Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 01:56 PM

5 posts, read 7,921 times

Advertisements

Hi:
I will be moving from Flagstaff, AZ to Cincinnati for work at the end of October. I am looking for a safe 1 bedroom or studio apartment near Cincinnati State. Any assistance would be appreciated regarding some good neighborhoods in that area.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 04:19 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,343,947 times
Cincinnati State is at Central Parkway and Ludlow. It is at the bottom of a long hill starting in Clifton where the University of Cincinnati is located.

There is nothing nice anywhere around CS at the bottom of that hill. So, you can look in Clifton or you can look north or south a couple of miles. Will you have a car? If so, your fist places to look will be Clifton and St. Bernard.
What's your budget?

Old 09-21-2010, 05:13 PM

I will have a car, I really like the Clifton area... my budget will be around $500. My wife will be living in Columbus, so I will only need a small studio or efficiency. Mainly want something that is reasonably safe & Clean, and not too far from Cincy State.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:40 PM

I think you will find something up in Clifton. Let's see if others post something. The Gaslight apartments are more than that but there might be a studio up there for $500. That would be great for you. Look around Clifton and Ludlow and then up in the Probasco area.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:42 PM

621 posts, read 1,204,603 times
Wow...to think someone from Flagstaff could come here and actually find an apartment for $500 must be a really great feeling. We, on the other hand, would be living in a cardboard box if all we could afford was $500 in Flagstaff. I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to live in Flagstaff because it's an all-time favorite of mine and perfectly ideal for the type of environment I'd like to be in. But I'd never be able to afford it there.

Anyway, excuse my rambling. You might be able to find a studio/efficiency for $500 in Clifton, but not in the Gaslight district. The thing is, I'm not seeing much in the way of studios for rent in that area at all. There are numerous 1-BRs available, but they are running up closer toward the $575 range. Can you afford more for rent?

BTW...Wilson said exactly what I was going to say about Probasco. Check it out.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:23 PM

Shyspider, you hit the nail on the head! That is why we refer to Flagstaff as "Poverty with a View." It will be nice to have that mid-west affordability. Although I will miss Flagstaff, I am excited to live in a urban city full of culture. I will certainly check out the Probasco St. area.

Question: Would the Lorraine, Senator, Hosea area be considered Gaslight? There seems to bee some rental properties in that area.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_TO_OH View Post
Shyspider, you hit the nail on the head! That is why we refer to Flagstaff as "Poverty with a View." It will be nice to have that mid-west affordability. Although I will miss Flagstaff, I am excited to live in a urban city full of culture. I will certainly check out the Probasco St. area.

Question: Would the Lorraine, Senator, Hosea area be considered Gaslight? There seems to bee some rental properties in that area.

I think that all of those should be considered Gaslight Clifton, but some people might say that Clifton Ave, is a sort of dividing line with the center of GC at Middleton and Bryant. I have a friend who lives on Hosea and that is a really nice street

Old 09-21-2010, 08:29 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,909,721 times
For more recommendations around the Cincinnati State area, see:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/cinci...incinnati.html

If you can live with a studio, you might be able to find something near clifton gaslights. You could probably get a nice studio or average 1BR in Northside for that price. I would stick with clifton or northside for the best commute to cincinnati state.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:53 PM

621 posts, read 1,204,603 times
Quote:
If you look at the Gaslight District, you'll get spoiled because Probasco isn't really anything all that special. It's just a decent street where you might find an affordable apartment.

Quote:
Well, yeah that's kinda like a "spur" of the Gaslight District. Think of it this way: The Gaslight District is basically that section of Clifton where the side streets are lit by gas lights...BUT, when people refer to the Gaslight District, they are more often referring to the section of Clifton which is north of Ludlow and west of Clifton Avenue.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:31 AM

6 posts, read 10,270 times
try across the river in covington. there are some really great places to live there, reasonably affordable, relatively safe. it is about a 10 minute drive (at that) i'd steer clear of st. bernard and be careful that you are not venturing into corryville area near clifton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: