Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 06:15 PM

30,349 posts, read 19,138,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I can understand that as even with just 485HP, it's difficult to stay out of it!

Not to put down the HC, but I feel the SP is the best value overall...the HC is another25-30k....a lot could be done to the SP for less than half of that. Not that I will do anything with the SP, I like keeping my cars bone stock for some reason.

I do love that the HC and redeye exist though as it drives (pun intended) the competition crazy!
Only 485...lol.

You can't justify the extra money for the HC on a rational basis but the sound of that supercharger and the knowledge of and occasional use of the 707 is intoxicating and will put a smile on a dead man's face...plus you still have a warranty....insane.

I think I can justify the HC jump in power more than the Redeye...but I would love that Redeye...the extra power over the HC is not going to be useful unless you can somehow get that extra power to hold traction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 11:24 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,118,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Only 485...lol.

You can't justify the extra money for the HC on a rational basis but the sound of that supercharger and the knowledge of and occasional use of the 707 is intoxicating and will put a smile on a dead man's face...plus you still have a warranty....insane.

I think I can justify the HC jump in power more than the Redeye...but I would love that Redeye...the extra power over the HC is not going to be useful unless you can somehow get that extra power to hold traction.
Don't get me wrong....I certainly do appreciate the HC...in fact tonight I kinda wish I had one when a CTS-V pulled on me for a bit from a 65 roll. Granted he got the jump and pulled on me before I was able to hang without losing ground, but honestly it probably wouldn't matter if he didn't get the jump, he still would have pulled on me for a bit. The CTS-V is Caddy's top vehicle at 640HP I think...so that's HC territory! However, I'm certain the HC would stomp the Caddy.

As for the Redeye...the key is the widebody to allow bigger shoes, so hopefully more traction.

I'm curious whether the next line up is going to have a production Helephant planted in there somewhere...

Exciting times! I'm loving my SP though...even had a hot young lady in a Challenger RT roll down her window to tell me my car was beautiful after her husband/boyfriend? tried to jump on it and saw my taillights real fast....I let them come along side after that to thumbs up.

Oh, yeah....we did all that in Mexico!

Old 01-02-2019, 05:59 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,307,351 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong....I certainly do appreciate the HC...in fact tonight I kinda wish I had one when a CTS-V pulled on me for a bit from a 65 roll. Granted he got the jump and pulled on me before I was able to hang without losing ground, but honestly it probably wouldn't matter if he didn't get the jump, he still would have pulled on me for a bit. The CTS-V is Caddy's top vehicle at 640HP I think...so that's HC territory! However, I'm certain the HC would stomp the Caddy.

As for the Redeye...the key is the widebody to allow bigger shoes, so hopefully more traction.

I'm curious whether the next line up is going to have a production Helephant planted in there somewhere...

Exciting times! I'm loving my SP though...even had a hot young lady in a Challenger RT roll down her window to tell me my car was beautiful after her husband/boyfriend? tried to jump on it and saw my taillights real fast....I let them come along side after that to thumbs up.

Oh, yeah....we did all that in Mexico!
man now that is interesting 1000hp ang 960ft-lbs of torque wish FCA would make this retro modern Chaarger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqQlFVaqBxA

Old 01-02-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
man now that is interesting 1000hp ang 960ft-lbs of torque wish FCA would make this retro modern Chaarger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqQlFVaqBxA
I doubt they'll do that retro Charger, but won't be surprized if that 426 doesn't get squeezed into something! New Cuda?

Old 01-02-2019, 04:13 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,448,809 times
For some reason, Chargers and Challengers do not age well. 4-5 year old models look too dated, drop in value and you see tons of them in the hood with ghetto rims etc.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:57 AM

30,349 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
For some reason, Chargers and Challengers do not age well. 4-5 year old models look too dated, drop in value and you see tons of them in the hood with ghetto rims etc.
Resale values in general have been bad but seeing them in the hood with ghetto rims is both a reflection of the lower resale value and the fact they are nice cars for their resale price points.

My Hellcat Charger has held its value very well so far and I expect that to continue as long as i keep it in excellent condition (which I do as I garage it year round and leave it in the garage in bad weather)

Old 01-06-2019, 01:55 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,610 times
I test drove the Scat Pack, and Im itching to get one. It WAS NUTS and I didnt even activate sport mode or anything.
I have a full spreadsheet of the ones I will go for first once my pieces fall into place.
Ill be getting the sunroof, blind spot, Adaptive Cruise and Leather, In Octane Red. It will be sweet.
I have a short commute to work so it wont see many miles.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
I test drove the Scat Pack, and Im itching to get one. It WAS NUTS and I didnt even activate sport mode or anything.
I have a full spreadsheet of the ones I will go for first once my pieces fall into place.
Ill be getting the sunroof, blind spot, Adaptive Cruise and Leather, In Octane Red. It will be sweet.
I have a short commute to work so it wont see many miles.
Funny, I had to special order to AVOID all those options! I cannot do sunroofs because they take away precious headroom, don't like leather and don't need blind spot stuff. Octane red is nice but I so love B5 Blue, I couldn't imagine have any other color.
I did go with the Dynamics package to get the 9.5" wide wheels and the 6 piston Brembos...I also went with the Harmon Kardon stereo which is badass but I may have wasted that system on the Scat Pack because I keep it turned down most of the time so I can hear that beautiful exhaust!

Old 01-06-2019, 12:41 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,610 times
Quote:
Funny, I had to special order to AVOID all those options! I cannot do sunroofs because they take away precious headroom, don't like leather and don't need blind spot stuff. Octane red is nice but I so love B5 Blue, I couldn't imagine have any other color.
I did go with the Dynamics package to get the 9.5" wide wheels and the 6 piston Brembos...I also went with the Harmon Kardon stereo which is badass but I may have wasted that system on the Scat Pack because I keep it turned down most of the time so I can hear that beautiful exhaust!
Now thats funny, I dont look for the Dynamics package because I feel like the 4 piston brakes are enough, and I will be getting after market 22" 9.5 wide hellcat replicas. Im also installing new speakers and amps and subwoofer, thats $1500 cheaper than the Stock system option. Although I havent heard the system yet, maybe I should test that out.

I used blind spot on a rental and liked it, so I want to use it especially with the big blind spots that are on this car. Even though theres no monitor for the front pillars.

I read that once you use adaptive cruise you never want to go without it. Also with the adaptive cruise always comes the crash avoidance, which hits the brakes for you if you dont react. As beautiful as this car will be, I want to make sure I can save it in any emergency, just in case.

I have an R/T now, but I started looking at Scats since theyre only slightly more than the R/T with the same options, its a no brainer to buy.

Ill also get the Tazer to see about making 4 cyl MDS eco mode work more often for commuting. And of course all of the other crazy features that comes with it. I love the computer control that you have with this car.

Im trying to stay away from the usual "I wanna blend in with everyone else" colors like grey black and white. The dealers mostly stock those. I definitely like B5 blue, and I really like the F8 Green, but that damn Octane Red is just the one that I cant stop thinking about. Especially after I saw it in person.

Im definitely glad you like the Scat. Ive seen only good things about it from many other buyers.
And it really is just ridiculously good looking.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Ill also get the Tazer to see about making 4 cyl MDS eco mode work more often for commuting. And of course all of the other crazy features that comes with it. I love the computer control that you have with this car.
I have a neat trick to activate the MDS. Accellerateto about 100mph more than you want to go, then coast down to where you want to be...after coasting for a second it will go into 4cyl mode and hit 99mpg!

Seriously, it works by just going about 5mph over...

The PROBLEM with the MDS on the SC is that the power that car has is so sweet, you'll never want to coast!

Be careful of the aftermarket wheels...make sure they have the EXACT same offset! Mind if I ask what the new wheels and tires will set you back? I thought of going that route but read of horror stories with the offset and things not fitting right...and I figured at $2,200 it's a wash but I'd get the 6 piston brakes as a bonus.

I don't commute in the car so all the other options were worthless to me....I picked up a Durango for commuting.

Oh, and I HIGHLY recommend taking out the floor mats and putting in the Weathertech ones...I put them throughout. They are so easy to take care of and nothing gets under them. I ordered mine from CarID when they had a big sale.

One other tip is to initialize the car order through Sam's or Costco...all it does is have you go through the build and price then prints you out a list of participating dealers and a discount code. You then take that printout to a dealer where they go through the order process again and apply that code, which gives you a small percentage off dealer invoice.

I also highly recommend choosing the 36 mo 0% interest if you can swing it! Nothing like free money!

Last edited by USMC1984; 01-06-2019 at 02:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram