Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:42 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,339,457 times

Advertisements

Hi Mac. That is a steel door inner panel (passenger side) mounted over a hardwood frame but there is sufficient opening in the inner panel toward its center to get to the glass, rails and regulators (another job I need to do). However, the inner door panel near the locking mechanism at the outer edge of the door is solid with the metal being recessed so that the locking mechanism sits within the indentation, i.e., you can't get behind it.

What you are seeing in the picture is the outer center edge of the inner door panel of the passenger door as if you were sitting on the passenger seat with your feet on the ground and looking out an open door. The interior fabric and trim have been pulled back. You're looking at a closeup of the locking mechanism box (the internal box that the outer and inner door handles connect to.)

Last edited by High_Plains_Retired; 06-03-2010 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 06:41 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,954,062 times
I understand now... I think. On the door pic, I see marks from the inner handle spring?? With the inside removed as us, I wonder if you tap the threaded parts with a BRASS drift lightly of the whole just might not move, to atleast where the split pin is on the far side.

I can be very wrong. This buggy a tad before my time. I just love old cars and great projects. I hope you post on occasions as to progress.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:12 PM

You may have hit the nail on the head. I just received word from the other '24 coupe owner who tells me a brass drift is exactly what I am supposed to use. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to get back to the Dodge problem yet because of a frozen hub and broken drive belt on my finish mower and a failed main fuel relay in my Honda Accord.

When it rains it pours but it isn't raining today. It is close to 100 degrees and we have very few shades here on the Texas High Plains!

Old 06-05-2010, 01:40 PM

1,742 posts, read 6,136,238 times
It's a 24, it doesn't need paint

Old 06-05-2010, 02:31 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,954,062 times
Well, don't go smaking the threads dead on with out some sort of nut set to flush, brass drift or no brass drift. Tap light too. If that works and I have no idea if it will, place the key stock square back from whence it came to un-do the nut. Of course if you can reach thru the opening I can't see, then by all means go that way.

The hell with the mower and the honda what are you doing with a finish mower in the first place? They belong in Finland! Yer in Texas, do I need remind you! You don't need no stinking finished lawns... You can't eat grass and you can't drive it either!

Now maybe getting parts for that Dodge the Honda is a maybe must do, but man ya gotta git yer priorities straight ! Next thing I will hear is the delicate Volvo is broke..

Old 06-05-2010, 04:45 PM

Just came in from getting the mower going. Whew! It is hot. You misunderstand the meaning of a "finish" mower. When it's broken, it will almost finish off an old man dumb enough to try and repair it himself. What made it worse was the mower is hooked to a 1949 Ford 8n tractor that is "hit or miss" as to whether it will run when you want it to.

Yep on the protecting the threads on the DB door handle shaft. I don't know if this will work but I will try it.

Monday I'll tackle the Honda. Right now though, I plan to sit down with an icy glass of tea under the AC and cool off. I need my Honda going because it is the only registered vehicle I have at the moment. I just sold my GMC Sierra 2500. Although I know the Deputy Sheriff here, I'm afraid he would not appreciate me driving the old Dodge around with a license plate that expired almost 70 years ago. However, it would be fun to pull up in the driveway of the local AutoZone store and go in and ask for parts. That would blow their computer database. The last time I actually had the old car out in the public was when I brought it from Albuquerque to Texas on a trailer a few years ago. It drew a huge crowd, and a lot of questions, at a Clovis, New Mexico convenience store when I pulled in to get gas. Several of the younger folks were extremely interested when I told them the car was purchased new in their city in 1924.

Regarding Volvos, the only "boxcar" I own is a 1940's era wooden Santa Fe rail car.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat1100 View Post
wow, that is really complicated, don't wanna face that situation
Try to get a tire shop to install new tires, tubes and flaps on this car with wooden wheels. They just looked at me with a doe-in-the-headlight look then shook their heads. I had to do the work myself. I can tell you I had totally forgotten about the use of talcum powder in the installation of flaps and inner tubes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram