,666,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
God is Love. And God's love is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
True, but many are either unaware of or simply deceived about the Holy Ghost. Unless one has received the initial evidence of tongues of fire, then they don't have the Holy Ghost in them. While they may have the Holy Spirit with them, He does not, however, abode inside of them. Why? Because many reject the Bible's teaching on the true baptism of the Spirit. Notice Apollos, a fervent believer in Jesus, only had John's baptism -- which is of water.

Acts 18
[24] And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.
[25] This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.
[26] And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

Apollos was probably ignorant of Jesus' baptism -- which is of fire. This is the real Holy Ghost baptism. This clearly proves that one does not have the Holy Ghost baptism upon conversion; it's usually a separate experience that has to be sought out.

Therefore, the love of God cannot be shed abroad in our hearts to any great extent because the Comforter does not reside on the inside.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:56 AM

6,232 posts, read 9,524,093 times
I'm with that idea Brian. There's too much bitterness and hatred going on in these forums lately. I am guilty of spreading it with my horrible temper! In my mind, I think I am defending Christ, but sometimes I take it too far. Well the lessons we learn in life.

I have to tell you the last time I was suspended and came back, all I did was show positivity. I was a little sarcastic with the atheist and it was quite fun because I never fought with anyone and they never had anything too bad to say back. And I felt good. Then after awhile, things just took a turn and I found myself getting angrier and angrier as time went on. And I lost control. That is why I am so in tune right now with spreading the love of JC and just rejoicing in what God has gave me. I'm alive, I'm healthy, I'm living good. There's so much to be thankful for. And sometimes I wonder how do I get myself to that breaking point?

Old 06-04-2010, 10:25 AM

139 posts, read 165,769 times

Old 06-04-2010, 02:48 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,112,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm with that idea Brian. There's too much bitterness and hatred going on in these forums lately. I am guilty of spreading it with my horrible temper! In my mind, I think I am defending Christ, but sometimes I take it too far. Well the lessons we learn in life.

I have to tell you the last time I was suspended and came back, all I did was show positivity. I was a little sarcastic with the atheist and it was quite fun because I never fought with anyone and they never had anything too bad to say back. And I felt good. Then after awhile, things just took a turn and I found myself getting angrier and angrier as time went on. And I lost control. That is why I am so in tune right now with spreading the love of JC and just rejoicing in what God has gave me. I'm alive, I'm healthy, I'm living good. There's so much to be thankful for. And sometimes I wonder how do I get myself to that breaking point?
Yes, debating is in fact something that scripture warns against. And to not be consumed one of another.
So we just rest today knowing that if the Lord said it, He will do it. And that Love is greater than faith. I believe this means that even those who haven't received any gift of faith (and I know a few personally!) will understand and be converted when they return to the Creator. It will all become so clear. How much we should've loved. How much we should've loved HIM. How much He loves us. It has to be the most special experience of man, to be reconciled with his Creator after living a life of much suffering on this earth.
Blessings!
brian

Old 06-04-2010, 02:50 PM

139 posts, read 165,769 times
love love love love too all.

Let use our time to share love and grow in love

blessings

Old 06-04-2010, 03:58 PM

3,577 posts, read 455,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi all,
I'm feeling the need to keep preaching Love, because God is Love.

The Amplified Bible says: "It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong]."

Now resentment is defined in Webster's Dictionary as: "a feeling of indignant displeasure or persistent ill will at something regarded as a wrong, insult, or injury."
In english we say that someone who is "resentful" keeps bringing up the wrong(s) done to him/her, and is not able therefore to Love.
Just look at the Middle East crisis and you will see resentment on both sides.

The fruits of the Spirit are love, peace, joy, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance. God is gentle folks! And He doesn't hold grudges. It's not in His nature.
He is full of Joy and Peace, bringing the message of peace and goodwill towards men.
He gives us faith to believe; hope to continue, and Love to Overcome!

Blessings to all here,
brian
Thank you Brian -- I needed that

Old 06-04-2010, 04:17 PM

3,577 posts, read 455,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post

Allen

I think it has something to do with the carnal nature and defending your "beliefs", everyone seems to be desiring the truth (and I only want the truth) but with all of the different religious versions of truth (doctrines based on scripture) it can get to a stage of defending what you perceive and not open to seeking what is true. What are the fruit of the Spirit LOVE, joy, peace, patience,

What are the lusts/works of the flesh

Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings,
murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

It is a conundrum because we are told to witness and we are all witnessing here what we believe is true, but there are many different versions which have there basis in scripture. All of the division is not of the Spirit of God

God is love
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or