Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 12:15 PM

1 posts, read 4,768 times

Advertisements

I have been hearing rumors that the Perkins Restaurants in Monfort Heights and Highland Heights are going to be closed and reopened as Frisch's. Can anyone else confirm this, or is it just a rumor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 05:39 PM

329 posts, read 699,898 times
Yes, this is true.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:31 PM

575 posts, read 1,370,372 times
Default monfort heights

The Perkins in Monfort Heights has been torn down.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:03 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
Hard to believe that just two summers ago, WGRR's Chris & Janeen from the "Married with Microphones" morning drive show did live remote broadcasts from all of the Perkins locations in the Tri-state. Sigh... I rather like their food.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:14 PM

329 posts, read 699,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Hard to believe that just two summers ago, WGRR's Chris & Janeen from the "Married with Microphones" morning drive show did live remote broadcasts from all of the Perkins locations in the Tri-state. Sigh... I rather like their food.
Yeah Perkins is really good, except I don't think it was a good idea to have a Perkins built down the street from Bob Evan's... Which is much better, and has a better atmosphere in my opinion. Perkins is always dark it seems.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:51 PM

24 posts, read 108,922 times
Perkins seems to have been declining for a long time now. I'm shocked that they've lasted this long. They seem to have been slowly disappearing though....

Anyone know the status of the Perkins at Rt. 42 and I-275 in Sharonville?

Old 01-22-2011, 07:11 AM

526 posts, read 1,481,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhiggins View Post
...I don't think it was a good idea to have a Perkins built down the street from Bob Evan's... Which is much better, and has a better atmosphere in my opinion....
Then Frisch's is doomed. I much prefer both Bob Evans and Perkins to Frisch's which I think is stuck in the '70s. Over the years, I have seen Bob Evans take over the fast food position once held by Frisch's.

Anyway, I am sorry to see Perkins close down. I have always enjoyed their food and particularly their pastries!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:24 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
If the choice is between Frisch's and Bob Eveans, it's Bob Evans for us! Bob Evans is the closest of the three retsaurants to our home, so we usually go there. There was a Frisch's here in our township some years ago, but it closed. But, then, so have the other 3 places that moved into the building when Frish's left...

Old 01-22-2011, 10:32 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
To me many of the Bob Evans are Cracker Barrel wannabes. Ever since Bob himself became too old to remain active in the business I have felt they also have decreased in value. And their Mimi's Cafe spin-off is something to avoid - so-so-food, no wait that would be a compliment.

I also feel it is sad Perkins is experiencing a decline. For many years they delivered good food and value. The comment about appearing dark inside is valid, as they milked the facilities too long without redecorating. The darkness is from everything yellowing with age.

Many keep predicting the demise of Frisch's. But from what I can see from their financial reports they just keep steadily moving along. And their menu offerings are the largest selection in their history. To me, locked in the 70s is not all that bad. I know our local store is currently producing a better quality product than they did 30 years ago. If you keep the quality and service up you will likely keep going.

Near me in Mason is what I believe one of the largest Skyline Chili stores in the area, on Water Park Drive off Beach Boulevard. It was originally constructed I believe as a Steak and Ale, which was short lived and went kaput. Sat empty for a period of time prior to someone obtaining the property and a Skyline franchise. Building is much larger than a typical Skyline. Rarely have I seen it filled even close to capacity. Right next door is a Bob Evans, one of the country store type layouts. It also usually has a predominantly empty parking lot. My point - give me the Skyline. Their overhead and operating costs is a major factor why they have been so successful.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:51 AM

1,130 posts, read 2,541,771 times
I agree...if Frisch's is caught in the '70s, or even the '60s for that matter, so much the better. There is a creepy sameness that so many restaurant chains have today. I think there is a lot of truth to the comment that Bob Evans is a Cracker Barrel wannabe. Why not just be Bob Evans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati