Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 06:37 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times

Advertisements

Im a huge Jeep fan but I think its time for them to throw in the towel if they want to stray from their roots. The market that Chrysler is trying to attract through Jeep should just put the money into making their own SUVs and let the Jeep name live on instead of destroying everything the Jeep name stands for. Get rid of the Patriot and the compass..and 2wd Jeeps, what is that? WHat a joke. If you dont like them, dont buy them. Stop trying to cater to everyone. This is why most new cars or so boring these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 08:07 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,282,260 times
I just wish they brought this instead. All the new Cherokee is, is a stilted Alfa Giulietta. I'm not a big fan of the look, but I have a feeling it will grow on me. At least they're trying something different. It would be safe and easy to make it look like a fat Patriot and appease the crowd, but they still have the Patriot and the Wrangler for those people. Anything to bring someone new to the brand is a good idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alfa-Romeo-Giulietta-01.jpg
Views:	4070
Size:	467.8 KB
ID:	107991

Old 02-25-2013, 08:56 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
Thats because those people don't exist anymore. SUVs are soccer mom cars. They have been for a long time now. Trying to market to hard core offroaders is a money losing business.
So why did you give someone such a hard time in another thread because they wanted a CR-V?

Compact SUVs are damned popular. People like the looks, the versatility, and the efficiency compared to "real" SUVs. Why wouldn't a carmaker build these?

As for this new Jeep compact SUV/CUV, I don't happen to like that front end at all. Looks kind of like a blingy "tooth grill" that some hip-hop musicians are so proud of. Maybe it will grow on me a bit, but I doubt it. More importantly though I don't think Chrysler can make a competitive compact SUV. This Cherokee is a dead-on competitor to the CR-V, RAV4, and Subaru Forester or Outback. The Subarus own the snow country market and this Cherokee won't change that. Reusing the old name will not help. Old timers who remember the Cherokee will react just like the posters here - "that isn't a Cherokee!" Younger buyers will not change their bias towards the Japanese or Korean brands.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:57 AM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Take away the grill, and it's a friggen Traverse.

Awful.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:10 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,798,510 times
The front end looks like a cartoon version of an alien - big open mouth, 2 beady eyes and a row of - nasal passages?

It doesn't look as unatractive in red.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:19 PM

109 posts, read 128,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I just wish they brought this instead. All the new Cherokee is, is a stilted Alfa Giulietta. I'm not a big fan of the look, but I have a feeling it will grow on me. At least they're trying something different. It would be safe and easy to make it look like a fat Patriot and appease the crowd, but they still have the Patriot and the Wrangler for those people. Anything to bring someone new to the brand is a good idea.

Attachment 107991
Sadly, its grown on me already... and I have no idea why!

Old 02-25-2013, 06:04 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Says the one not even staying on topic with the same year EVERYONE else was talking about.. real simple. OP provides pics and talks ONLY of NEW 14 model and you still refer to over year old info. "Bb. B..bb.bb.. but thats what I read on the website." 14 Jeep Cherokee tops at 53k? Wrong. You know nothing except what someone writes on a website. Not even the year of the make and model in question clearly. Go make your own '13 Jeep thread. Leave the current talk to those that know what theyre talking about from more than playing with an online builder.
I guess you are still mad about being wrong. I thought you got over that. Anywho, I have seen mention of 2011 and 2012 Jeeps just looking at a few pages. I guess you better go back and tell them to stay on topic or make their own threads.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 PM

23 posts, read 136,418 times
Jeep wrangler was the biggest piece of junk I ever owned. went through a clutch, two bearings, a belt, a water pump and an off road tire all in one year. I'm not exactly the luckiest son of a ***** who ever lived, but Ive never had as many problems with a vehicle as I did with that one. Plus it was terrible off road. I'll take a hummer or a pathfinder over a jeep any day of the week...

Old 02-26-2013, 04:38 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIV3FOURON3 View Post
Jeep wrangler was the biggest piece of junk I ever owned. went through a clutch, two bearings, a belt, a water pump and an off road tire all in one year. I'm not exactly the luckiest son of a ***** who ever lived, but Ive never had as many problems with a vehicle as I did with that one. Plus it was terrible off road. I'll take a hummer or a pathfinder over a jeep any day of the week...
Ive owned 5 Wranglers and there has only been one that was 100% reliable. Wasnt aware anyone bought Wranglers because they thought they were reliable. In fact they are money pits...but fun to drive. Thats just part of owning a Wrangler. Id rather sink money into something cool than drive a boring reliable car in my opinion. My GC on the other hand was extremely reliable.

The problem with car companies making ugly things such as this Cherokee is that people actually buy them. If they didnt sell them, they wouldnt make them. Blame the consumers that actually like these....just like the brand new Pathfinder...or the new Escape. Death to the SUV. In the past these were great little SUVs but thats in the past.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:07 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,494,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I guess you are still mad about being wrong. I thought you got over that. Anywho, I have seen mention of 2011 9784296619nd 2012 Jeeps just looking at a few pages. I guess you better go back and tell them to stay on topic or make their own threads.
Wow.. youre a complete moron.. keep talking about pricing for an over year old vehicle instead of the current one in question by the OP.. YOURE 53k is wrong... not even close to the REAL 56990.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel First Drive - Motor Trend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram