U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 06:39 PM

1,014 posts, read 3,025,372 times

Advertisements

It happened again. The Bengals lost by just one field goal once again to a team that is all not that great. What is up with that? They have proven to me IMHO that they have potential to a great team but they always seem to mess it up by one FG. They have a strong defense but they are not utilizing it in the capacity of their potential. If they don't deal with their issues that keep them from winning , I'm afraid they may lose their chances of making it to the play-offs. Come on, Bengals!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 08:15 PM

7,649 posts, read 5,404,882 times
Too many turn-overs and penalties along with a quarterback who's arm is still screwed up.

When will Mikey Boy actually go out and find a QB?

And, close to 100 degrees on the field took it's toll on me! The high-lite of the game for me was the swearing in of 250 plus Marine recruits at half time. (Actually brought tears to my eyes)

Old 10-11-2010, 08:12 AM

279 posts, read 575,488 times
They just look uninspired whey they play...yuck.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:14 AM

620 posts, read 991,347 times
It's very disheartening hearing from Bengals fans who are 50+ years old, who have yet to see this team deliver. Being in my 20's, I have only witnessed 2 succesful seasons, and it looks like the tradition of generations of disgruntled fans will continue. Why would Carson be on his A game if noone is competing for his spot. Why should Mike Brown give a **** about hiring a GM and good scouts if fans continue to sell out every game and eat up Bengals merchandise like it's their job.

Last season showed some signs of promise, but as of now our season is in jeopordy. Somethings gotta give. It's frusturating being a sports fan in a city (and state) that never fails to dissapoint. But on a lighter note, think of it this way: The city made a killing off of 2 losses yesterday and downtown was poppin'.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:52 PM

577 posts, read 1,004,165 times
Lack of heart and lack of motivation. I was at the game on Sunday and was just amazed how they can march down field and score a touchdown on one drive and then shoot themselves in the foot on the next. I really think that if they drafted a decent quarterback over the summer, Carson would feel the pressure to produce. Instead, he is throwing horrible passes to players that are well covered.

Even in their good years they just don't look like a well oiled machine. The last time I saw the Bengals look like they had their um, stuff together was 1988.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:49 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,360,925 times
I believe T.O. is a positive addition to the team, he is just so talented. With him on one side and Chad on the other we should be burning up the league. And with the rookie Germain Gresham in at tight end another rookie Jordan Shipley in the slot you think we may finally have our Wes Welker.

But as others have said there seems to be a lacking of drive and passion on this team. They may believe just because of the talent and a good week of practice they will succeed. I want to believe in the home team, but the last two games lost should have been lost simply because they lost in the one area you can't coach - enthusiasm, at least we don't seem to be able to coach it.

Listen to the rhetoric - I ran a good route, Carson threw a good pass, the defensive back just made a good jump and the interception. Does this have anything to do with the fact your defensive back during practice did not play with the same enthusiasm as the opposition on Sunday?

I remember an old adage. When you are a rookie you are hungry since you haven't proven anything. Seems true as Gresham and Shipley started off well. Once a veteran your experience and knowledge should enable the right decision to be successful - seems reasonable avoid the rookie mistakes. But so far this season the veterans for the Bengals have made all of the rookie mistakes, whether it be false starts on offense, interceptions on offensive passes, or interference on pass defense.

Bengals, prove us wrong and demonstrate you can go out there and play with any team in the league when it comes to both passion and good sense.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:13 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,843,647 times
^ Good post, KJ.

Don't throw the Reds into the group that "never fails to disappoint" ... that bull**** gets old.

Losing the series against a team that's expected to win the world series, has the best starting rotation arguably in the majors - along with a team [Reds] that lead the NL with come from behind wins/last at bats.

... Oh yeah, and where do we rank on payroll again?

Old 10-11-2010, 04:56 PM

Of course I wasn't truely expecting the Reds to win against a force as great as The Phillies. But I didn't expect: A complete sweep, only 4 points out of 3 games, 4 errors and 3 hit batters. The Phillies pitching is 90% responsible for our demise. Regardless, the Reds will be fine next year. Can't say the same for the Bengals. I've just seen nothing to give me hope that they'll get better after the bye-week, and even next season unless something happens with Palmer.

When I say the teams here never fail to dissapoint, it's because I'm not phased by failure. Yes, the Reds are historically good and we now have new hope. But when it takes 15 years to advance to the post season (and I'm 24 years old) I hope that it doesn't become routine and I'll have to wait until I'm 40 to see it again. But as was mentioned before, they are exceptional for a mid size-small market. As for the Bengals, I won't hold my breath, not even a doplhin could for the time it'd take the Bengals to become consistantly legit.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:03 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,843,647 times
^ Uhhh ... did you just say "4 Points?"

... that's good enough. End of conversation.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:33 PM

It is what it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati