U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 05:47 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,419,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Please tell me that is not a real billboard.
I don't know... but the bumper sticker is .

Old 06-08-2010, 06:07 PM

58,712 posts, read 32,154,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Are vengeful, do you enjoy kicking people when they are at what is probably the lowest point in their life, the loss of a child? Why is that you would even consider saying such an awful thing to the grieving parents that have just lost a child? This obsession with cramming YOUR beliefs down the throats of everyone is not healthy, and it is a hateful thing to say to anyone You are helping NO ONE, save for your own sick gratification, and harming all that hear such tripe

If that were my child, and someone said that to me, I would probably just haul off and deck them
It is disturbing, isn't it? And it is strange how someone would use the death of his friend to bait people into another UR debate.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:15 PM

3,591 posts, read 467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is disturbing, isn't it? And it is strange how someone would use the death of his friend to bait people into another UR debate.
My suggestion --- Don't take the bait

Old 06-08-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
My suggestion --- Don't take the bait
There are nine pages of comments, so it's a little late

Old 06-08-2010, 06:29 PM

3,591 posts, read 467,310 times
Quote:
There are nine pages of comments, so it's a little late
Never too late to spit out the bait
but yes -- the bait has been well chewed!!

Old 06-08-2010, 07:06 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,220,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Are vengeful, do you enjoy kicking people when they are at what is probably the lowest point in their life, the loss of a child? Why is that you would even consider saying such an awful thing to the grieving parents that have just lost a child? This obsession with cramming YOUR beliefs down the throats of everyone is not healthy, and it is a hateful thing to say to anyone You are helping NO ONE, save for your own sick gratification, and harming all that hear such tripe

If that were my child, and someone said that to me, I would probably just haul off and deck them
Quote:
What i Find sad and disturbing is that Christians who believe in ET think that it is the divine and righteous judgment, and then say that it is disturbing and awful. The idea of ET is disturbing and awful, but if it were the divine righteous judgment of God then why beat around the bush? You all teach loud as day that most people will suffer eternal torment for whatever reasons, that it is justified and a good thing because its God righteous judgment. I have had many loved ones die in my life, more than i Care to count, and many of them were not born again Christians. Your insensetive enough to tell me their in hell for ever yet you say telling someone whose family member just recently died that they are in hell for ever because they were not born again is insensitive?

So how long is it appropriate to wait to say such a thing? What about people who come to these boards who have had loved ones recently die and they read your public comments about ET? I guess you believe its alright if you dont know them personally or are not telling them directly. Or what a bout people who have loved ones who are in the throws of death as it is, and they are of some other religion or faith?

Twisted ...

The fact is many of you people know its morally wrong to believe such a thing as ET, that it is diabolical and evil, yet you hold onto it as if it were the most important doctrine in the scriptures beside Christ death and resurrection for the salvation of only a few who are either smart enough to believe in the one religion that is the right religion of all the religions in the world or simply lucky enough to believe because they were born in a family that is Christian and raised to be of that religion.

Twisted and sad ...

Old 06-08-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
What i Find sad and disturbing is that Christians who believe in ET think that it is the divine and righteous judgment, and then say that it is disturbing and awful...
Good job at twisting the words completely out of their meaning.

You sure are one bitter individual.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:37 PM

13,473 posts, read 21,261,584 times
Thread closed..It has been mostly off topic since page 3..

To the OP...My condolences to you and your friends family..

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-08-2010 at 07:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or