Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 07:59 AM

2,266 posts, read 3,712,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
If only it was, then I'd buy one! The Sammy was body-on-frame, solid front and rear axle and (for it's size) an overbuilt and extremely tough tiny truck.

Anyways, here's where my family and I was this weekend:

We needed lockers to get up there and afterwards tackled 100+ miles of rough and muddy dirt roads without a flinch from the only real Jeep Chrysler still makes. We also ran across a newer Honda "SUV" in the middle of the desert on jacks with nobody around and a wheel missing.

Renegades just don't have the "outdated" design and mechanicals that a Wrangler does, only it's looks and reputation pasted onto a road car platform. Jeep is playing a potentially costly game of chicken, advertising their CUVs like they were remotely capable of crossing terrain beyond what you would be OK about taking your Camry on. People are dumb though... and everything Jeep sells is insanely popular here. Me thinks there are gonna be a lot of stuck and/or broken Renegades and Cherokees out in the Utah deserts over the next few years.
I think the Renegade will do fine if you're doing nothing but going up fire trails, etc, properly equipped of course. If you're dumb enough to take something like that out into the desert, I think that's moreso asking for trouble. My GC is "rated" to take out on some of the worst and I've seen the road tests Jeep did...but there's no way in hell I'm ever going to go rock crawling in my GC. Worst it will ever see is being out in the woods, fire trails in the Appalachians, etc. And snow, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 07:55 PM

974 posts, read 1,897,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
IMy GC is "rated" to take out on some of the worst and I've seen the road tests Jeep did...but there's no way in hell I'm ever going to go rock crawling in my GC. Worst it will ever see is being out in the woods, fire trails in the Appalachians, etc. And snow, of course.
See... That's the Jeep sell. We all think we'll be hardcore mountaineers, but are actually bopping along fire roads on the lower Cape and even then it's only once or twice a year.

Life without my gas guzzling Jeep Cherokee (and Wranglers before) is inconceivable. I haven't shoveled Jeep out of a snow bank yet and 2015 was a real test!

But, every time I fill up to the sound of more dollars please, I ponder how the 99% live with their vehicles and over 10 MPH gas mileage and think...maybe, one day.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:15 PM

99 posts, read 129,523 times
OMG I love the renegade. Looking to purchase one for my next car.. and no, I will not be off-roading.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:24 AM

106,593 posts, read 108,739,314 times
same here , i don't do anything more than some dirt roads hunting .

my 2012 jku eats way to much gas now that we retired and do so much driving .

a trailhawk is far more practical for us .

Old 12-01-2015, 07:21 PM

99 posts, read 129,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
same here , i don't do anything more than some dirt roads hunting .

my 2012 jku eats way to much gas now that we retired and do so much driving .

a trailhawk is far more practical for us .
Let me know if you purchase and what you think!! Ive had my used Nissan Altima for 9 years with minimal problems.. hoping the Jeep Renegade will be the same

Old 12-02-2015, 02:13 AM

i likely will not do it until next year at 60,000 miles and 6 years , gas is still pretty cheep and my warranty is good for 7 years or 100k miles

Old 12-02-2015, 02:31 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,623,074 times
No thanks, no Chrysler products for me!

Old 12-02-2015, 02:35 AM

i got off to a rocky start with my 2012 jeep .

if you follow any of the auto news publications then you saw pictures of my 2012 jku which came from the factory with sahara painted fenders on one side and the rubber sport fenders on the other .

then at 15k a cylinder head failed as chrysler had thousands of bad heads to replace .

then it was a starter and battery .

but the last 3 years have been virtually trouble free except for a radio replacement .

Old 12-02-2015, 05:31 PM

30,617 posts, read 18,198,614 times
I bought a Jeep Renegade Latitude (AWD) last week after reading great reviews online, etc. So far, I'm having a blast driving it! I hope that it lives up to the hype.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:33 AM

304 posts, read 343,947 times
I've had my Renegade since September, and haven't had any problems with it. I have a Sport AWD with the 2.4L engine. It's perfect for what I need it for. I did buy the lifetime warranty just in case, but that's just something I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram