Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 02:42 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,833,582 times

Advertisements

Chrysler is a good car, Jeep is a fantastic vehicle. as far as the repair and parts, by law they have to continue making parts for at least 20 years, bankrupt, out of business or not. Ford had the best business sense, they didn't have to look to the government for a handout, at least not yet. GM, will soon be known as, Government Motors, and will have to make a lot of changes, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, when it merges with Fiat, since it already has the Daimler influence, should get a good change, makeover. They could stand to drop a few models, but then again so could all the makers, that's been their problem all along, too many, too much.
If Dodge and Jeep could seperate and go on their own, they might be able to do it without the Chrysler car line, but it's too late for that, now they have to go where they go.
They need to go back to basics, building cars, not rolling luxury apts. Cut back on all the additions, and make them utility vehicles, nothing more, something to get from point a to point b.
Id buy a Chrysler, a Viper, a PT Cruiser, not a new one now though, the workers have been too worried about their jobs to put pride in their work, maybe a 2008, but an 09, no way. Too many distractions for me to think about buying any autos from any maker in 09, Ford included. My opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 04:21 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,624,890 times
I am considering buying a brand new 2008 Dodge Nitro. It's a leftover 08 on the dealer's lot. I love Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep and have no reservations at all. American car companies need the support of us Americans in order to succeed. If we do not buy from them, they will be gone no matter how well they pull their acts together.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:01 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,215,951 times
Would I buy a new Chrysler or GM product?

Depends.

If the gov doesn't own any part of it, then yes.

Otherwise, I would get a Ford.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:43 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,659,872 times
I love my new Chrysler Town and Country Van. It is so smooth and so solid. The ride is fantastic.
Best of all the design to have those seats go into the floor is awesome. It is so easy a kid can do it.
That feature has come in handy quite a few times already. We purchased in March, before all this banter came about. But, I'm lovin' it so much that I would never regret the purchase.
We are getting good use of the DVD, the sunroof venting, and all the automatic doors and tailgate.
This Van, I have told my husband is my favorite of all the cars/SUV's? Vans we have purchased over the years.
Plus, you have to see us smile as we take home a bundle of 2X4's inside it.....
Also it was great to take home some things for our Myrtle Beach friends, back home to PA.
We're very happy with the Van and I wish Chrysler luck with working with Fiat.......
Although, this is just perfect as it stands........I'm just so pleased.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:27 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,307,351 times
i woul love to trade the 05 GTO in on a new GXP but the GTO is paid for so i don't want another car loan to pay off
http://www.max71.com/wpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/2009_pontiac_g8_gxp_0_430.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-16-2009, 01:37 PM

204 posts, read 813,201 times
Nope. I do rent cars often enough to get a GM/Chrysler/Ford and am always underwhelmed between styling and luxury.

I will stick with Toyota/Honda.

Old 05-16-2009, 02:05 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,624,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spac3d View Post
Nope. I do rent cars often enough to get a GM/Chrysler/Ford and am always underwhelmed between styling and luxury.

I will stick with Toyota/Honda.
Yet another brainwashed Toyota fan who believes their 2007 to present poorly crafted, style-starved vehicles are the best thing since sliced bread.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:19 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,339,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Yet another brainwashed Toyota fan who believes their 2007 to present poorly crafted, style-starved vehicles are the best thing since sliced bread.
One of the most inspiring vehicles on the road is the Highlander. It just doesn't look right. The new Accord is a mutt too...

Old 05-16-2009, 03:39 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,658,955 times
Are you crazy? Never! Been a Toyota girl since 1975!
I cannot afford to throw my hard earned money away on a gas guzzlin clunker!
Chrysler is sinking fast! They dug themselves a hole with their unreliable crummy vehicles. Those cars have been breaking down mechanically for decades! Ford is second on the list. They had decades to improve their vehicles and did nothing.
The only car that is keeping Chrysler afloat is that huge, gas guzzling, old fashion Town & Country minivan. What other cars to do they have? Never see any on the road anymore except an occasional Crossfire or a 300M. I think the Crossfire is history already.
My son traded his new Honda Element a couple of years ago for a Town & Country because his girlfriend had kids. She is since gone. After many electrical probelms with the windows etc. and other things he cannot even sell the gas guzzler. He regrets it bigtime. He should have known better since we are a Toyota/Honda family for years and years!

Last edited by Blondie621; 05-16-2009 at 03:49 PM..

Old 05-16-2009, 03:52 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,658,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
Nope. None of them.

I wouldn't even buy the models of Toyota or Honda (or any other "import") that were made and/or assembled in the US (or Canada). I'll continue to vote with my wallet (even though my tiny income may never matter).
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
That's a wise decision. #1 Only buy Japanese cars but just as important is to make sure it was (2) actually built in Japan. #2 is harder to find everyday.
Both my 2000 Celica and My 2004 Rav were made in Japan. Make sure the vin# starts with a J!
I would not buy one made in any USA Assembly Plant. The stringent restrictions on quality is just not there.
The Japanese are perfectionists. Nothing leaves Japan without being perfect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram