Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 09:33 AM

2,554 posts, read 6,901,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
Huh?

Des Moines is the capital of Iowa, not Iowa City.

I think it's interesting there is a town in Iowa named Cincinnati.
Iowa City does hold the old capital building though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 09:51 AM

901 posts, read 2,386,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
Iowa City does hold the old capital building though.
Oh, I see now. I thought he meant it was the capital city.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
Oh, I see now. I thought he meant it was the capital city.
lol he could have, I just know on a few visits of mine to Iowa City their old capital building is located there. Not too many Ohioans know a lot about Iowa. BTW, welcome to the forum.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:27 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,022,024 times
Mea culpa, Insight! It's been decades since I memorized our state capitals and only months since I've started to play with Google Earth. Thank you for the correction.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:38 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,941,150 times
I am able to walk to most of what I need here in Pleasant Ridge. Look for a neighborhood where you can live near its center or square. Others are Northside, Clifton, Hyde Park, Mt Lookout if you are near the square, Mt Adams, Clifton/University Heights and more-and-more, over the rhine. Sections of westwood are pretty good for walkability, too.

Give us a better idea of what you are looking for in a neighborhood; each that I mention are different. Some are more yuppie and DINK, others more eclectic, and others more family-oriented.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:22 PM

22 posts, read 22,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
Don't start with the bashing Ohio posts. You clearly don't sound like you know anything about the Ohio side. I have read all of your posts that you have posted in the Ohio section. There is a lot more going on on the Ohio side of the border.
How am I bashing Ohio?!?! I'm just saying what I believe and if you don't like it then STEP OFF.!

Old 01-01-2011, 07:33 PM

901 posts, read 2,386,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Mea culpa, Insight! It's been decades since I memorized our state capitals and only months since I've started to play with Google Earth. Thank you for the correction.
Oh hey, no apology necessary. I hope I didn't come across as though I was saying you were stupid. It simply confused me a bit. I looked at a map of Iowa City, and actually do see a neighborhood called Capital View along with several other places which reference a capitol. So it's quite easy to see how you would have been led to think it was the capital.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCINNATI91 View Post
How am I bashing Ohio?!?! I'm just saying what I believe and if you don't like it then STEP OFF.!
Dude, go troll somewhere else!

Old 01-11-2011, 01:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,248 times
Default I grew up in Iowa!

I moved from Iowa about 13 years ago. I have lived in NKY the entire time and love it. I currently live in a town called Wilder, KY. It is very small and about 10 minutes to down town Cincinnati. I happen to manage an apartment and town home community here. Wilder is very small but there are so many smaller cities close by. Check it out and let me know what you think. Don't rule on NKY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati