Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 06:22 AM

257 posts, read 606,449 times

Advertisements

Ok, I know gaslight area is good but are there other areas around Clifton that are nice/safe?

There are several houses for sale in Clifton southwest of UC, Flora St./Victor/Stratford Ave. and surrounding.

Thanks,
Amie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 04:35 PM

310 posts, read 1,204,906 times
Default Clifton

You may want to consider Northside and College Hill in addition to Clifton.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:07 PM

710 posts, read 3,033,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_to_town View Post
Ok, I know gaslight area is good but are there other areas around Clifton that are nice/safe?

There are several houses for sale in Clifton southwest of UC, Flora St./Victor/Stratford Ave. and surrounding.

Thanks,
Amie
just go with clifton

Old 05-25-2008, 09:29 AM

4,882 posts, read 13,748,929 times
Default The depths of Clifton are in the "Heights"

Some of the streets south of McMillan, particularly east of West Clifton Ave (a contradiction you'll only figure out by looking at a map) are worth looking into. The houses are skinny and close together, but are mainly 2.5-story or taller and have length to compensate for width. Whether wood-frame or brick, they mostly have porches and were built to last when they went up 100+ years ago. The loud cautionary note I have to sound has to do with the UC students who are legion around there. A lot of those blocks are "graced" with screaming keg parties on weekends and often not just on weekends. More power to you if you're willing to endure that in exchange for all the pluses of the neighborhood.

It depends on what you read or whom you talk to, but the names Fairview Hts, University Hts, and Clifton Hts are all applied to that area and who's to say who's right? Yet another tag is "Lower Clifton." Your chances of being spared shrieking coeds and puking frat boys improve the farther east of West Clifton Ave or west of Clifton Ave - confused yet? lol - you go. But the flip side is that you're that much closer to sketchy Mohawk, Brighton, and OTR.

I second the fallback reco's of Northside and College Hill, and would like to add Winton Place (aka Spring Grove Village) to that list.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:02 PM

7,046 posts, read 8,862,908 times
Quote:

Thanks,
Amie
Stick with the gaslight area or better yet Northside, avoid the SW area of UC, including Wheeler St. and Chickasaw Ave. those were areas to stay away from when I went to UC.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:00 AM

74 posts, read 280,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Stick with the gaslight area or better yet Northside, avoid the SW area of UC, including Wheeler St. and Chickasaw Ave. those were areas to stay away from when I went to UC.

I really don't know what woxyroxme is talking about. But I live SW of UC, near the corner of Victor and Emming, and I have to say it is near silent most nights. Never had a single problem with crime either, and I get home as late as 4 am on some nights.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:44 PM

43 posts, read 172,385 times
I too am looking at clifton and I have found homes on Taylor Ave, Fairview Ave and Bishop St. Are these good streets in the neighborhood?/?

Old 05-30-2008, 02:16 PM

74 posts, read 280,988 times
Really the best way to know is to spend sometime driving and waling through the area at various times of the day. Get a feel for the area yourself instead of relying on others opinions.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:44 PM

1 posts, read 5,391 times
Default Clifton home for sale (Victor St.)

Quote:

Thanks,
Amie
I have a house for sale on Victor St. with private off street parking for 8 vehicles that is included with the purchase of the house.
First 137,000.00!! This house has not been formerly listed.
Clifton/Home Seller
betty@fuse.net

Old 07-04-2008, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 5,383 times
Default I've lived on Fairview, Great place

I lived right in the middle of Fairview Ave for 2-3 years. Great place to live, right on a bus route. This is a nice area with low crime full of helpful and interesting neighbors In addition the area is convenient to Downtown, UC campus, Ludlow, and some wonderful restaurants (I used to practically live on Krishna's Indian Carryout and King Wok). I'd highly recommend the area to anyone new in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati