Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 07:11 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
The '08-'14 Challenger are based off the 1970... the '15 and '16 are based off the 1971... and have a new interior design as well.

Signed,

2015 owner
This is why I went for a 2013, I actually prefer the look of the 1970, and dislike the 2015+ grill and rear changes, and the roof antenna (mine is in the rear glass). I'm also perfectly happy with the interior, and don't need 4 doors since it's normally just me in it, sometimes my wife and I. For me the looks were enough to overcome many bad experiences with Chrysler dealers (previous Jeep). It sounds like the 2019 will be a whole new, smaller platform, based on the Fiat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 07:35 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,307,351 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aXPlJ_IZ4c

Old 07-15-2016, 08:47 AM

759 posts, read 636,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
This is why I went for a 2013, I actually prefer the look of the 1970, and dislike the 2015+ grill and rear changes, and the roof antenna (mine is in the rear glass). I'm also perfectly happy with the interior, and don't need 4 doors since it's normally just me in it, sometimes my wife and I. For me the looks were enough to overcome many bad experiences with Chrysler dealers (previous Jeep). It sounds like the 2019 will be a whole new, smaller platform, based on the Fiat.
The shark fin? Most cars have them now... doesn't bother me. Outside of the interior the biggest changes I like were the LED halo headlights and the taillights... both look a lot more modern. I've seen so many older Challengers with similar modded headlights... I guess someone at Dodge decided they were worth changing to.

Last thing would be the removal of the windshield washer jets from the top of the hood to being hidden underneath... not sure who's idea that was but I'm glad they changed it.

As far as bad experiences with Chrysler dealers... stay away from Auburn. Just horrible. I've dealt with them a lot for service... never again. To a lesser extent Kirkland. They tried to BS me when I was negotiating my car purchase... so I bought in Puyallup.

I got my recent warranty service (replaced defective passenger seatbelt buckle and replaced defective steering wheel cover that had the chrome peeling off) in Renton. I originally tried to get the warranty service in Auburn... they said they'd order the buckle and took photos of the steering wheel cover to send to Chrysler. Never got a call back in over 2 weeks.

I went to Renton and the tech ordered both parts same day no questions asked.

Screw Auburn.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:38 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
The shark fin? Most cars have them now... doesn't bother me. Outside of the interior the biggest changes I like were the LED halo headlights and the taillights... both look a lot more modern. I've seen so many older Challengers with similar modded headlights... I guess someone at Dodge decided they were worth changing to.

Last thing would be the removal of the windshield washer jets from the top of the hood to being hidden underneath... not sure who's idea that was but I'm glad they changed it.

As far as bad experiences with Chrysler dealers... stay away from Auburn. Just horrible. I've dealt with them a lot for service... never again. To a lesser extent Kirkland. They tried to BS me when I was negotiating my car purchase... so I bought in Puyallup.

I got my recent warranty service (replaced defective passenger seatbelt buckle and replaced defective steering wheel cover that had the chrome peeling off) in Renton. I originally tried to get the warranty service in Auburn... they said they'd order the buckle and took photos of the steering wheel cover to send to Chrysler. Never got a call back in over 2 weeks.

I went to Renton and the tech ordered both parts same day no questions asked.

Screw Auburn.
I agree with the location of the windshield squirters! For me the absolute worst was Kirkland. They did an inspection along with the last recall on the Jeep (Liberty) and actually told me that the front brake pads were totally worn out and illegal to put the wheels back on. I told them to put them back on and I would take them to my (independent) mechanic, which I did. He called me and said they were still at 40%! Also, the recall was for the airbag, and two days later the airbag light started coming on randomly.

For the Challenger I have been going to the dealer in Bellevue, and so far they have been OK, but they have changed ownership to AutoNation since my very nasty run-in with them about 2003.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:09 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,990,455 times
I must be one of the lucky ones with dealer service, mine has been excellent. Although their stock is rather flimsy when I go in for oil changes, they usually only have V6's and an R/T here and there. Had to keep the drool at bay the last time I went in, They had a Challenger Hellcat (yes, on the lot for sale, $77k), 2 Challenger Scatpacks, and a used 2012 Charger SRT8. Seriously considered the Charger, 50k miles, $27k, but sanity prevailed.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:57 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,004,714 times
I will second how nice it is to have the window squirts relocated!

My choice in doors came down to the lack of availability of AWD on the Challenger, and my snow challenged driving 4 months of the year in Buffalo. So Charger it was without really considering the Challenger (or the other muscle/pony cars). Most of the cars I compared to when I bought my '13 Charger were other AWD common brand AWD vehicles, but none I liked as much. When I bought my '16 this past spring, I shopped luxury brand coupes with AWD, BMW 4 series, Lexus RC, Cadillac ATS-4, etc. I had mixed results in terms of how much I liked and disliked various aspects of them, but concluded the Charger offered a more complete package at a $10K-$15K cheaper price (although I would have bought the lux coupe if I found one I loved). By complete package, I am referring more to more complete and polished ride/handling/performance balance more than features and options. I have a 7 year old too, so having the two extra doors helps a little too, but it is not our family vehicle so it was not a major concern.

I do find the '16 to have better dynamics than the '13 did. Both ride very smooth, but suspension rebound and compliance seems more refined in the 16. It corners better at speed (I have had it on Watkins Glen International track too... so I do not mean just onramps) It is a Rallye sport package equipped car too, which may be a reason why, although actual suspension differences are minimal.

My local dealer has always been very good on service. I have caught dealers sabotaging parts to increase sales in the past (a Pontiac dealer), and know my way around a car with a wrench, and have pretty high standards and knowledge on what should happen when I take the car in and what I expect. Luckily, I needed only a couple minor things on my '13 and so far, nothing on my '16 in 3000 miles.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:36 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,648,683 times
I traded in my 2012 Chrysler 300 srt8, for a 2015 used Hellcat Challenger with only 14,000 miles on it. They owner traded it in on a 2017 model, because he wanted a new color that came out this year with black stripes. The car is a blast and I had for about two months now. This thing is a beast and Dodge have done a great job with this one.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:19 PM

4,839 posts, read 3,264,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I have a 2013 also, and don't like ANY of the changes on the 15+. Especially the interior. And in response to an earlier comment, the only complaint I have about the seats is that the bottom doesn't tilt upward/back enough to suit me. Just a teensy bit more would be great. Otherwise very comfortable, and seem to be holding up quite nicely at 4-1/2 years and 60K miles.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:49 AM

30,343 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I traded in my 2012 Chrysler 300 srt8, for a 2015 used Hellcat Challenger with only 14,000 miles on it. They owner traded it in on a 2017 model, because he wanted a new color that came out this year with black stripes. The car is a blast and I had for about two months now. This thing is a beast and Dodge have done a great job with this one.
Yeah I just bought a Charger HC and it is a beast and fantastic in every way...no car in its price range can match it in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram