Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 02:01 PM

120 posts, read 259,144 times

Advertisements

Does it have to be Lakota, Mason, Sycamore, eastern side of town school districts? There are some good schools on the west/northwest side.

I am biased since I live in the Northwest School District, where overall the district is rated Effective but some schools are rated Excellent.

Overall I like it here. Nice parks, convenient shopping, easy access to highways. Prices for homes are in your range.

Stick with the Colerain West or White Oak listings. There is one nice neighborhood in Colerain East that has homes in your range as well. Here are a few of those homes:

8713 Sarahs Bend Dr
2979 Michaels Run Dr
3165 Sovereign Dr
2859 Sovereign Dr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 05:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandasene View Post
Does it have to be Lakota, Mason, Sycamore, eastern side of town school districts? There are some good schools on the west/northwest side.

I am biased since I live in the Northwest School District, where overall the district is rated Effective but some schools are rated Excellent.

Overall I like it here. Nice parks, convenient shopping, easy access to highways. Prices for homes are in your range.

Stick with the Colerain West or White Oak listings. There is one nice neighborhood in Colerain East that has homes in your range as well. Here are a few of those homes:

8713 Sarahs Bend Dr
2979 Michaels Run Dr
3165 Sovereign Dr
2859 Sovereign Dr
No, it does not have to be one of the east side systems. I was just rattling off a few systems that I hear a lot about.

One other thing. I want to avoid areas where there is a "snob factor." I just do not like snobby areas.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:28 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,942,354 times
the only really snotty area is hyde park, and even that isn't that snotty. cincinnati in general is pretty down-to-earth. there are some new money type snobs in sycamore township. indian hill maybe. but even those places not really. the most completely unsnobby people are on the west side.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:53 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
the only really snotty area is hyde park, and even that isn't that snotty. cincinnati in general is pretty down-to-earth. there are some new money type snobs in sycamore township. indian hill maybe. but even those places not really. the most completely unsnobby people are on the west side.

The median house price in Mason is higher than in Hyde Park.

"A snobby area?" People are snobs. Areas are not. Fearful, insecure people who think they are not good enough perceive snobbery as endemic in areas because people living in an area like Indian Hill have resources that seem unattainable. I say Indian Hill because Hyde Park doesn't even have a demographic about which that could be said. Even in Indian Hill, you won't find much snobbery.

Last edited by Wilson513; 11-15-2010 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: Be nicer

Old 11-15-2010, 07:08 PM

wilson i don't know why you called me fearful and insecure but the overriding theme of my post was that even the "snobby" areas are down to earth. oh, and i meant to say symmes township about the new money, not sycamore township. old money isn't snobby and indian hill has more of that.

cincinnati is not a snobby place.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:30 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Progmac, I edited my post to be a little nicer and I did not really say you personally are fearful.

But, the problem I see is that people have a really inaccurate opinion of the rich. Some of the nicest, most down to earth folks I know have zillions of dollars. But, many of the wealthy folks here are sort of out of it and can't relate well to those of us in the middle class. I worked for a very wealthy guy years ago who drove by my house one day and saw me out front washing my new Corvette with my two little boys 4 and 6. He was shocked that I would be washing my own car. I doubt he ever felt the same about me. He just didn't get it.

But my experience with snobbery is that it is often found at the margins of success. The wives of the new partners in a firm are often snobbish toward the wives of those still associates. Sometimes people in the newer section of a subdivision have some condescension toward those who have lesser homes. But the idea that wealthy people are snobs, is just wrong.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:56 AM

wilson1010 - you're right, it felt personal though. wah wah wah. ANYHOW, i completely agree with you re "margins of success." money is just money. you have super classy people without much money and you have boorish people with lots of money. that is a slightly different tangent though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati