U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 12:26 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,567,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
The message.....it's about the MESSAGE people! God has always used and will continue use whom-so-ever He pleases to reach the people. Remember the donkey? It has nothing to do with Benny Hinn. Keep your eyes on the real prize. I say let HIM be Judge!!.....................................FINAL ANSWER!!
When people make a living off of desperate people and offer fake promises of "returns" (ie: miracles) for "seed faith offerings" not to mention false prophecies (ones that DON'T come to pass) I Guarantee you that Jesus would have words for these people!

In fact - if Jesus was on CD His honest posts (to these people) would probably have to be deleted as violations of terms of service.

Bad fruit and lies are EASY to judge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 12:48 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,387,998 times
This is a great one...
YouTube - Evangelists on MU Campus

Love those hell signs.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:50 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,109,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
why don't you put some pictures up of the havoc and killing from suicide bombers. Just as horrific. I have decided.
Hi Jazzymom,
(It's a video, not just a picture.)
Please don't misunderstand what I wrote. My point is that there are fundamentalist Holy Ghost preachers supporting the violence in the Middle East.

So whoever says evil cannot be in the presence of good is wrong.
Job 1:6-- Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

As Firstborn888 posted earlier, just add "in the name of Jesus" at the end of whatever you want to preach, and people will take it as "thus saith the Lord."

We need DISCERNMENT, folks. Jesus said, "LOVE your enemies," not "kill your enemies."

What I'm saying is that Christendom is SUPPORTING THE VIOLENCE, and this is especially in fundamentalist groups. (Partly because they believe a war in the middle east is necessary for Jesus to return, so for them, if they can get the fire stoked, all the better!)

Blessings to all,
brian

Old 06-07-2010, 04:11 AM

1,917 posts, read 4,226,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Hey, whatever happened to Benny Hinn and his "gift" of blowing and entire congregation/audience falls out in waves under the holy ghost? Haven't seen him do that trick in years. Now, it seems like ole Benny just settles for standing behind the lectern reading "the word" these days.
mmmm...wonder if he can "blow away" our oil leak problem?
I've always seen him as a crook.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:12 AM

6,652 posts, read 7,118,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
This is a great one...

Love those hell signs.
Wow, that is sad. That is an embarrassment to God.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:22 PM

10,183 posts, read 10,546,727 times
I smile when i think that when jan crouch was diagnosed with cancer she didn't give her good buddy, Benny, Faith Healer Extraordinaire a call. Instead she went galloping to Cedar-Sinai like her cotton-candy wig was on fire. Was Benny the Jet miffed at the slight, or did he comment, "Jan showed a lot of common sense going to Cedar-Sinai because she knows what the others do not--that when I whack people with my white jacket all that really happens is their frozen shoulder gets knocked loose." Hey, that's a miracle cure, isn't it?

Old 06-07-2010, 01:05 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,199,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
This is a great one...

Love those hell signs.

Poor people ... What a fiasco! everyone deserves to go to hell ... Except for me and everyone who believes the way I do ...

That little girl is so badly brainwashed, and that is sad. Because she seems to be pretty smart otherwise.

I lived in that town for a few months on business ... Neat town, but obviously there are crazy religious people on the prowl threatening people with everlasting torture for smoking weed! God help us ...

Reminds me of the crazy people from Westboro baptist church in Kansas that carry signs that say "God hates ****" to the funerals of soldiers who died at war.

Romans 2:24
As it is written: "God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."

Old 06-07-2010, 01:14 PM

191 posts, read 381,729 times
Here is what I know about Benny Hinn: we have 4 pages of posting and very little of it is about Jesus and what he said. So, something about Hinn makes us want to talk about him, not God. To me, that is not a good sign. When people talk about Mother Theresa they tend to talk about her work, not her as a person. To me, that is a sign of someone not interested in creating a cult of personality, but rather in getting down and dirty and getting to work.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:27 PM

232 posts, read 473,797 times
Benny Hinn did more than just build a cult of personality. He is a very successful businessman with a $10,000,000+ manse on the Pacific Coast, and reports an income of over $1,000,000 per year to the IRS.

Mother Teresa took a vow of poverty.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:24 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,297,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Poor people ... What a fiasco! everyone deserves to go to hell ... Except for me and everyone who believes the way I do ...

That little girl is so badly brainwashed, and that is sad. Because she seems to be pretty smart otherwise.

I lived in that town for a few months on business ... Neat town, but obviously there are crazy religious people on the prowl threatening people with everlasting torture for smoking weed! God help us ...

Reminds me of the crazy people from Westboro baptist church in Kansas that carry signs that say "God hates ****" to the funerals of soldiers who died at war.

Romans 2:24
As it is written: "God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."

Really all who believe exactly like you? Really???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or