Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 12:37 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,868,731 times

Advertisements

It's looks Chinese. Certainly doesn't look like a JEEP. I hope they don't mess with the Wrangers, I plan to buy one this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 12:38 PM

21,863 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
U obviously know nothing about automobiles. First of all the CRV and Rav4 arent even in the same class as the Cherokee. Secondly the Cherokee is NOT replacing the Liberty. The Cherokee has been around way before the Liberty was even manufactured.
Right back atcha. First of all, the Cherokee is indeed replacing the Liberty. Secondly, the Cherokee will be in the same class as the CR-V and Rav4. Like the Grand Cherokee always has, the new Cherokee is based off of a car platform just like the CR-V and Rav4. It's a pretty much spot on direct competitor. The Grand Cherokee has always been a pretty decent off-roader. I mean, it's not that best thing for rock crawling, but for taking on backcountry roads they're great. Swapping out the tires would be a good idea, however.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:41 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Right back atcha. First of all, the Cherokee is indeed replacing the Liberty. Secondly, the Cherokee will be in the same class as the CR-V and Rav4. Like the Grand Cherokee always has, the new Cherokee is based off of a car platform just like the CR-V and Rav4. It's a pretty much spot on direct competitor. The Grand Cherokee has always been a pretty decent off-roader. I mean, it's not that best thing for rock crawling, but for taking on backcountry roads they're great. Swapping out the tires would be a good idea, however.
I have never seen the Cherokee compared to the likes of the Rav4 nor CRV in any CUV comparison whatsoever. Now I've seen the Jeep Compass and patriot in comparison tests but never the Cherokee.

After further research I do see that they are fazing out the Liberty and rebranding it as a cherokee. I was a bit confused as I know for a fact that the cherokee was around way before the liberty and didnt see how the liberty can be replaced by something that came before it.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:46 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
That has to be one of the LEAST attractive SUV's I've ever seen. It doesn't even look like a Jeep...sort of reminds me of the styling of that god-awful Mazda crossover thing:

I think Jeep royally screwed the pooch on the new Grand Cherokee, I can't imagine any of the loyal Jeep buyers embracing that ugly design. I normally like Jeep's even if I'd never buy one...but that thing is horrendous.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:48 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
Some hillarious comments to the new 2014 Cherokee from the Autoweek review. LOL

"Overkill, Messy...simply Too many lights, bulges and holes...the human brain can only process so much"

"That grill design better add 10mpg to make that look acceptable"

"Looks like the (automotive) love child of a Cherokee and an Aztec"

"LOOKS LIKE SOME HOLLYWOOD PLASTIC SURGEON GOT TO IT. TERRIBLE FRONT END. WAS THE DESIGN COMMITTEE ON VACATION. lee,,,ugly. this form has no function"

Old 02-23-2013, 12:55 PM
J24

448 posts, read 863,538 times
How can be new Grand Cherokee be replacing the Liberty when the Grand Cherokee has been around longer than the Liberty? Unless they're just shrinking the Grand Cherokee and discontinuing the Liberty, then I suppose you could say that

I've never heard the Rav4 and Grand Cherokee be compared. The Grand Cherokee is a bigger SUV than the Rav4. They aren't even in the same class.

Either way, the 2014 is hideous. I hope they rethink that.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:56 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,615,377 times
Quote:
U obviously know nothing about automobiles. First of all the CRV and Rav4 arent even in the same class as the Cherokee. Secondly the Cherokee is NOT replacing the Liberty. The Cherokee has been around way before the Liberty was even manufactured.

The Liberty is called the Cherokee everywhere in the world except North America.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I have never seen the Cherokee compared to the likes of the Rav4 nor CRV in any CUV comparison whatsoever. Now I've seen the Jeep Compass and patriot in comparison tests but never the Cherokee.

After further research I do see that they are fazing out the Liberty and rebranding it as a cherokee. I was a bit confused as I know for a fact that the cherokee was around way before the liberty and didnt see how the liberty can be replaced by something that came before it.
That's because the Rav4 and CRV were a lot smaller back when the previous Cherokee existed, which was also on a car platform, btw. Almost everyone refers to the Cherokee second generation as one of the greatest SUVs ever, generally without realizing it's a unibody, just proof that car-based platforms can be great off-road (whether or not the third generation Cherokee is remains to be seen.) This third generation, aside from cosmetics, looks quite similar to the car-based Cherokee which was indeed a great compact SUV.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:57 PM

109 posts, read 128,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
How can be new Grand Cherokee be replacing the Liberty when the Grand Cherokee has been around longer than the Liberty? Unless they're just shrinking the Grand Cherokee and discontinuing the Liberty, then I suppose you could say that

I've never heard the Rav4 and Grand Cherokee be compared. The Grand Cherokee is a bigger SUV than the Rav4. They aren't even in the same class.

The Grand Cherokee IS NOT replacing the Liberty, the Liberty is being replaced by the Cherokee name plate...

Old 02-23-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post

Grand Cherokee is continuing on. The new Cherokee (no Grand) is replacing the Liberty as the new compact-SUV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram