Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:10 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Could you please define "enlightened?"

1. to give intellectual or spiritual light to; instruct; impart knowledge to: We hope the results of our research will enlighten our colleagues.

2. Archaic. to shed light upon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 08:34 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,548,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Fear is a very important tool in the machine's bag of tricks. It works quite well.
So is apathy and naivety.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:45 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
So is apathy and naivety.
Exactly.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Betsey, America already chose sides a LONG time ago. The WHOLE country has been in a very dark place for a very long time, as has the WORLD! Right?

Don't fall for it. Keep your mind on Philippians 4:8. No problems....
Honestly, I don't think you can speak for the WHOLE country! Some of us won't be led to the slaughter without a fight! There's some who believe, some who's in denial, and some who just don't care. Don't pick my category for me. Pick your own. I know where I stand!

PS: If you don't stand for something...you'll fall for anything! Listen to your own advice eh?

Old 06-07-2010, 09:06 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Honestly, I don't think you can speak for the WHOLE country! Some of us won't be led to the slaughter without a fight! There's some who believe, some who's in denial, and some who just don't care. Don't pick my category for me. Pick your own. I know where I stand!

PS: If you don't stand for something...you'll fall for anything! Listen to your own advice eh?
AMEN Betsey!!! You tell 'em girrrrl!!!

Old 06-07-2010, 09:28 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
AMEN Betsey!!! You tell 'em girrrrl!!!

So far I've been called (in a roundabout way) a heretic, easily led, coward, apathetic, and naive.

I love you guys anyway, and I'll be praying for you. Hope you all are well. Stay grounded!

Philippians 4:8.

(AND, don't forget. I've been through all of this many times. It has happened before and it will happen again, there is nothing new under the sun, etc.)

Last edited by herefornow; 06-07-2010 at 10:34 PM..

Old 06-07-2010, 09:30 PM

723 posts, read 1,046,061 times
Quote:
So far I've been called (in a roundabout way) a heretic, easily led, coward, apathetic, and naive.

I love you guys anyway, and I'll be praying for you. Hope you all are well. Stay grounded! And don't forget Philippians 4:8.
Try being called a terrorist!! It feels much better!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 06-07-2010, 09:32 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Try being called a terrorist!! It feels much better!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

How little you know.....

Old 06-07-2010, 09:39 PM

723 posts, read 1,046,061 times
Quote:
How little you know.....
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 06-07-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:

I love you guys anyway, and I'll be praying for you. Hope you all are well. Stay grounded! And don't forget Philippians 4:8.
Girrl...you know darn well nobody's calling you those things. Stop it! It's a thread that's for some, not for all! You know that. Of course we love you too, that's why we're here!!

PS: Proverbs 22:3 is one worth remembering too!

A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished. (KJV)

A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences. (NLT)

Sensible people foresee trouble and hide [from it], but gullible people go ahead and suffer [the consequence]. (God's Word Translation)

The sharp man sees the evil and takes cover: the simple go straight on and get into trouble.
(Bible in Basic English)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity