Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 05:11 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,884 times

Advertisements

Okey dokey, as requested, here's the new thread where you can share your favorite low-cost, strip center type Chinese restaurants. They're everywhere, and some are certainly better than others.

My runaway favorite right now, as mentioned on the deli thread, is Fantastic Wok in Brentwood Center on Winton Rd. The interior is a depressing looking place to eat in, but opening up the carryout containers is a little slice of heaven when I get it home.

Peking Garden in Dillonvale also gets high marks. I think it's one of the higher priced of these types of restaurants, but the portion sizes are really ample.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 06:54 PM

66 posts, read 189,372 times
The Sichuan Bistro in Mason is hard to beat!

Old 09-24-2010, 05:50 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Sizzling Wok on Beechmont Avenue is by far my favorite (it helps that I know the family that runs it). The food is delicious.

Magic Wok in Mariemont is good, too; nice atmosphere.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:00 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,941,150 times
this is a very good thread. i still struggle to find good chinese in cincinnati. ditto for mexican, so any recommendation appreciated

Old 09-24-2010, 06:45 AM

279 posts, read 717,792 times
Same here. I've eaten at some shopping center Chinese places that were so bad I left hungry. This thread is cool, cuz already I know I haven't eaten at any of the places listed.

For Mexican, El Toro's has been open in Hyde Park Plaza for a year or so now...I've gone with work friends several times and it's been way above average, borderline superb. Still need to go for dinner and just try a few different things, but I love it.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:40 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,470,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby513 View Post
Same here. I've eaten at some shopping center Chinese places that were so bad I left hungry. This thread is cool, cuz already I know I haven't eaten at any of the places listed.

For Mexican, El Toro's has been open in Hyde Park Plaza for a year or so now...I've gone with work friends several times and it's been way above average, borderline superb. Still need to go for dinner and just try a few different things, but I love it.
Tubby, I assume you have been over to First Wok adjacent to Bigg's in the Plaza? Decent won ton soup. I get it take out. But everything else is better eaten there. They have a Chinese lunch buffet, one price $5.95, very good.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:20 AM

577 posts, read 1,280,558 times
More Asian than Chinese, my favorite place is Lulu's Rice & Noodles in Kemper Square in Springdale. It's on the corner of Kemper and Northland.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:22 AM

577 posts, read 1,280,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby513 View Post
Same here. Love El Toro.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:52 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,795,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyohguy View Post
The Sichuan Bistro in Mason is hard to beat!
When I saw your post, had to go further and do a search. The one sight I found had so many good reviews I have to give this place a try. Wasn't aware of it, but it is in my own back yard. The Wife doesn't like spicey food, but I will leave her home with a turkey burger while I check this place out.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:58 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
When I saw your post, had to go further and do a search. The one sight I found had so many good reviews I have to give this place a try. Wasn't aware of it, but it is in my own back yard. The Wife doesn't like spicey food, but I will leave her home with a turkey burger while I check this place out.
Without looking at the menu, most Chinese places will make their spicy food "mild" if you ask them to. I always get my favorite orange beef that way

Incidentally, www.yelp.com is a pretty good source for restaurant reviews. Naturally people's opinions differ, but when you come across one that just about everyone loves, it's a keeper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati