Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 02:38 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,795,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjken View Post
Gerri Ann beat me to it, Lake Nina in Grosbeck provides my favorite fried fish sandwich while a place in Anderson called Butterbees has a delicious grilled talipa sandwich. As far as a fish dinner goes I like Cracker Barrels.
Seems like a place I could really enjoy. Especially since they talk about a frog leg and chicken liver dinner. The chicken livers I fix at home, but frog legs only out. Have to give this place a try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 07:30 PM

88 posts, read 233,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Since we are a long time past Lent, this needs to go to next spring.

I also remember years ago when our church's summer festival served fried chicken dinners on Sunday in the school cafeteria. They would serve you a half chicken complete with sides. There was a desert table which had just about anything you could want, all made by volunteers, scrumptious. The parish made about 1/3 of their discretionary income on that single weekend.

As years went on it became weaker and weaker. The last and final time I went there they actually had the dinner catered, if you could call it that. It was one pitiful example of a church fundraiser, a lukewarm dinner with nothing to distinguish it, changed to spaghetti, and served at a high price. Even the damn garlic bread was mox niz. Trying to figure out what has changed during the interim. Are the people just too damn lazy or incapable of volunteering their time? A fine social event has degraded into something simply horrible.
You want great pan-fried chicken?? Take a quick road trip to Wagner's Village Inn in Oldenburg! Sooo good!

Old 08-31-2013, 03:59 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,795,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerri Ann View Post
You want great pan-fried chicken?? Take a quick road trip to Wagner's Village Inn in Oldenburg! Sooo good!
I have to research any place we go out to eat. Since my wife is in a powered wheelchair, the first criteria is no steps - period. Secondly we need some idea of the isle width between the tables and seating. Her chair raises havoc with a narrow entrance door or isle. Typically they pull out a chair from a table and she scoots in with her wheelchair.

We have a Ruby Tuesdays near us which has become our favorite place. The floorplan is ideal to the wife's needs. If we call ahead of time they will reserve a table up front near the salad bar. Since the wife and I both love salads this is our favorite repast. We will figure out some other entre to order, but our real interest is the salad bar.

Wish we could be more versitile, but it just is not in the cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati