Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 06:15 PM

72 posts, read 115,938 times

Advertisements

Is there such a thing in Hyde Park, Mt. Lookout, etc. (basically on the East side of Cincy) that would feature neat cards, plus other interesting "stuff"? I used to frequent a place called "Greetings and Readings" in Charlotte NC, for example.
Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 06:42 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
You have to go to Poeme on Michigan. I don't think they have a lot of cards but I know they have some because they had some of the wife's stuff. But it is such a cool shop you have to see it.

Here's the online store but it is nothing like the real thing. Google it - you'll see.

http://www.poeme-online.com/

Old 11-23-2010, 05:00 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,975,677 times
There's a nice card shop (Hopple's?) in the shopping center across Kenwood Rd. from Macy's. The one where the new movie theater is opening. And one in Kenwood Mall itself which, like everything else, the name escapes me.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:23 AM

577 posts, read 1,280,053 times
Hopple & Co. in Kenwood is pretty good. There is Poeme on Michigan in Hyde Park and On Occaisions if it is still open. To tell you the truth, there has been so many changes with stores opening, closing, and moving somewhere else in the square that I haven't been able to keep up.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:52 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,975,677 times
Papyrus is the store in Kenwood Mall. I think they're a chain with a web site, too.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:03 PM

77 posts, read 195,344 times
Sqecial Media in Lexington is the perfect mix that your looking for.Unfortunately there's nothing really like it Cincy or any where else for that matter.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:11 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times

No offense, but that looks like a junk filled head shop to me. We have those here.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:47 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times
Sqecial Media was so much cooler when it was in a little white "gingerbread" Victorian house. Now it's in a concrete box. The closest thing Cincy has to a shop like that is The Cupboard on "Short Vine" in Corryville.
Mr & Mrs Goyguy Sr love J Hopple in spite of there not being a store downtown any more. They also like Century House in Glendale, particularly for their post-holiday card sales (Scottish blood in the family, don'cha know it!) But the latest report I got on Century House is that it reopened after a fire with less selection/quality.
For "thematic" cards n' gifts oriented toward felines and the people they own, you can't go wrong with Confetti Cats in Mt Lookout Square.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:56 AM

77 posts, read 195,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Sqecial Media was so much cooler when it was in a little white "gingerbread" Victorian house. Now it's in a concrete box. The closest thing Cincy has to a shop like that is The Cupboard on "Short Vine" in Corryville.
Mr & Mrs Goyguy Sr love J Hopple in spite of there not being a store downtown any more. They also like Century House in Glendale, particularly for their post-holiday card sales (Scottish blood in the family, don'cha know it!) But the latest report I got on Century House is that it reopened after a fire with less selection/quality.
For "thematic" cards n' gifts oriented toward felines and the people they own, you can't go wrong with Confetti Cats in Mt Lookout Square.

The Cupboard . . . really? Granted I haven't been in there for a good 15 years, but I remember the place being really scary very unsqecial like as far as the vibe of the place.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:41 AM

1,130 posts, read 2,541,771 times
The last time I went to the Cupboard, it was more of a head shop and purveyor of adult "novelties."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati