Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 04:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,174 times

Advertisements

I am a black woman and considering a move to Cincinnati. I used to live in Chicago and there were a great number of resources for survivors of incest/rape/molestation there. My mother, aunt, two sisters little brother and some cousins are also victims. I have heard Cincinnati is much more conservative though and since I am functionally disabled because of my experience I don't want to miss out on any resources or benefits or payments that I may have coming to me by a unconsidered move.

Thanks@Lo

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 04:55 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,019,829 times
Alas, the lamentations of a Troll...

Old 01-17-2011, 08:04 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
Perhaps this is a good time to remember that almost exactly 50 years ago JFK said: "Ask not what your country can do for you. But what you can do for your country". LoQuefa, I'm not trying to be insensitive, but bad things happen to many people. Most are able to move on. And some refuse to get out of the "woe is me" box...

Last edited by Crew Chief; 01-17-2011 at 08:21 AM..

Old 01-17-2011, 08:28 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,373,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoQuefa View Post
I am a black woman and considering a move to Cincinnati. I used to live in Chicago and there were a great number of resources for survivors of incest/rape/molestation there. My mother, aunt, two sisters little brother and some cousins are also victims. I have heard Cincinnati is much more conservative though and since I am functionally disabled because of my experience I don't want to miss out on any resources or benefits or payments that I may have coming to me by a unconsidered move.

Thanks@Lo

what resourses,benefits or payments do you think you have coming and why?
the great society has created several generations who think they are entitled to be compensated for any displeasure they experience in life.

suck it up and get on with your life

Old 01-17-2011, 08:51 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Perhaps this is a good time to remember that almost exactly 50 years ago JFK said: "Ask not what your country can do for you. But what you can do for your country". LoQuefa, I'm not trying to be insensitive, but bad things happen to many people. Most are able to move on. And some refuse to get out of the "woe is me" box...
I am glad to see others have reacted the same as I have to this. On this, MLK day, I don't believe the patron would endorse this type of social behavior.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htlong View Post
what resourses,benefits or payments do you think you have coming and why?
the great society has created several generations who think they are entitled to be compensated for any displeasure they experience in life.

suck it up and get on with your life
People, maybe we should all reconsider - is this an honest post or just one aimed at agitating our collective being, which it certainly has done? If we allow ourselves to be affected by such a subversive post, then perhaps we need to evaluate our positions (and I don't mean change). We need to search for a way to respond which just means go away and not give any public exposure to what has been expounded.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:05 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
I'm going with the troll theory.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
I'm going with the troll theory.
Yea Wilson I should just have stuck with that.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:41 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
I suspect as much, too. But, as the Eternal Optimist, I hedged my bet...

Old 01-17-2011, 03:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,823 times
Her post - it's an obvious troll, and honestly the somewhat indignant and righteous responses are likely what the troll intended, posting before a Martin Luther King day.

If she truly were this dysfunctional disabled do you really think she would have composed a request as lucid as this one?

One should think a bit more before reacting, public embarrassment is a fine hobby but one best not over indulged in… not that I'm immune to this vice, but I certainly can point it out in others.

Being libertarian minded, I don't defend excessive state administered doles: but excessive self righteousness displayed towards recipients of benefits granted due to psychological distress arising from rape, sexual molestation, and incest, does make one look a bit like the proverbial Grinch.

I believe even Ebenezer Scrooge would have approved poorhouse doles in such cases...

The trickle of money possibly being given out in such resources, when compared to the overall mass of local municipal state and federal wastage of funds is so insignificant that it begs the question as to why grown adults latch on to the symbolic value of the waste of welfare and social resources funds when other far more significant wastages of funds is often rubber stamped by the self-same people. It’s like crying in indignation because I pricked your arm with a needle, whilst your best friend just gave you a sucking chest wound with a .50 Magnum Desert Eagle…

I love Cincinnati, but honestly one of the most amusing things I’ve noticed about the local social and political discourses – on both the Left and Right alike – has been an obsession with irrelevant, though highly symbolic, minutiae.

There, my first post ever here, feel free to flame away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati