Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 08:01 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times

Advertisements

True collector cars which really appreciate are either highly sought after years later, or were made in such extremely low volumes that there just aren't many to go around.

I am not sure the 3000GT or Stealth will fall into that category. Even in TT AWD format. The volumes they were made compared to interest and demand just do not seem to warrant it. At least at this stage. Doesn't mean they won't be around or there lacks interest, but I would not see them going crazy on price.

I always thought they were cool cars in their time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 11:12 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,553,214 times
I wouldn't be shocked if the Stealth/3000GT becomes worth something one day. Might be another 20 years though.

It's a shame that Mitsubishi doesn't still produce that car. They might still be relevant in the American auto market.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:56 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
No but the VR-4 Spyder is tge collectable one.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:49 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Well it did cause a huge surge in used prices for Second Gen Mitsubishi Eclipse and taught alot of those owners about "Crank Walk"
Supras and Miatas crankwalk too, but for 2Gs, even if they were more prone it was still way overblown. The problem is the 2G DSM was the cheap go to car for the Tooner Kidz to buy once they got their hearts broken on how much even a N/T MKIV costs. Then, everytime a 2G broke down, whether it be from too much boost dialed in from a cheap ebay BC, or a bad slave cylinder - people like you would say, "Oh its teh crankwalk.." - without knowing any better.

The 3000GT VR-4 was also more expensive and harder to mod because of its transverse engine. It punished you if you messed up with its unrebuildable (for the most part) Getrag transmission. Hanging a big single turbo off an inline 6 with one manifold/header with all that room under the hood along with Toyota quality and it being overbuilt worked doubly in favor for the MKIV over all the other Japan GTs in becoming the king of Imports. Trying to work with twins and a tightly packed engine bay (300ZX), twins/or hackneyed single kits in a tight bay with a traverse engine (3000GT), or an engine that would/could blow up even if you were doing everything right (RX-7) pretty much gave the Supra the win from the beginning when it comes to tuning them in the America import scene. But in Japan, the Supra wasn't so hot. Its all Skyline and Evo all day long over there.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:24 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,154,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
But in Japan, the Supra wasn't so hot. Its all Skyline and Evo all day long over there.
And WRX, since those have been on sale there for as long as there has been an Impreza. I remember reading Car and Driver, not yet even able to drive, and lusting over this Japanese rally car that we couldn't buy.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,335 times
Ya I agree .I like mine its fun .Its a toy.and not everyone has one .that's my favorite part.lol..If it ever go's up in value that would be a plus .if not I will just keep playing with it anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram