U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2010, 10:19 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,234,778 times
Reputation: 837

Advertisements

[quote=Betsey Lane;14520804][quote=Verna Perry;14520762][quote=Betsey Lane;14520710]
God forbid we "wake up" their husband, or, wife, or son, daughter, nephew, brother, mother, father! Who would do such a thing? Really?[/quote]

...God forbid!!!...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-07-2010, 10:20 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,380,473 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You know what else I don't understand? That SOME "christians" don't believe that what they're now seeing, right before their very eyes, is in the bible! WOW!

Betsey, we do see. You all are missing the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2010, 10:44 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,386,559 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
LISTEN UP!

I HAVE watched these TYPES of videos YEARS and YEARS ago!

TELL ME ONE GOOD THING IT DID FOR ME! JUST ONE, and I will back off......

I will help you out and tell you what it DID NOT do for me, and that is: PRODUCE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT!

Again, something is amiss.

I am NOT saying that the world is NOT going down the toilet. It is! But, you all have missed the point.

Tell me, please, WHAT are you planning on doing about it?? (And, you have to follow Yeshua's Spirit while making your plans)

Let me know.

1. What did all that fear-mongering do for me throughout my child/adult-hood.
2. What am I supposed to do about any of this now?

Plant a garden, live in peace, turn the other cheek, love my enemies, bless those that persecute me, thank God for the day that I am given, and then die.

End.
They don't get it.... The fact that it keeps being talked about and talked against only fuels the fire that started the delusion in the first place (anyone know the term for that kind of thing?).

Self-fulfilling prophecy that is kinda reminding me of 70AD... except it really did happen then!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2010, 11:05 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,380,473 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
They don't get it.... The fact that it keeps being talked about and talked against only fuels the fire that started the delusion in the first place (anyone know the term for that kind of thing?).

Self-fulfilling prophecy that is kinda reminding me of 70AD... except it really did happen then!

YES! Thank you, katjonjj.

Bad things DO happen. THIS we ALL know!!!

Gulags, concentration camps both in Germany and the United States, WWI, WWII, Civil War, Cold War, Crusades, crumbling empires, lynchings, slavery, the rack, inquisitions, Nero, Charles Taylor, North Korea, murder, rapes, A.D. 70, A.D. 33, THE flood and floods, fires, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, GIGANTIC sinkholes (Guatemala), oil spills, explosions, cancer, planes crashes, car crashes, terrorism, and on and on and on..................

BUT!

WHAT kind of LIGHT are we supposed to be producing in this dark place?? And, it HAS been dark for a VERY long time, whether you showed up in 1950, 1050, or 2050.

Get OVER it, I say.

IT IS FINISHED!!!!

Last edited by herefornow; 06-07-2010 at 11:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2010, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma
200 posts, read 210,637 times
Reputation: 80
From a more carnal perspective, what happens when we cry wolf too many times? As I've mentioned in another thread...or was it this one?...some of the best years of my life were spent, or wasted, just waiting for the Lord to rapture my happy hind-end from this earth instead of living the life the Lord really did give to me.
I can remember the first major energy crisis, every Arab v. Jewish skirmish, every major catastrophe natural or man-made was just another indication that our time is short and to look heavenward.
30-40 years later, here we still are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 12:13 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,234,778 times
Reputation: 837
I for one will not be disuaded...no matter what you say. They're all playing a big game...they're playing us...disaster awaits us...we're the pawns...I won't go down easy....they're pitting us against one another...and the only loosers are...guess who...?...us!

So, you're all for One World Order...and you're ready to just fall in line like faceless, brainless puppets...?

Not me. I was born a fighter...God put boldness in me when He designed me...He's worked into me strength...prepared me for battle all these years for something...I won't be taken down easily.

In Christ Jesus!...In His truth!
Verna.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 06-08-2010 at 12:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 12:21 AM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,031 posts, read 2,685,420 times
Reputation: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You know what else I don't understand? That SOME "christians" don't believe that what they're now seeing, right before their very eyes, is in the bible! WOW!
!!! Wow, indeed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,380,473 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy63 View Post
From a more carnal perspective, what happens when we cry wolf too many times? As I've mentioned in another thread...or was it this one?...some of the best years of my life were spent, or wasted, just waiting for the Lord to rapture my happy hind-end from this earth instead of living the life the Lord really did give to me.
I can remember the first major energy crisis, every Arab v. Jewish skirmish, every major catastrophe natural or man-made was just another indication that our time is short and to look heavenward.
30-40 years later, here we still are.
Yes, Snuffy63. Here we are. The world will continue to spin away with all of it's maddening ways. We will die and rot in our graves. Life will go on. And someday (soon, for some us) none of this will matter anymore.

Philippians 4:8. *Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 01:45 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,380,473 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I for one will not be disuaded...no matter what you say. They're all playing a big game...they're playing us...disaster awaits us...we're the pawns...I won't go down easy....they're pitting us against one another...and the only loosers are...guess who...?...us!

So, you're all for One World Order...and you're ready to just fall in line like faceless, brainless puppets...?

Not me. I was born a fighter...God put boldness in me when He designed me...He's worked into me strength...prepared me for battle all these years for something...I won't be taken down easily.

In Christ Jesus!...In His truth!
Verna.
I am for a one world order, yes (not the one you're thinking of). One beyond any human comprehension. There will be NO United States of America when all is said and done.

Pay attention to those scriptures of yours. Yeshua, our master, was led like a
sheep to the slaughter with his mouth shut. He told us to LOVE. Apparently, he asked the impossible. But, he knew that. Thank goodness he knows you all better than you know yourselves.

Father, FORGIVE THEM!

He concludeth ALL in unbelief, and, yes, you ALL are in a state of unbelief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 03:25 AM
 
Location: East Coast
30,165 posts, read 19,971,676 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You know what else I don't understand? That SOME "christians" don't believe that what they're now seeing, right before their very eyes, is in the bible! WOW!
There's nothing new under the sun.

The religious(OT scripture quoting man) knew him not , crucified him and even in His risen state 2 men on the road to Emmaus had to have their eyes opened to recognize Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top