Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 08:17 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,472,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby513 View Post
I like Mt. Lookout too...there's no way to drive through the square without noticing how alive it is. I'd definitely call it vibrant. Also it's design is very unique with the parking area in the center. And of course the huge list of places within the square that Wilson listed. It's awesome! I need to try the Pera Mediterranean place still! Dancing Wasabi has like half off sushi some days, and of course Zip's is there...love Mt. Lookout Square!
And, one has to compare Mt. Lookout Square with something else to really discuss this. Compared with Hyde Park Square it is a step down. And, Oakley Square is probably as nice. But, other than those three what would one call vibrant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 02:21 PM

13 posts, read 46,360 times
Thanks for all the replies, I think I'm going to stay away from Mt Washington, and closer to I-71, to keep my commute reasonable (I work in Montgomery).

Old 10-15-2010, 09:45 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,941,753 times
if you are working in Montgomery, pleasant ridge is quite close yet is still definitely a "city neighborhood." the business district, although struggling with vacancy problems, is active on the weekends with a couple of bars and places for late night chili and donut runs, etc.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,285 times
I live in Mt. Washington and moved here as a single female. I liked the idea that I was close to Mt. Lookout, Rookwood Commons, Hyde Park, Oakley but didn't live there. I like that Mt. Washington is a bit more of a sleepy town type of place and you get more bang for your buck. Here I have a 1 bedroom apartment in a complex with a pool and work out room. In Mt. Lookout, I'd only get a studio apartment for that price. While I can't just step outside my apartment and magically meet the man of my dreams (who I have been dating for a year and met on match.com), I liked that I could come home at night and sleep in peace. I did meet my boyfriend online and when he saw how close Mt. Washington was to all of those places AND to all that Anderson Township has to offer, he moved down here as soon as his lease ended!

I think the biggest benefit to living here is being able to walk to your basic needs: grocery store, post office, library. Mt. Washington has places to get your hair and nails done, insurance agents, banking, tattoo parlor, ice cream parlor, Walgreens, Gold Star, Wendy's Subway, and Burger King all within walking distance of most apartments.

I just think you have to evaluate how you REALLY spend your time. I thought all that stuff in Mt. Lookout seems cool but if you are single, unless you are loaded and going on dates all the time, how often are you going to go to those restaurants. As a single person, I frequent Wendy's more than those types of places just because it's weird to go to them alone.

ALSO, Mt. Washington has Stanberry Park. It is the most amazing parking the city has to offer. Yeah, Ault and Alms are cool, but you can literally take such a long hike in Stanberry that you get lost and end up spending the night out there - IT IS SO HUGE. I prefer hiking in the woods to walking on paved surfaces, so I'd pick Stanberry any day over Ault or Alms. AND! when I want a change, I just drive a few minutes up the road to Ault or Alms!

OH... I also think it is very easy to get downtown from here and it is MUCH easier to get to 275 from Mt. Washington vs. the other places. If you work downtown, getting there from here is easy by car or the metro bus!

Old 11-09-2010, 02:05 PM

thank you for your insight on mt washington! none of our regular posters live there, so your contribution is incredibly valuable.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:46 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,277,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
thank you for your insight on mt washington! none of our regular posters live there, so your contribution is incredibly valuable.
I have been promoting Mt. Washington a lot in the last six months or so. There are some great rental bargains in the area as well as some real steals in starter style homes.

My ONLY objection to the area is that you have children, they head to the Cincinnati public schools. However, that can be remedied by heading three miles east into Anderson OR utilizing the parochial schools in the area.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
I have been promoting Mt. Washington a lot in the last six months or so. There are some great rental bargains in the area as well as some real steals in starter style homes.

My ONLY objection to the area is that you have children, they head to the Cincinnati public schools. However, that can be remedied by heading three miles east into Anderson OR utilizing the parochial schools in the area.
i think sands montessori in mt washington is well-regarded. but it is the montessori style and that isn't for everyone.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post

you know the mount well. i think wilson does too iirc. it is nice to hear more about it. i think sands montessori in mt washington is well-regarded. but it is the montessori style and that isn't for everyone.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,273 times
I am single in my fifties and I am looking for an a house for myself. I wonder if it is a good place for me. I like dinning, outdoors and socialize. I am renting now and I am looking to buy.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:01 PM

Luzma, feel free to start a new thread to perhaps garner more responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati