Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:37 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,091,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
thanks everyone for the replies.

im leaning towards the Posche Boxster S

it's under 30k and looks nice!

i would be using the car for daily driving by the way.
Excellent choice, you won't be sorry.

I do recommend spending some time driving it in a very large parking lot, doing sharp turns and such, to get used to how a mid engine car handles. It's completely different than the typical front engine car. If you get scared and lift off the throttle mid turn, that's when the back end can swing out on you. I'd also recommend getting one with PASM (their stability management system) if this is your first Porsche.

Have fun with it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw71 View Post
What would you think about the Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 convertible?
I had a friend of mine that had one. I never really cared for the styling of it, but she liked it. However, as far as the mechanics goes, she had several problems with it and ended up trading it in after about a year or so and wasn't sorry to see it go. I don't remember what problems she had specifically, but if it was anything like I experienced with my old Mercedes, I don't blame her.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:17 PM

528 posts, read 823,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
thanks everyone for the replies.

im leaning towards the Posche Boxster S

it's under 30k and looks nice!

i would be using the car for daily driving by the way.

Excellent choice. About a year and a half ago I drove an '03 Boxster, not an S though. The car was a beautiful medium metallic blue and it was in excellent condition. Drove really nice but, with the salesman riding shotgun I couldn't really push it. The only down side was the 115,000 miles and the $16,000 price. At your price point, less mileage should be a definite. Now that you have spent this much time and effort figuring out what to buy spend as much or more finding the right car. Also remember that this thread can not officially end until pics have been posted. Let the search begin.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:35 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,246,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjken View Post
Excellent choice. About a year and a half ago I drove an '03 Boxster, not an S though. The car was a beautiful medium metallic blue and it was in excellent condition. Drove really nice but, with the salesman riding shotgun I couldn't really push it. The only down side was the 115,000 miles and the $16,000 price. At your price point, less mileage should be a definite. Now that you have spent this much time and effort figuring out what to buy spend as much or more finding the right car. Also remember that this thread can not officially end until pics have been posted. Let the search begin.

I will certainly post pics once I get it!

Old 04-25-2013, 11:19 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,390,804 times
I would also be selective when buying a Porsche used, since you want all maintenance records, and, if possible, a CPO example. I also think that it is a good idea to focus less on having a unique vehicle, and more on one that is a much better vehicle, overall. I tend to prefer the 911 Porsches, but have no issue with a Boxster, as the Boxster is a very capable vehicle, and easier with which to live on a daily basis, though you still may have to have your dry cleaning delivered.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 04-25-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
I tend to prefer the 911 Porsches, but have no issue with a Boxster, as the Boxster is a very capable vehicle, and easier with which to live on a daily basis, though you still may have to have your dry cleaning delivered.
Actually, the Boxsters have more trunk space by far than the 911's do, you can put a set of golf clubs in the back of one, you really can't do that at all in a 911, unless you put it on the passenger footwell and rest it against the front seat. Using the storage shelf in a 911 with the rear seats laid down is always a pain so most people I know with 911s never use it. Even the frunk is bigger on the Boxster, I think it has a smaller fuel tank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram