U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:07 AM

223 posts, read 247,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikaranista View Post
Great. Now I have Depeche Mode running through my head.

"Your own...personal...."
Evidence of the FALSE jesus will be shown on this link below.

link> tTHE TWO GOATS OF LEV 16: 10

Old 06-08-2010, 11:14 AM

7,905 posts, read 8,479,538 times
Why do you keep bumping your own thread?

Old 06-08-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Why do you keep bumping your own thread?
I believe the HOLY SPIRIT is leading me or SATAN?? NOT 100000% sure yet.

I will know soon i hope?

Are you an SDA ? Or ex-SDA?

Old 06-08-2010, 01:59 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,380,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikaranista View Post
Great. Now I have Depeche Mode running through my head.

"Your own...personal...."
I wouldn't mind if we could all just "Enjoy the Silence," myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post

I will know soon i hope?

I don't know what you are being led by, but I did just realize that your title and first post were a bit of tomfoolery.

You are trying to tell us how UNSCRIPTURAL the SDA beliefs are, yes?? You DON'T believe a word of SDA claims. Okay. You got us all mixed up.

Carry on.....

Last edited by herefornow; 06-08-2010 at 02:23 PM..

Old 06-08-2010, 02:46 PM

365 posts, read 424,363 times
Quote:

I will know soon i hope?

I am an ex SDA. Was a member for 12 years. Left. Now free in God's grace and Jesus' righteousness. No longer do I rely on my own works and Sabbath keeping to remain saved. Jesus is my Saviour and not Jesus and me.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:05 PM

21,267 posts, read 20,872,370 times
Quote:
Does this by Paul make you scream too?

2 Cor 11:3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a DIFFERENT SPIRIT from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough... 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

Any comments?
Paul's comment doesn't, but the way most Christians interpret it, it does. How do you know you're not the one who believes in a different gospel? There are 32,000 different Christian denominations in the world today. Which one is teaching the same gospel Jesus taught?

Old 06-08-2010, 03:20 PM

7,905 posts, read 8,479,538 times
Quote:

I will know soon i hope?

Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Paul's comment doesn't, but the way most Christians interpret it, it does. How do you know you're not the one who believes in a different gospel? There are 32,000 different Christian denominations in the world today. Which one is teaching the same gospel Jesus taught?
Pretty much 95% of the denominations.

They all believe the following:

As summed up in the Apostles' Creed

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
the Maker of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:

Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost,
born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;

He descended into hell.

The third day He arose again from the dead;

He ascended into heaven,
and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Ghost;
the holy universal church;
the communion of saints;
the forgiveness of sins;
the resurrection of the body;
and the life everlasting.
I do know of several denominations that don't, but I'll be nice and not mention names.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I dont belong to any man made denomination. The BRIDE of CHRIST is unique!! and Invisible to the general public!! NO BISHOPS!! NO CONFERENCE! Just the BIBLE, & FAITH in the LAMB!!
John 3: 16-18 !!!!

Old 06-08-2010, 03:35 PM

3,576 posts, read 453,175 times
Quote:
I dont belong to any man made denomination. The BRIDE of CHRIST is unique!! and Invisible to the general public!! NO BISHOPS!! NO CONFERENCE! Just the BIBLE, & FAITH in the LAMB!!
John 3: 16-18 !!!!
Yes

What I see is when you start to identify with a particular denomination, this starts happening

1Co 3:3 for you are still fleshly. For where there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly and walking according to man?
1Co 3:4 For whenever anyone may be saying, "I, indeed, am of Paul,yet another, "I, of Apollos,will he not be fleshly?
1Co 3:5 What, then, is Apollos? Now what is Paul? Servants are they, through whom you believe, and as the Lord gives to each."
1Co 3:6 I plant, Apollos irrigates, but God makes it grow up."
1Co 3:7 So that, neither is he who is planting anything, nor he who is irrigating, but God Who makes it grow up."

Our eyes should be on Christ alone - who is the mediator between us individually and God

Old 06-08-2010, 10:11 PM

21,267 posts, read 20,872,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Pretty much 95% of the denominations.
So why are there 32,000 different ones if they're all teaching the same things? Your statement implies that this creed is all that matters and that no other doctrines are of any consequence whatsoever. Go to an Eastern Orthodox Church service and then to a Pentacostal Service. When you're done, come back and tell me that they both teach the same things.

Quote:
They all believe the following:

As summed up in the Apostles' Creed

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
the Maker of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:

Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost,
born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;

He descended into hell.

The third day He arose again from the dead;

He ascended into heaven,
and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Ghost;
the holy universal church;
the communion of saints;
the forgiveness of sins;
the resurrection of the body;
and the life everlasting.
I do know of several denominations that don't, but I'll be nice and not mention names.
So just what makes the Apostles Creed the defining factor? It wasn't even written by the Apostles, for crying out loud. What about the Christians who lived during the first century and a half after Christ's death? They never recited this creed. They'd never heard of it. Are you going to be nice and not mention them either?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or