U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2018, 04:01 PM

28,258 posts, read 45,677,670 times

Advertisements

We bought new Traverse several months ago and are pleased with the ride and storage--
Have had Tahoes for our last 4 cars but the Traverse has as much room with better gas mileage

Our daughter is going to get new car and wants a minivan--seriously thinking of Pacifica for the stow-go seating
They have two cats and a large (60 lbs) dog and live in FL
When the hurricane came through last yr they had to evacuate --just to friend's house about 20 min away--but had trouble packing all they wanted/needed to take in her Nissan SUV
He left his Jeep soft top at home in garage--through it would be more dangerous on the street

I have read reviews of the new 18 Pacifica which are very positive but one the owner-boards like Edmund's there are complaints about the electronics system and the braking...
Rain storms in FL happen all the time--
I would discount the car if the brakes are really an issue
I am also concerned about the Chrysler company staying in business as long as she might own the car

Anyone have a new Pacifica--
Comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 05:17 AM

9,804 posts, read 4,016,757 times
I rent mini-vans and have had the Pacifica a couple of times. Last summer went on a 10 day camping trip (Tents, bikes) with 3 grandkids.
Easy to load and unload. no problems.

It rode very good fully loaded and had good MPG.

Check NTSHA.gov for recalls and complaints on the vehicle.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:33 PM

9,045 posts, read 14,467,240 times
I did a quick stroll thru the Pacifica forum site, but did not find any kind of widespread issues regarding brakes. Are there a lot of owners complaining where you are looking? Try a test drive of it in the rain and see what you think.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:48 PM

7,404 posts, read 2,770,106 times
I have a Pacifica and I love it. I don’t have any issues but there is a recall for the cruise control. But pretty much all cars have recalls these days. Back in the day they used to wait til cars killed people before admitting there was a problem. Now they’re more proactive.

It’s one of the most useful, quietest, fuel efficient, and comfortable ways to get around, especially for long trips. It’s the only car I’ll volunteer to sit in the back seat.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:20 AM

28,258 posts, read 45,677,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
I have a Pacifica and I love it. I donít have any issues but there is a recall for the cruise control. But pretty much all cars have recalls these days. Back in the day they used to wait til cars killed people before admitting there was a problem. Now theyíre more proactive.

Itís one of the most useful, quietest, fuel efficient, and comfortable ways to get around, especially for long trips. Itís the only car Iíll volunteer to sit in the back seat.
Thanks
She is planning to get one soon--maybe next week or so
Suggested sending Internet requests for trim level (she wants top upgraded version I think) to dealers w/in an hour's drive--that would be 6-8 I think...she is in Sarasota FL area

Any way to know if she would get better deal if she waited til Labor Day maybe
Always car sales on Labor Day in my experience...
But you can lose depreciation quickly if you don't make good deal...

Old 08-10-2018, 06:07 AM

16,009 posts, read 24,523,547 times
We have a Chrysler Pacifica and are starting to have nothing but problems. I do love the vehicle other than that as far as drivability, roominess, and even mileage, and so do my 3 teenagers. i would advise not buying a hybrid and not buying used - get a 2018 or 2019. The issue we are currently having is major and no fix in sight. Plus we've already had 3 recalls and at least two other "software re-sets" for minor problems.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:39 AM

865 posts, read 370,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
We have a Chrysler Pacifica and are starting to have nothing but problems. I do love the vehicle other than that as far as drivability, roominess, and even mileage, and so do my 3 teenagers. i would advise not buying a hybrid and not buying used - get a 2018 or 2019. The issue we are currently having is major and no fix in sight. Plus we've already had 3 recalls and at least two other "software re-sets" for minor problems.
We have Pacifica Hybrid and we have had no problems. Itís only a year old, however, so I wouldnít expect any that new vehicle to have problems.

Old Today, 07:48 PM

3,150 posts, read 2,633,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Do you have the Pacifica Hybrid, or the regular Pacifica? My wife and I are considering replacing our current SUV with a 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, and I'd be interested in hearing why you would advise against it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram