Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 02:46 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,414,349 times

Advertisements

Do you really think Chrysler would make it without researching if it would sell first. Just like any other automotive company they hire huge research companies to do marketing to see how viable a vehicle will sell. Then they build a prototype and display it at auto shows and get people’s reaction. Then they make changes to it so it meets government safety guidelines and cafe standards. They just didn’t say on day hey let’s make a Jeep pickup and just make them. Your talking millions of dollars in engineering and retooling a assembly plant to make them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 03:24 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,476,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Total agreement, but there are a lot of full sized crew cab pickups out there. It makes no sense to me, but I suppose they can tow a utility trailer if they have to haul something.
I'd like to see an access cab with a 6-foot bed.

Old 04-23-2018, 04:10 PM

11,340 posts, read 16,697,527 times
It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:36 PM

828 posts, read 772,619 times
This will do great in the marketplace....I seriously want one but had no idea it was coming out until reading this thread

Old 04-23-2018, 08:16 PM

10,551 posts, read 7,743,046 times
If it has a solid front axle it will sell just fine. Not to me though.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:16 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,266,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark01 View Post
This will do great in the marketplace....I seriously want one but had no idea it was coming out until reading this thread
The mods just made sure nobody else is going to see it either. Nobody comes here.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:27 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,985,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...-in-april-2019

I was actually looking forward to this but somehow it doesn't do it for me. May be I am not used to seeing the Jeep in a pick up.
Most here obviously never viewed the AMC Jeep CJ pickup of the 1980's.

Not the J10. Not the Comanche. - The AMC Jeep CJ pickup.

All of this has been done before with little success.

Will people buy this new 4 door "truck". Some, of course, for the novelty factor. It ain't gonna be a "real" truck though. Although many do buy pickup trucks with zero intent in using it as a truck.

This is deja vu all over again. History fades or the youngsters never get it.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:34 AM

2,266 posts, read 3,713,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.
Legit answer. Jeep pretty much prints their own money at this point. I'll fully admit, the Patriot and "first" Compass were total garbage, the Commander was bleh. I wish they hadn't cancelled the original Cherokee, but having owned one...it was not at all family friendly even as a 4 door. Short, cramped in the rear, rode like a brick on wheels. Great car when I was 19 though. Went anywhere, hauled what I needed to. The Wrangler is a class all it's own at this point, the pickup will be too. Will everyone rush out to buy one? Nah. But plenty enough people will and ChryCo will stuff their millions in the vaults.

The new Compass isn't half bad as long as you look at it for what it is - a crossover with a halfway decent AWD system as long as you're not using it too far off the beaten path. The Cherokee isn't bad either although I wish it had a real AWD system. It's still one of the only compact/mid size crossovers you're going to find with a decent V6 in it. The Wrangler isn't going anywhere anytime soon and the Grand Cherokee is keeping Jeep alive right now, they're all over the place (I've had 3 of them) - still one of the only mid size SUV's you can get with a real AWD system and a V8. The truck will do just fine.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:42 AM

17,295 posts, read 22,013,755 times
Quote:
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...-in-april-2019

I was actually looking forward to this but somehow it doesn't do it for me. May be I am not used to seeing the Jeep in a pick up.
AEV has built one for years: https://www.aev-conversions.com/vehi...ute-double-cab

It is like 100K if you do the engine mods to and they seem to be popular!

I don't love Jeeps so I don't think a pickup version would interest me at all.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:51 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,337,447 times
Quote:
But then it's a replica. Never liked replicas.
I know what your saying. I get that and respect that. Restored original is always nice.

What I like about RTech Fabrication is that they use the original body, interior, parts from the original trucks. Also what they build from those parts is not something that was ever built by GM originally. For example they are building a 65 Chevy Blazer that should be done in 2020. (I am hoping it is not ready till 2020 as I want to buy it.)

RTech also makes these awesome 4 door pickups, limo pickups all with original 1960's and 1970's bodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram