Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 05:31 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
i don't know where you mean. the only place 71/75 merge is in kentucky. but far as i know there isn't a whole foods on the kentucky side. look at this way. any house within about 3 square miles of whole foods will be totally fine and safe. whole foods isn't going to locate in a ghetto.
Haha! Love it. This thread's shaping up to be the funniest one since that guy from New York a few weeks ago who didn't wanted to find a house with a $300K price tag but with $600K neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 05:37 PM

8 posts, read 16,206 times
Governor's Hill Drive is where its by.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:41 PM

621 posts, read 1,210,036 times
Governor's Hill Drive is in the northeastern suburbs near the Warren County line - basically it's in an area between Mason and Montgomery. Anything you find in that area for $1000 a month will be fine - trust me.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:45 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,941,150 times
oh the warren county line...that is around mason. total suburbia. cool enough and safe and fine.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:08 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,702,355 times
Geez, wait. Is this Whole Foods at Deerfield Commons? That's Mason. Mason is a bedroom suburb. Ultra-safe, antiseptic, a "Stepford Wives" type community. There is even a decorative waterfall at Deerfield Commons that looks like the "Agrestic" waterfall in the first few seasons of "Weeds".

1 BRs around Mason are probably $500 and up depending on amenities. $1000 would get you a really nice place there. I used to live around there. Compared to Chicago you're going to find it *cheap*.

You could *probably* find a place that is within walking distance. Tons of apartments around there.

Cincinnati is really a cowtown compared to what you are coming from. You just don't have this ultra violent crime culture leaking out into the outer suburbs to a significant degree. Beyond Mason it's farm country and suburbia. Stop worrying, really.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:43 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times
Perhaps one should ensure they know how to spell C-i-n-c-i-n-n-a-t-i before moving there? Shouldn't it be the "Nasty 'Nati," not the "Nasty 'Natti"?

Old 07-03-2010, 04:50 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,470,411 times
Chicagoians use their car horn for just about any occasion: it means, move over, nice job cutting me off, don't you ever signal?, speed up, slow down, my old man had a car just like that, etc.

Try that here and you'll get shot or run into. Disconnect the horn on your car and get some tinted windows. That will keep you from becoming a crime victim.

Oh yea, don't buy drugs or pick up prostitutes. You'll be as safe here as if you lived in Skokie

Old 07-03-2010, 07:18 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,273,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Perhaps one should ensure they know how to spell C-i-n-c-i-n-n-a-t-i before moving there? Shouldn't it be the "Nasty 'Nati," not the "Nasty 'Natti"?
If it makes you feel worse, The Wall Street Journal mispelled Cincinnati as "Cincinatti" earlier this week in their travel section.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:02 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,795,375 times
In response to a prior post, Deerfield Commons is not Mason, but Deerfield Township. But you are right to connect it to Mason, since that is the only area with an Identity nearby.

There has been a running feud between the City Of Mason and Deerfield Township for quite some time now. Years ago we had a joint fire department, back in the days when it was mostly volunteer. But then the township got bent out of shape because Mason kept annexing land into the city, at the request of the property owners who wanted city services to help with their property development. So the joint fire department was dissolved, to the detriment of both the city and township residents.

Years ago, Mason passed a zoning restriction on the ratio of single family houses compared to multi-unit apartment or condo developments, to try an achieve some balance.

Deerfield Township seems to follow the approach any property owner is entitled to maximize his profit. Live in the township, no local income tax, of course your services suck also.

For those of you who come up I-71 to the Fields Ertel/Mason Montgomery exit. This has to be absolutely one of the WORSE interchanges in the country. But, guess what, it is Deerfield Township, not Mason, don't blame this on us.

But for the OP who started this thread. This area is as safe as anywhere you will find, and the current economy will provide you a very nice apartment in your range.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:04 AM

621 posts, read 1,210,036 times
Mispelling "Cincinnati" seems to be a common thing around the country. I imagine people mispell it more than they do "Mississippi". They also like to mispronounce it, thinking there is an "uh" at the end...CincinnatUH. Ugh. Gets on my nerves.

Geekalicious, really, I don't know where you got your information about the violence and crime in Cincinnati. It's not as bad as you made it sound. Just trust the people in these boards - they aren't going to steer you wrong. Why would they do that? That's not to say there isn't crime in the area, nor gang activity. There's a shooting probably once or twice a week at most...and that's mostly in certain inner-city neighborhoods. On occasion it does happen in the suburbs, but not enough to justify a fear of moving to the area. Check out Mason and the other northeastern suburbs. I really think you'll like them. If you want something closer to town, but still upscale and near the interstate for making your drive up to work, then look into Hyde Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati