Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 07:40 AM

11 posts, read 35,102 times

Advertisements

I am moving my family to Cincy and would like to spend between 350k-400k on a house. I have two kids 4 and 6. Anybody have any ideas on subdivisions I should look at in the area, including new construction? Also, how is the Lexington, KY northern suburbs vs living in Ohio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 08:04 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,975,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdema View Post
I am moving my family to Cincy and would like to spend between 350k-400k on a house. I have two kids 4 and 6. Anybody have any ideas on subdivisions I should look at in the area, including new construction? Also, how is the Lexington, KY northern suburbs vs living in Ohio.
Not a lot of information to go on, so I won't try to address your question about subdivisions, other than to say that a couple of the better regarded school districts are Sycamore and Wyoming--and that the Cincinnati Public system is generally regarded as the bottom of the barrel.

Check a map, though. Even the northern suburbs of Lexington are an hour's drive from downtown Cincinnati.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:15 AM

Instead of subdivisions would you have any information on towns to look into?

Old 12-14-2010, 08:27 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
Quote:
Instead of subdivisions would you have any information on towns to look into?
If you tell us more of what you are about and we give you some ideas. OK, I got that you can spend 350-400k and have two kids starting school. But what part of town will you commute to. Are you looking for private schools. Are you looking at classic houses from the 1890-1930 era or is all your interest in recent subdivision construction?

Old 12-14-2010, 08:29 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,939,563 times
does anyone know anyone who commutes from lexington? that sounds crazy to me.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:04 AM

I am fortunate and do not have to commute into Cincy for work. My territory consists of Kentucky and Ohio and I am looking to close to a city for entertainment purposes. I am looking for a community with good schools and close to the city. I am looking for new construction or fairly new construction. Please let me know if you know of any towns that may be a fit.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:10 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
You need to supply some more specifics. Commuting from Lexington would be an oxymoron, that is not a commute but a drive. Having trouble determining what you know about the geography of the area. Northern KY across the river from Cincy as far as I am concerned is greater Cincinnati, and I would not hesitate to consider locating there.

If you have $350K to $400K to spend on a house, just about anywhere in greater Cincinnati is open to you. The criteria then becomes what do you want, good schools, short commute, etc. Express more of you desires and I am sure you will receive A Lot of advice. A big difference would be your preference over living in the City itself versus any of the far-flung suburbs.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:34 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
You clarified that somewhat. If your territory will be Kentucky and Ohio, I assume it is a sales job. KY may disagree, but your largest concentration will likely be Ohio. For this, I would want to locate north of I-275 so I was in position to cover the majority of Ohio. How far does your Ohio territory go? If it covers the entire state, all the way to Toledo and Cleveland, I would definitely want to be located to the North of Cincy. Areas like West Chester, Mason, Kings, and Lebanon can give you the combination of good schools plus quick access to the highways to cover your territory. I have several acquaintances who live here in Mason and are salesmen with a wide territory. They have located here for that exact reason, quick access to their customers. Some have accounts in Lexington and Louisville which are good business, but only warrant a minor portion of their time. Their major accounts are in Ohio and spread alone the I-75/I-71/I-70 corridors. The ability to quickly jump on either one of these major Interstates is a big plus to them.

You will receive a lot of reasons for where to locate in Cincy. But to me most of them do not recognize the needs of a salesman. To me, business convenience and family first, personal housing second, and everything else third.

Welcome to the area, and I hope you find something satisfactory.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:59 AM

Thank you for the information. The last thread was of great assistance.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:06 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
Quote:
I am fortunate and do not have to commute into Cincy for work. My territory consists of Kentucky and Ohio and I am looking to close to a city for entertainment purposes. I am looking for a community with good schools and close to the city. I am looking for new construction or fairly new construction. Please let me know if you know of any towns that may be a fit.

There are some great buys in that price range. try Robert Lucke Homes for a top quality product at affordable price. 513-683-3300
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati