Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 04:13 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,543,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
I assume that the B&E's were those in the paper two weeks ago by the woman who stole jewelry.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...-of-burglaries

I'm not so sure about that. What he described was more recent than the Amanda Busch crime spree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 04:41 PM

405 posts, read 891,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t45209 View Post
...his Chistmas present in Mt. Lookout. It seems that someone saw fit to put a brick through his car window sometime over the weekend. There was very little worth while to steal, but they did it anyway. Several of his neighbor's cars also got hit, but what has them most concerned are two B&Es on their street (a side street off Herschel) where the perps entered the homes while the families were there. Can anyone explain to me when a B&E becomes a home invasion?
Breaking into cars is an extremely common crime in the Nasti, including in Hyde Park, Clifton Gaslight, Mt Lookout and surrounding areas (you can confirm this on Cinci-navigator). The criminals will smash your window if there is anything at all in view that might be valuable. That is why you can never leave anything at all in your car in this town.

There is a very large population of poor felons in Cincinnati, and they need to eat, drink and have cell phones. And spending money. So, I presume they see the less poor areas as their rightful hunting grounds.

I live in Hyde Park and lock my doors, and we also have the security system armed. I am not sure how sophisticated the professional burglars are (as compared to the smash and grab ignoramuses). In other words, do they disarm security systems in Cincy? I have read accounts of burglars who ran away when the alarms sounded...but those were the ones who were caught.

I can tell that the person(s) who burglarized my (former) residence in Clifton had the mark of true professionals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati