Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2015, 11:21 AM

1 posts, read 825 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I bought this truck as cheap transportation with 250,000 miles. The truck always missed randomly. I found that the upstream O2 sensor has the wires ripped off. I found a wiring diagram and reconnected it. It was still missing. Recently I replaced the distributor cap and rotor, at the same time, I decided to remove and clean the throttle body as it was black in the intakes.

I cleaned it up and re-installed it and the sensors. Now, it misses worse than before. I can't hold a steady speed without it bucking. I have checked the plugs, they are all firing. Compression seems ok for an old truck. The pedal seems to have a dead spot in it until I get to a particular spot, then all cylinders kick in until it gets up to speed then the mis comes back until I depress the pedal more. I replaced the TPS, not difference. Here's the strange thing, if I disconnect the MAP sensor, it actually runs a little better but won't gold an idle. If I disconnect the MAP and IAC again, it does a little better but you can smell the gas, so it seems to be running really rich. Also, when the truck gets to running speed, the oil pressure gauge drops to zero periodically and the oil light comes on until I press the gas pedal a little.

I have checked for and plugged all vacuum leaks. I have cleaned all electronic connectors, cleaned the sensors with MAP cleaner, re-checked, cleaned and re-gapped the plugs. I am really at a loss and I really need this fixed. Can anyone please shed light on this. Also, I have replaced the coolant sensor because it was the only code in the computer. I replaced it, but the check engine light still hasn't gone out and still the only code on the truck is for the coolant sensor. Also, the truck seems to run hot even though I also replaced the thermostat. It runs a little over 200, is that too hot?

Anyway, I know I gave a bunch of info, but I figured you should have all the facts.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram