Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 06:38 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,244,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Thank you! You'd think they learned their lesson when they tried to fake an Alpha as a Dart.
The correct spelling is Alfa. As in Alfa Romeo.

I keep forgetting this is an automotive forum full of non-car people...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 07:03 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,695,476 times
It's funny...people keep saying the new Jeeps are going to bomb, no one wants them, everyone hates them. Yet, I see the new Cherokee's left, right and center here in VA. They're all over the place now, right along with the Grand Cherokee.

I think Jeep finally realized that while off-road is all well and good, not everyone wants a beastly SUV that can drive through 2 feet of water. People want a decent compact and midsize SUV that can handle rain and snow with no problems, be comfortable while still hauling the kids and their accessories and yet, still be able to go off the beaten path when they want to go camping.

I have a '14 Grand Cherokee and for what I do, it fits the bill perfectly. Real AWD, decent power and gas mileage for a V6 SUV, decent towing capacity and I don't feel like I'm going to break it. The wife is looking at the new Cherokee to replace her car. I wouldn't look at the Renegade because it's too small for my needs...but for the market they're looking at, it's a good fit.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:21 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,201,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
The correct spelling is Alfa. As in Alfa Romeo.

I keep forgetting this is an automotive forum full of non-car people...
OK, anything else Mr. car people?

Old 06-04-2014, 07:28 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,042,020 times
I don't like it, but on the other hand, I've seen far worse looking vehicles come out than this. I think it will do ok in the market.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:57 AM

13,139 posts, read 22,761,037 times
I'm just glad the Renegade didn't replace this:

Though judging by all the Wrangler queues on the Renegade, it might have crossed Fiat's mind.

Anyway, there is only 1 real Jeep and it's the only thing on the Jeep dealer lot that I'm willing to throw money at.

Besides, the Renegade is no worse than the Compass or Patriot.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:58 AM

13,715 posts, read 31,093,243 times
Unless it is mechanically a POS, it will do well with young urban types who fancy themselves as sporty. The same kind of people who would buy a Kia Soul or maybe a Nissan Juke.

Hopefully it is much better than the awful Patriot and Compass (a pretender).

Last edited by hoffdano; 06-04-2014 at 08:24 AM..

Old 06-04-2014, 09:20 AM

4,192 posts, read 3,734,572 times
Jeep should have closed their doors years ago. This thing reminds me of the Nissan Cube.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:54 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,230,125 times
Hopefully it won't suffer from poor reliability like most of the rest of the Jeep brand. It would be nice to see them produce something with really good reliability even if it is ugly.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:16 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
I like it. And it's based on a Fiat that has actual offroad chops, so the Trailhawk version should be good. WAY better than the Patriot or Compass.
No way. Those Fiats drive like golf carts, even on the road. I test drove a new 2014 model and that thing had zero pep. Plus the Jeep is ugly. It reminds me of a combination of a Honda Element and a Nissan Juke. And what's with the model's skirt? I guess they picked her to match the car as well. It's smart to stick with a common theme, I guess

Old 06-04-2014, 10:35 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,246,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
No way. Those Fiats drive like golf carts, even on the road. I test drove a new 2014 model and that thing had zero pep. Plus the Jeep is ugly. It reminds me of a combination of a Honda Element and a Nissan Juke. And what's with the model's skirt? I guess they picked her to match the car as well. It's smart to stick with a common theme, I guess
Just because Fiat only sells one (two) models of vehicle in the US doesn't mean that's all they make.

The Renegade will do great if it's priced right. It's light years better than the Compass/Patriot/Caliber POS that they've had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram