Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 02:36 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times

Advertisements

Terrace Park is no more removed from downtown than Glendale, or for that matter Wyoming. As far as not having doodly-squat, I am sure that is what most of the residents prefer, a nice totally residential commmunity which is safe, quiet, and a great place to raise a family. I can see why homes bring a premium price there. And by sharing with Mariemont they end up with great schools too.

In case nobody has noticed, the still premier residential area of the city, Indian Hill has a greenbelt around the entire village to separate from the riff raff. And in case you have not noticed I do not know of a single business within the village boundaries - no gas stations, not even a doctor or lawyer office. So I guess youy would say they have doodly-squat also. Indian Hill still calls itself a village, when in reality it has city status due to population. I even love the fact they still refer to their police department as the Rangers, sounds like something out of the old wild west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 02:48 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Terrace Park is no more removed from downtown than Glendale, or for that matter Wyoming. As far as not having doodly-squat, I am sure that is what most of the residents prefer, a nice totally residential commmunity which is safe, quiet, and a great place to raise a family. I can see why homes bring a premium price there. And by sharing with Mariemont they end up with great schools too.

In case nobody has noticed, the still premier residential area of the city, Indian Hill has a greenbelt around the entire village to separate from the riff raff. And in case you have not noticed I do not know of a single business within the village boundaries - no gas stations, not even a doctor or lawyer office. So I guess youy would say they have doodly-squat also. Indian Hill still calls itself a village, when in reality it has city status due to population. I even love the fact they still refer to their police department as the Rangers, sounds like something out of the old wild west.
You're right. Indian hill has less than doodly squat. Terrace Park and Indian Hill. Doodly squat and doodly squat junior. Unlike TP, however, they have not employed Nazis to man their patrol cars. And, you can probably keep a horse in most of IH without too much trouble.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:42 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Terrace Park and Indian Hill. Doodly squat and doodly squat junior.
Here's a joke my Milford friends like to tell:

Q. Why do so many people in Terrace Park have dirty fingernails?
A. From trying to claw their way up the Hill.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:16 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
You're right. Indian hill has less than doodly squat. Terrace Park and Indian Hill. Doodly squat and doodly squat junior. Unlike TP, however, they have not employed Nazis to man their patrol cars. And, you can probably keep a horse in most of IH without too much trouble.
Do they still have the Call to the Hounds in Indian Hill? I remember when I was young and we would go up on The Hill to just watch the fox hunt. Apparently the fox often got the better, as I froze many a red fox in my headlights while driving through Indian Hill at night when dating my wife.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,131 times
Default Gaslight Clifton

For those of you who wonder why anyone would ever live in Gaslight Clifton...I will tell you.

1. You don't need a car! In a very short space, you have a grocery store (IGA), a movie theater, a library, lots of restaurants and bars, multiple ice cream places, a post office, and lots of other misc shops (clothing, art, etc)

2. You are close to many, many hospitals (if you are a medical professional), multiple universities and colleges (if you are professor, student, or anyone who wants to work for a college), and a heartbeat away from downtown.

3. The neighborhood is safe (in contrast to the student side of Clifton, near Corryville, where I would hesitate to go out at night). I am sure crimes occur here, but they do elsewhere also. All in all, I feel very safe, whether I walk out at noon or 3am.

4. It is diverse, with a mixture of millionaires, poor students, professionals, and working class stiffs.

5. The homes have great character

6. It has a good feel. Friendly people, neat spaces, music, intellectual gatherings, and more.

The burbs are also fine, but only if you like driving to each and every place you want to go. If you prefer to walk, Gaslight Clifton is the best place in town!

Old 07-29-2011, 12:30 PM
V23

15 posts, read 21,681 times
When people suggest moving to the "Clifton Gaslight" district they are hinting to large amount of beautiful homes and architecture in that neighborhood which is what the town has to offer. Do not just deem it a run down neighborhood. Yes there are shabby parts of the area but there are the beautiful homes and architecture there. Also its thriving shops and stores from Chicago's, Thai Express, Pizzerias, to Bike cycleries. When people infer you to this area, this is what they're talking about.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:52 PM

688 posts, read 1,116,657 times
Does anyone know what the OP decided. The profile they offered in the first post is not that different from my situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati